Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi, I've been a lurker among the boards and this is my first time posting.

I got a huge pimple (not sure if cyst or nodule maybe) a couple days ago. I popped it yesterday as it came to a large head. I pricked it with a needle and gently pushed the pus out with blood following after. I go to sleep and the next day it formed another large head but in a different spot withing the same pimple. I popped it again today using the same method but this time not that much pus came out and instead bled like crazy. I have had acne for about 7 years (I'm 23 now) and never have I had this type of pimple. Usually after I've popped them, they'd go away while leaving a red mark. Just wondering if anyone could help me out here. Feeling really down about this right now...

Honestly, just leave it alone and apply some bp on it. Or aloe vera gel it helps it heal a lot faster. But most of all don't pick it! And dont worry its just one pimple, it will go away.

Honestly, just leave it alone and apply some bp on it. Or aloe vera gel it helps it heal a lot faster. But most of all don't pick it! And dont worry its just one pimple, it will go away.

Thanks, I'll try not to worry about it. Gotta go out and buy some aloe vera gel as it seems that a lot of other people recommend using it from what I've read.

Hey there,

For future reference it's best to leave pimples alone. Let them go through the "process" by themselves. It will save alot of grief and worry. Just try to keep your mind off the zit and let it drain/dry up by itself. When you pop, you are opening a portal in your skin for bacteria to enter and you will possibly breakout in other locations. Always try to keep the surface of your skin unbroken, even if there's visible pus. It will eventually go away by itself.