Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Captain Chaos

Hi

Sorry it's been said before, but..

I have had mild/moderate acne which has totally subsided since I've been drinking Green Tea, upon waking I have no new acne and the red marks are fading fast! the stuff is amazing, give it a try!!

I've no idea why or how it works, it just does!! A few others on here have seen VAST improvements in their skin since they started drinking green tea..

Cheers

Ben

Guest Captain Chaos

You can get it from Tescos, or any supermarket I spose

I use Twinnings or Tetley green tea (flavoured ones)

It's in the tea section, just ask someone if u cant find it!

Good luck!

Guest Captain Chaos

Oh and it tastes ok!! Don't put sugar in it though, that won't do you any good..

I have seen MAJOR MAJOR improvements...including finally being 100% clear on my shoulders!

I also use twinnings green tea aswell as typhoon green tea!

BEST THING I EVER DID,my face is getting better and better every day!

are you talking about the hot kind of green tea or I know I have had some that like arizona or whatever brand sells at like gas stations or 7-11's that are really cold and really good.  But I have heard there really good for you.

Guest Captain Chaos

No idea, all i know is that it clears up my skin...but if i drink any type of hot drink in the morning, it definetely gets my bowels moving..!

So Green Tea acts as a laxative?

DRINKING SUPERMARKET BOUGHT GREEN TEA WILL NOT BENEFIT YOUR HEALTH IN ANY WAY. YOU HAVE SOME KIND OF PLACEBO THING GOING ON THERE. MOST OFTEN IT IS CUT WITH USELESS HERBS OR GREEN TEA DUST AND OVERBREWED AND PROCESSED SO YOU WILL GET NOWHERE WITH IT. THIS IS FACT.

PLEASE DO A BIT OF RESEARCH (TRY GOOGLE) ON GREEN TEA BECAUSE YOU CAN BENEFIT YOUR HEALTH ONLY BY DRINKING 'REAL' GREEN TEA. GO TO YOUR LOCAL CHINESE MARKET OR STORE AND ASK THEM FOR EITHER LOOSE GREEN TEA LEAVES OR UNFERMENTED TEA BAGS. XIAMEN CO. SEA DYKE BRAND IS GOOD.

DRINKING SUPERMARKET BOUGHT GREEN TEA WILL NOT BENEFIT YOUR HEALTH IN ANY WAY.  YOU HAVE SOME KIND OF PLACEBO THING GOING ON THERE.  MOST OFTEN IT IS CUT WITH USELESS HERBS OR GREEN TEA DUST AND OVERBREWED AND PROCESSED SO YOU WILL GET NOWHERE WITH IT.  THIS IS FACT.

PLEASE DO A BIT OF RESEARCH (TRY GOOGLE) ON GREEN TEA BECAUSE YOU CAN BENEFIT YOUR HEALTH ONLY BY DRINKING 'REAL' GREEN TEA.  GO TO YOUR LOCAL CHINESE MARKET OR STORE AND ASK THEM FOR EITHER LOOSE GREEN TEA LEAVES OR UNFERMENTED TEA BAGS.  XIAMEN CO. SEA DYKE BRAND IS GOOD.

Actually he is right. Store bought tea bags, while healthy enough, are nothing compared to good loose leaf green tea.

Even the various kinds of green tea is complicated, much like choosing a wine. They vary by sesason, by country, and by how long you choose to brew it. With tea bags, they basically get the leftovers of what the real tea shippers don't take. Therefore they get a good price and pass that on to the consumer(READ: bad quality).

Green tea is a product where you absolutely get what you pay for. The studies done with real green tea have concluded that you need 2 glasses of really good tea a day, 2-5 of the average loose leaf, which is common in Japanese households, and well over 12 cups of the store bought stuff(and the 12 cups was studied witht he best store bought organic tea bags).

It should be obvious that any food of drink that you process in any way loses some of it's effectiveness and some of these green tea's int he bags have gone through a lot of processing to get on your selves. PLus they say on the boxes to put it in boiling water, which right there cancels out most of the benefits.

Actually he is right. Store bought tea bags, while healthy enough, are nothing compared to good loose leaf green tea.

Even the various kinds of green tea is complicated, much like choosing a wine. They vary by sesason, by country, and by how long you choose to brew it. With tea bags, they basically get the leftovers of what the real tea shippers don't take. Therefore they get a good price and pass that on to the consumer(READ: bad quality).

Green tea is a product where you absolutely get what you pay for. The studies done with real green tea have concluded that you need 2 glasses of really good tea a day, 2-5 of the average loose leaf, which is common in Japanese households, and well over 12 cups of the store bought stuff(and the 12 cups was studied witht he best store bought organic tea bags).

It should be obvious that any food of drink that you process in any way loses some of it's effectiveness and some of these green tea's int he bags have gone through a lot of processing to get on your selves. PLus they say on the boxes to put it in boiling water, which right there cancels out most of the benefits.

omg that sux. ive been drinking like 7bags a day of salada store bought from trader joes green tea so its doing nothing? where can i get the pure tea leaves ur talking about?

I never said it's doing nothing. I said compared tot he good green tea it does a lot less.

I do know for a fact that the anti-cancer properties are much much less in green tea that is is bags as well as several other benefits. While it helps to allow the leaves to unroll in the water(loose leaf), the main thing is that the mass produced tea is bottom of the barrel in terms of quality(plus it has a bigger surface area so it goes bad faster so you may get tea that's already bad).

If you could get a store that actually buys the loose leaf and packages it in bags in-store, than you would be way better off.

As for your acne clearing, who knows. Perhapse the DHT blocking ability of green tea is independant to the quality of the tea. Of course, it could also be any number of other things that are clearing you. I once thought that lemons in my water did this, until I realized that I also cut out refined carbs, started eating yogurt for the probiotics, started exercising more and meditating for the stress. I just didn't get results until I added the lemon because it took a while for my skin to show the benefits of the other things.

Guest Captain Chaos

so anyone else experienced positive results with green tea??

Hi Ryan, can you tell me what brand you bought, because I am desperate here, I've tried all the face washes, scrubs, and nothing works, green tea is my next hope to clear this bumpy face up!!

Of course my 100% clear bacne and 90% clear face since 6 day's ago has nothing to do with the green tea?.

of course my red marks slightly fading/healing are nothing to do with the green tea 6 day's ago either?.

Some people think too much!

So what do u use again captain, and how do u take it, and how many times a day?

Does drinking it make u heal faster? Im using clean and clear bh clearing scrub and taking oxytetracyline, would these have any effect on the benifits of the tea.

Tell me all

Oh yeah and i use acv on my chest , back and upper arms let it dry in the put baby powder over the top to conceal the smell and oilyness, seems to work pretty good!

If this green tea does help u heal faster then its just what im looking for. Maybe it even helps regenerate new skin cells faster if it is clearing u up so fast!