Jojoba Oil Purging

MemberMember
(@murph89)

Posted : 08/10/2012 11:19 am

Can jojoba oil cause purging?

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 08/10/2012 1:11 pm

Your skin can definitely go through a transition period where it breaks out much more. If after a few weeks there is no improvement, it may be wise to stop using it.

MemberMember
(@rheks)

Posted : 08/13/2012 9:54 am

I believe so, I had been using it to remove makeup, I am not sure it was the jojoba oil, but after using it did seem to bring out some spots in areas where there were small bumps before, which in a way is good so that they come out and clear up. If it does persist for too long and becomes tedius, perhaps it's not right and seems adviceable to stop using it as your skin may not adjust to oil very well. I found I couldn't put it on my face everynight as it made my skin much to greasy and hard to wash off in the morning.

MemberMember
(@maddi23)

Posted : 05/29/2015 6:48 pm

I have never before had a huge cyst that just showed up overnight! Just the day before my skin was clear for once in my life and then i used the jojoba oil and woke up with a very red lump! I'll keep using it though because I have a feeling it's part of the purging. I've heard of people just kept going through it and then their skin got clear and stayed clear! Cool. Can't wait.

MemberMember
(@kennah)

Posted : 03/05/2019 1:03 am

Did it work? I'm starting my second week and getting small bumps still?