Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
melissapat

Compact (Full Coverage&Oily Skin)

Hi,

My skin is oily and I'm looking for a full coverage compact for oily skin which controls shine well and has full coverage.

(I don't have Bobbi Brown and Laura Mercier shop around so I can't buy these brands)

I searched for a compact and now I need your suggestions about these:

1-CHANEL, DOUBLE PERFECTION COMPACT

MATTE REFLECTING POWDER MAKEUP

user posted image

Soft, smooth texture ensures easy application for a naturally radiant, matte complexion. Light-reflecting pigments minimize the appearance of lines. Use dry for sheer coverage, or with lightly moistened sponge for a long-lasting, velvety matte finish.

2-C. DIOR, DIORSKIN COMPACT

SKIN-TRUE POWDER MAKEUP

user posted image

Helps your skin look & feel its best all day long

Provides light pigment diffusing to light away imperfections

SPF20 offers optimal protection against the sun

Enhances smooth, natural-looking & radiant complexion

3-CLINIQUE, City Base Compact Foundation SPF 15

user posted image

Buildable coverage glides on as a cream, then turns into a silky powder. Imparts a soft, matte finish and also defends against environmental damage. Oil-free. Long-wearing.

4-SHISEIDO, Shiseido Pureness Matifying Compact Oil-Free

user posted image

This oil-free, yet never drying powdery foundation provides the perfect matte finish while minimizing the appearance of pores with light diffusing powders

I have yellow based skin and some imperfections so I need very good coverage.

What do you think?

Thanks for reading eusa_angel.gif

I Love Shiseido foundation. It's one of the few makeups that won't break me out. AFter exhaustive foundation hunting, I came across Shiseido's Hydro... (something) foundation. It's a creme foundation in a compact form. The MA at the counter applied it on my face, I was sold right there! It doesn't perform miracles, but it's the best product I've used covering up my red scars. It works better than concealers I've tried. I sweep the foundation all over my face lightly, then dab extra where needed. If you have oily skin, your face will get oily no matter what brand you use. Maybe you can use oil free powder for touch-ups. Thanks to your pic post, I'm going to go back to the Shiseido counter to try the pureness oil free powder... one more thing, my friend tried Chanel and returned it after couple of days because it made her dry-normal skin oily.

skincarefanatic- thank you for your reply smile.gif

I tested, Shiseido Pureness Matifying Compact Oil-Free, on my hand only as I had another foundation on my face and i was in a hurry. It's texture is good, but it doesn't seem to have great coverage. I'll go and test it on my face soon.

Chanel is too expensive but it has full coverage as far as i know. But as you said it leaves skin oily, it seems that it's not suitable for me.

Thanks again.

Besides Laura Mercier, I think Chanel is your best choice.

Clinique usually has pink undertone which might look too gray for people with yellow undertone skin. Shiseido has good texture but it is too light and doesn't cover as much. Dior skin is quite good but it can irritate your skin if you have sensitive skin.

I hope the makeup works out for you, Melissa biggrin.gif I used to use powdery foudation, but realized I was only caking up my face without much coverage. Now, I use the creamy foundation from Shiseido on my cheeks only, and use powder overall. I like the creamy foundation more than liquid because it gives me better coverage where I need it. Throughout the day, I only use the powder to touch up. By the way, before you touch up, it helps to use oil blotting paper. Then your makeup won't be as cakey. Don't use tissue... it lifts off some of the makeup. Try this method and let me know how it works. Good luck!