Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kayylaa13

So Tired Of These Red Marks. Help! (Pics)

Posted

How bad are they? I know I have a few active pimples right now but I am not sure if I have any real scarring.

IS there any product that will help get rid of these annyoing confidence destroyers?

I am currentyl using Mederma morning and night and Proactiv Dark Spot Corrector just at night.

I WANT THESE GONE!!!

Posted

Hi Kayylaa,

Your skin doesn't look that bad. A couple years ago my skin was far worse than yours. Your skin looks kinda similar to mine. Chemical peels should definitely clear you up. I would suggest you try TCA peels. If you don't know what TCA peels are I could give you more information. I recommend TCA peels because I had success using them. It cleared me up beautifully. However, all my red/brown marks reappeared because I didn't apply anything on my skin for maintenance, such as weekly Glycolic Peels, I know stupid of me. So now I'm at stage one again prepping my skin. You should give it a try. I think you'll have success as well.

Posted

How long did you have the marks for? I am going to a dermatologist next Tuesday and getting a chemical peel done

Posted (edited)

I 100% agree with ManlyCurls26. I've always suffered from red marks, way worse than active pimples. And they last for yearrrsss. It's was and still is frustrating. I LOVE the TCA peel (15%). It worked wonders. They can be dangerous if you don't follow the directions, but they're easy & actually work. I get mine from Make Up Artists Choice. Your skin looks similar to how mine looked so I bet you would have great results. Also, I hope you're getting results from the Mederma. It did NOTHING for me. So annoying. Glad I found out about the TCA peels on the Org. Just a note though, don't use the peel on active pimples.

Edited by HelloLovve

Posted

How long did you have the marks for? I am going to a dermatologist next Tuesday and getting a chemical peel done

I've had my marks for about 4 years now. It's much safer having a dermatologist apply the chemical peel. However, I agree with HelloLovve, they're very easy to do at home. Plus, if your struggling with money or short on cash you'll save quite a lot of money by ordering them online. What type of chemical peel are they giving you?

Posted

I 100% agree with ManlyCurls26. I've always suffered from red marks, way worse than active pimples. And they last for yearrrsss. It's was and still is frustrating. I LOVE the TCA peel (15%). It worked wonders. They can be dangerous if you don't follow the directions, but they're easy & actually work. I get mine from Make Up Artists Choice. Your skin looks similar to how mine looked so I bet you would have great results. Also, I hope you're getting results from the Mederma. It did NOTHING for me. So annoying. Glad I found out about the TCA peels on the Org. Just a note though, don't use the peel on active pimples.

I also get my TCA peels from Make Up Artists Choice. Love their products and website. But I've found a cheaper and better alternative to buying Glycolic Peels. I too tried Mederma years ago and it didn't do crap to my skin. Are the TCA chemical peels working for you?

Posted

I also get my TCA peels from Make Up Artists Choice. Love their products and website. But I've found a cheaper and better alternative to buying Glycolic Peels. I too tried Mederma years ago and it didn't do crap to my skin. Are the TCA chemical peels working for you?

The TCA is amazing for me. I've had to stop doing them though bc I'm pregnant. Can't wait to start them back up again. I've never used Glycolic Peels. From my research I've read that they're quite a bit weaker than the TCA? I need something strong to take out these marks. I'm thinking of going from the 15% TCA up to the 18%.

Posted

Your marks are not too bad. Mine looked like yours a few months ago. I'm not sure what got rid of mine so fast....but I take Doxy 2x a day and use Epiduo at night, and supposedly Epiduo helps faster cell turnover.

I've also had 2 chemical peels, and the results have been wonderful! My marks are essentially gone and my skin tone is so much more even. Just go to a trusted derm or esthetician and start out with a lower percentage peel, gradually working up to higher ones. It usually takes a few peels to see significant difference, but it's awesome.

Posted

The TCA is amazing for me. I've had to stop doing them though bc I'm pregnant. Can't wait to start them back up again. I've never used Glycolic Peels. From my research I've read that they're quite a bit weaker than the TCA? I need something strong to take out these marks. I'm thinking of going from the 15% TCA up to the 18%.

