Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
knicks3

Wow - initial breakout blues

Man am I a mess. I have cysts broken out on both sides of my chin. Even under my nose is raised a bit and its real sore. Hope this clears up soon.

I know your right, this thing is literally almost an inch long and swollen. But I got the tane on my side so I just have to wait it out.

The initial breakout is a REAL shit..but you have bare in mind a couple of things.

1)Doesnt last forever

2)Differs from person to person

3)Some people dont get one at all

4)Accutane in the end is the best chance people have of finally becoming clear.

I had an awful awful experience with the 'initial breakout' but am now just starting to clear. (2 months down the rickety rackety track)I too had huge huge cysts that we're freakish and id never had things like that. ITs scary and its shit but...just keep on trooping and dont loose faith and hope like i nearly did but just keep your chin up and you'll be much more content.

All the best

Frankie smile.gifsmile.gif

I have has these lessions before. Thats my main problem, I get the same cysts over and over. I has this one before. Really it might not be the tane, I always break out bad when the seasons change.

Im having no side effects so I just have to suck it up. At least Im almost 2 weeks in.

ive had recurring legions before..they're a REAL pain.What ive found helpful is intralesional steroids/cortisone injections.They direct cortisone which is an anti inflammatory steroid into the cyst and two days later its disappeared. Almost all go away for good but ive had to have secondary injections for some of the larger ones. Theres a bit of contention surrounding the injections though because of possible atrophic scarring but ive not suffered any so far and ive had 12 injections!!! It might be worth talking to your derm about!?

Frankie

Maybe, its gone away before so Im sure it will go away again. Most of my lessions are repeat, I very rarely get a cyst that I never had.

Wow, I have another huge cyst that has popped up on the other side, also a repeat offender : )

This accutane is really kicking in now.

I agree that the best thing in the world to do for these super cysts is to go to the dermatologist and have him painfully inject you with cortisone. I've actually come to enjoy the pain and following burning sensation since I know the results will look great.

I am just getting over (I hope, I pray) my intial breakout and my skin is drying up. Granted, it is still very easily irritated so I am being extremely gentle with it. I went through basically the same thing and spent all last weekend homebound, trying not to look in the mirror but I still did it anyway.

I wish you luck with your continued treatment on the wonder drug. Just be patient with your skin. It will heal.

Don't worry about it. I had bigger cyst than yours I mean their was one time a huge cyst took over my left cheek. I think it must of heal for 5 months...

I hate it that cyst.

Yeah this one I spoke about has gotten seriously large. Im going to see how it goes over the weekend and make an appointment on monday for a shot.