Notifications
Clear all

Best Oil Controller/ Mattifier For Under Or Over Make Up

MemberMember
(@randomgirl1984)

Posted : 08/14/2012 1:50 pm

I have acne which is being treated with oral antibiotics (lymecycline) and epiduo (adapalene and benzyl peroxide) gel overnight.

I try not to wear make up but if I go somewhere I will see a lot of people like church for example I will put some on to cover my acne as it's really bad. I've got the acne coverage sorted but after a few hours my nose gets greasy through the make up. I'm using oil free make up and it looks good for the first few hours but then it gets really oily. I remember years ago I had a product that absorbed the oil under the make up but I can't remember what it was and think it might have been discontinued. Does any one know of any products that are good for this? Either something that goes on under the make up (I already use a primer) or over. Has anyone tried the Urban Decay oil control spray that goes over it? Any suggestions? I don't mind the price range.

MemberMember
(@snsdgirl14)

Posted : 08/14/2012 4:52 pm

Yes, I have a bottle of Urban Decay DeSlick. It's awesome. :) Definitely worth the money! I get oily after a few hrs too.

Also, I would recommend oil blotting tissues. They're light enough so they won't smudge your makeup while absorbing extra oils.

MemberMember
(@soundofsilence)

Posted : 10/05/2012 8:36 pm

was the product you used years ago, called seban? if so, it's still out there. I havent tried it, just read up on it. For your nose, try a thin layer of Unflavored Milk Of Magnesia under your makeup. Key word is- thin layer. I use it as a primer everyday, and it keeps the oilies at bay for a lot longer than when I dont use it.

MemberMember
(@portofmorrow)

Posted : 10/05/2012 8:47 pm

Are you using a foundation with a matte finish, and then setting that foundation with a powder? That usually keeps my oiliness at bay. As someone mentioned above, oil absorbing sheets are a god-send for touch-ups on the go. So is a pressed powder!

MemberMember
(@poptartie)

Posted : 10/13/2012 8:29 am

Tarte -Smooth Operator It's a clay finishing powder that does a fantastic job at controlling oil for hours.

MemberMember
(@armadillo)

Posted : 10/14/2012 9:19 am

I use Boots No.7 Beautifully Matte primer. It's hard to work with, but it does keep oiliness at bay. I recommend a powder with a 'satin' finish, as even you do get a bit oily, a satin finish will make it look dewy, and not like you rubbed lard on your face, which is the problem I had, even with matte finish powders.