Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stever82

Moisterizer with spf or without?

Does it matter if the moisterizer has spf 15 in it? Could i just use the Neutrogena oil free moisture without the spf 15 and then add seperate sunblock? spf 15 is not enough for me thats why i dont wanna use the one which was recommended with spf 15. I found a neutrogena daily moisterizer with spf 30 would that one be fine as well. If anybody has any suggestions please let me know, thanx in advance for your help.

Adding sunscreen to a moisturizer can change the SPF of the sunscreen. So, you'll have less protection if you add 15 SPF to your moistuizer. What I do is use Cetaphil 15 SPF on my face in the morning and I have a Cetaphil moisturizer at night. Two products. Easy enough. I'm sure Neutrogena has two similar products...but, the fewer ingredients a product has, the easier it will be on your face (allergy and irritation-wise).

smile.gif

I went to the dermatologist and im getting v-beam laser treatment so she told me i should use a strong sunscreen like spf 30 or something. I found this neutrogena daily moisterizer with spf 30, would that one be fine to use with the regimen.