Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Keeneski

Some Questions about Acne

Im 16, and currently have no signs of acne. But i am quite worried about it. Im a usual 16 year old, partying, sporty, and i get the occasional pimple.

I would like to know if there is anyway to make sure i never get Acne, like as in washing my face etc.

I use Face wash dailey, cause im worried about getting it. Do you think this will prevent it ?

Basically im just asking everything and anything about a 16yr old getting acne who hasnt got it so far. So if you could give me a run through, that would be great, as i currently have no idea about this issue. Ta

Also, ive read some things about Apple Cider Viniger and im told that it can help skin and all. Perhaps this could prevent it from ever happening ?

You never know how your body is going to react...you could have acne in the future...and you might not. There is so much confusing information out there about facial skin. So far, I've learned a few things that seem to be true: don't overly irritate your skin (by picking, over medicating, using pore clogging products), make sure you moisturize every day, and wear at least 15 SPF sunscreen. If you only have occasional pimples, try using the BP in that area on a regular basis.

The vinegar is an acid. You should only use it diluted in water on your face (this dilution should be 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar to 1/2 cup water--from Natural Beauty at Hone by Janice Cox). It is supposed to bring the proper pH level back to your skin after you have washed it. But, I think that if you use a mild enough soap (like Cetaphil), you don't need to rebalance your pH. Use that vinegar to get the residue off your hair while you are in the shower, you really don't need it for your face.

Good luck!

biggrin.gif

Cool. Thanks, that clears some stuff up

Just need to clarify you, Whats BP gel ?

And i also heard you can drink Apple cider vinegar, which stops the reaction of acne, not to mention cures many other problems like colds and stuff. Is this true ?