Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
QuickCash

Moisturizer Questions

I've been on the Regimen for a little over 2 weeks now and my face is slowly adjusting to the BP, but my skin is still very dry and I don't think Dan's moisturizer is moisturizing enough (yes, I've been adding about 8 drops of jojoba oil each application). I heard that the Cetaphil moisturizer is a better alternative, but I am kind of hesitant because I might break out or my skin might get worse. Also, are there any spf moisturizers that don't break you out and don't leave your face with a whitish tint? I am using Olay complete spf 15 moisturizer for sensitive skin during the day, but it makes my face look white.

Lumiplexion. SPF15 is not sufficient on or off BP. Lumiplexion has an SPF 30. It won't break you out. It's a gel and does not leave any color behind. She does carry a chemical free SPF that has the whitening effect to it, if you prefer chemical free, and she can tint it so it's not so white. But her regular gel SPF is awesome and every one in my family uses it. It is also has a light moisture to it. You may want to try her gel (clear) moisturizer for extra moisture while on the BP. Most days I use the sunscreen only (not on BP) but I really the moisturizer too.

Edited by Ripon10

I have used cetaphil with great results. Yes, it is a little heavy, and has the potential to break people out (not me thankfully), but if you want moisturizing, it is the way to go. I can't help you much with the spf. The only one I have ever used is the Olay you are using.

Relax. It's only been several weeks, your skin will get fully accustomed to BP eventually. Use 3 full pumps of moisturiser and 6 drops of jojoba oil and as I keep advocating here in the forums: take a break from BP for a day or two if the side effects become way too much to bear.

It's like bodybuilding and exercise; if the muscles and joints are too sore then the person has to take a break to let his/her body recuperate. Same principle applies to your skin

Personally, Cetaphil products don't agree with my skin. I used a Cetaphil cleanser and moisturising lotion on my first week and the lotion irritated and itched the living crap out of me (on top of the conventional side effects associated with first-time BP use). Stick with Dan's products, they've been custom-formulated for people like us cool.png