Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted

About 3 months ago, I got mild-moderate acne on my forehead. I went and bought PanOxyl 5%, and it cleared the pimples quite quickly, but I was left with red marks. I continued using the PanOxyl, and my skin became dry and peeled. After about 3-4 weeks of my skin peeling, the red marks went. Just when I was clear, the pimples came back. I used the PanOxyl again, but this time my skin was used to it, so it didnt dry out or peel my skin, but it did get rid of the spots. However, I was left with more red marks. These marks were the same colour as the last marks, but its been 6 weeks and they havent faded. So I was thinking, I know people say benzoyl peroxide is bad for hyperpigmentation, but could the peeling effect of the PanOxyl have essentially ex-foliated away the red marks? Im thinking of using PanOxyl 10%, in the hope it will cause the top layers of skin to peel again. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Posted

HI I have phoned the London about the withdrawal of Panoxyl and posted a message on the manufacturers facbook page. It may help if more post how this product has changed their lives. http://www.facebook.com/StiefelGSK

Posted

Yes, that's what happened to me too when I was using a BP spot treatment. However, once my skin stopped getting dry and peeled from it, the marks seemed to last forever, and are really dark. I exfoliate regularly and they don't seem to be fading, which is really depressing cry.gif . Now, I don't put ANY BP on my acne, and they don't leave marks. Or if they do, they fade quickly. Dark marks have made me REALLY depressed, and now I know the cause of mine, looking back I would have never used BP. Look into other methods like salycic acid

Posted (edited)

I've said this so many times, but I guess once more couldn't hurt. I used BP for about 4 years. I developed blotchiness and dark brown spots (practically everywhere) that haven't faded in the last 4 years...I don't think my skin colour will ever be returning. My skin is about 4-5 shades darker than my nose and it just looks idiotic.

Edited by Lee1234