Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi I'm brittney and I'd like to say .... I hate my skin! I have had acne since the 7th grade where it began as just small little pimples. But i am now 16 and it has progressed to little bumps covering my entire face with at least one painful inflated zit at all times. I do pick at my zits (I'm trying to stop). And I believe my acne is hereditary (both my mom and dad had it had as teen thru early adulthood). My acne also extends down my neck and onto my chest, back, and shoulders. It,s ugly, embarrassing, and painful. My skin is combo/oily and does not scar easily. I also wear makeup on a daily basis which includes the whole 9 yards ( concealer, foundation, powder etc.). The foundation I use is by cover girl and is oil free and I will switch between using my fingers or a brush to apply. I wash my face twice a day with Mary Kay velocity cleanser which is very gentle. I've tried a few things for acne one of those being benziclyn but nothing seems to do much for me. All I want is to feel beautiful and confident without makeup on and I can't do that with acne. I want to wake up on the morning and look in the mirror and say wow my skin looks good. So do you think the regimen would work for me? Should I just go ahead and try it?

Have you seen, or considered seeing a derm? I know that is not an option for some people, but if you have bad acne in areas other than your face I think it may be worth considering Accutane.

The regimen works for many people but not everyone, and it didn't really work for me. It depends on your skin type and how it reacts to different things. In my case, I have noticed I have really sensitive skin because whenever I try something that says "may cause irritation" in the product description, it doesn't work out too well for me. Unfortunately, treating acne is a trial and error, so try different things (starting with BP) and if things don't work always go with natural. I have never been to the dermotologist but if you're desperate then try giving it a go, but some of their products may be a little irritating or maybe even turn your acne worse. But it depends on the person! So before you start buying all kinds of products I suggest you research enough info until you have a grasp of what it is you are treating and what is the best treatment for you.

Good luck!

I'm going to just say yes, give it a try. I'm eighteen and I suffered mild acne throughout a lot of my early teenage years. I've now had beautiful, clear skin (like in commercials - I'm a dude, so also using no makeup) for about two years. I've been on the regimen for three. It just goes to show that you have to be consistent once you start! If it doesn't work out, what have you lost? A few bucks, but at least you know you've ruled out a huge obstacle in clearing your acne (knowing that this regimen does not work for you.)

For me? It worked wonders. I've never been clearer and I've also been tailoring Dan's regimen to meet my specific needs. I really hope you'll give it a shot because I have huge confidence that you'll enjoy it and clear up as much as I (and thousands of others!) have. :)