Yes, Glycolic Peels are weaker than TCA Peels. It's not recommended to apply TCA Peels too frequently in a short span of time. That's why I'm planning on applying Glycolic Acid Peels or Mandelic Acid Peels weekly for maintenance along with a skin whitening cream and sunscreen of course. I started with 12% I believe then worked my way up to 21%. When I purchase another bottle, I'm ordering the 24%. I'm not going any higher than that. When you get rid of those red marks, what are you going to use for maintenance? If your skin can handle 15% then you can definitely move up to 18%, just be careful and don't burn yourself.

Posted

Yes, Glycolic Peels are weaker than TCA Peels. It's not recommended to apply TCA Peels too frequently in a short span of time. That's why I'm planning on applying Glycolic Acid Peels or Mandelic Acid Peels weekly for maintenance along with a skin whitening cream and sunscreen of course. I started with 12% I believe then worked my way up to 21%. When I purchase another bottle, I'm ordering the 24%. I'm not going any higher than that. When you get rid of those red marks, what are you going to use for maintenance? If your skin can handle 15% then you can definitely move up to 18%, just be careful and don't burn yourself.

Hmm...sounds like GP's are worth looking into for maintenance. I don't do anything for maintenance with the TCA. I just do one every 6 months and that seems to stop the acne from forming, hence no redmarks. But the TCA peel makes me nervous for continuous use just due to how harsh the chemicals are. If I can handle a 15% TCA (which was a little weak IMO), what percentage GP would you recommend? Being pregnant is wreaking havoc on my skin. I can't wait until February when baby is here and I can do another peel.

Do skin whitening creams really work? I've heard mixed reviews but have never asked anyone who used them.

Posted

Thanks for the advice. I think mederma is helping with my marks and I have been drinking so much water lately my skin feels refreshed and has a small glow to it.

Posted

Hmm...sounds like GP's are worth looking into for maintenance. I don't do anything for maintenance with the TCA. I just do one every 6 months and that seems to stop the acne from forming, hence no redmarks. But the TCA peel makes me nervous for continuous use just due to how harsh the chemicals are. If I can handle a 15% TCA (which was a little weak IMO), what percentage GP would you recommend? Being pregnant is wreaking havoc on my skin. I can't wait until February when baby is here and I can do another peel.

Do skin whitening creams really work? I've heard mixed reviews but have never asked anyone who used them.

Are your red marks mild or severe? For me, applying TCA every 6 months is not enough for maintenance. When TCA cleared me up within a month my marks reappeared. I was so bummed.cry.gif Yeah I also feel uncomfortable applying all these chemicals onto my skin, but so far It's only thing I've found that works. What I do is apply the TCA Peel every 2 weeks, until I reach 3 to 4 sessions. My skin reacts to the continuous use pretty well, no side effects. But everyone's skin is different.

If I were you I'd start with 25% GP and work your way up. Actually, that's exactly what I'm going to do once I start the maintance process. I haven't did a single GP yet, but I've done some research and someone recommended me weekly GP to help maintain my post-TCA Peel results. They recommend you start off at 10% GP, but It's very mild and won't do nothing for your skin, especiallly for the red marks we suffer from, at lease that's what I've been told.

I have never actually used a whitening cream before. However, back in highschool I went to this dermatologist who prescribe me a liquid form of hydroquinone and not only did it help clear my acne, but it also lightened my marks and skin tone beautifully. I went back a couple years ago and sadly it didn't work. I'm thinking maybe because during that time I haven't exfoliated in years, so maybe it wasn't able to penetrate my skin deep enough, I don't know. The skin whitening cream I plan on buying gets good reviews. I'm buying it from a seller on Ebay, the same seller who sells medical grade Glycolic Acid Peels cheap.

Thanks for the advice. I think mederma is helping with my marks and I have been drinking so much water lately my skin feels refreshed and has a small glow to it.

Awesome! smile.png I'm glad to hear that your seeing results.