Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kazushi

Does Summer Cause Breakouts?

My acne has been quite mild since i came off Accutane, and suddenly since we start getting really hot weather i begin breaking out in tiny little pustules, i'm sticking to the regimine but it isnt working :( is there anything i can do?

Weather changes CAN affect acne, but a season alone shouldn't cause a significant difference. I would caution against overwashing, even if you feel like you are getting sweaty, that is a normal body function needed for you to cool down. Are you doing anything specific right now?

Hi, I was wondering this just recently, as it has become really fairly humid in england, and I have been having really oily skin which is weird, as my skin has always been dry.

I think it has some correlation as the humidty and heat can contribute to your acne, however it is not a cause at all, I think it just isn't good for it if you get really sweaty and warm, especially during the night, I have this problem where it is very warm during the night and when you wake up you notice you have probably been sweating yet it proably dried overnight, which isn't good for the skin at all.

I've read a lot about people getting bad breakouts during very specific times of the years. For me, it seems to be end of summer/beginning of fall. My skin just goes crazy. Also, you have to remember your skin is sweating more, dirt is sticking to the sweat, therefore your skin is breaking out. Also, are you wearing sunscreen? That's going to have a negative effect on your skin too. I try to use a sunscreen for babies on my face. It will pass. I recently moved to FL (from NY where I finallllllly had clear skin) and my skin is breaking out again due to the humidity, use of screenscreen and from sweating.

I literally was just about to post a topic like this.

I've used BP for almost 3 years now, and my face has been remarkably clear.

I live in New York, and this summer has been the hottest that I can ever remember. Right around June (when the heat started) my face started to break out. I only use water to clean my face, as cleansers really dry out my skin and cause more acne. I'm really thinking that I have no choice but to start using a cleanser in the summer, since this is just getting ridiculous. I feel like I'm sweating all of the time in this heat.

Edited by GFoed020

Maybe its all the sweating and sunscreen? If you are hopefully using any. I find that when I put a lot of makeup on a hot day, my skin looks awful later. Also wearing sun screen on my face doesn't do much good since its usually pretty greasy. I wear lots of tanks when I go to work and Im breaking out under where the straps are. Nothing too seriously but the sweat gets caught under there and causes them to clog.

Hmmmmmm interesting case :)

Well i have hyperhidrosis so in the summer i seriously suffer, and just in july and august my skin has looked terrible, i dont get big spots i tend to get hundreds of small ones every single day, so i was just curious as to see if my sweating in summer is causing my breakouts? i havent broke out for a year, i'm an EX accutane patient too :/

Personally I believe breakouts are worse in the summer. The heat is more conducive to bacteria reproduction (i.e. acne). Also seems like sweat can get trapped in pores that are clogged.

Are you using sunscreen on your face as this is more then likely to be blocking your pores?

It's wierd because I always find a good holiday in the sun does wonders for acne. It could be the jumping into pool/sea to cool off removes all the sweat gently. Even find I can eat lots of crap and get away with it.