Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
groyner

Apple Cider Vinegar rocks!

Holy cow I am impressed at the reduction in redness and healing ability of this stuff!! Its truely amazing... wish I had found it sooner. Right now I am using Dans BP as well as the Blochas(sp) regimine and really havent had much luck to speak of. Things are pretty much the same... maybe slight reduction but ive only been using them for 3 weeks max.

As for which brand of the ACV to use. I went to the local grocery store and could only find the purified and filtered stuff so I passed on that and ran over to GNC. They have the real good stuff called Braggs. Supposidly its pure and unfiltered with the "mother" in it. Only cost me a cool $1.99 with tax... cant beat that!

Yeah thats extactly what im currently using, internally and externally. My necks clearing right up, however my face is becoming irritated with it, i use 100%, so ill just quit it for a couple days then start back up. I personally could swim in the stuff if only it didn't sting so much smile.gif

Still i refuse to dilute it, happy it's working for you too.

it gives you perfect flawless porcelain skin that looks like the day you were born trust me^'

well not exactly I guess many say it helps them fade marks and control acne.

I am using it full strength too but I mixed some 50% which Ill be using from now on. As for what I does for MY skin.... it just smooths it all out and healed some old active acne very fast. Basically I only use it on my forhead though b/c thats the only place I have acne so I am not exactly how id react to it on my cheeks.

You guys may want to try mixing the vinegar 1/2 to 1/2 water. My daughter tried it full strength and she broke out really bad, including cysts. She now uses it 1/2 water and 1/2 vinegar with great results. Just a tip!!

I have also started to use ACV about 8 days ago with GREAT results. Using it 100% is a little to strong, so I mix it with a little water and use it as a toner!! What a god sent. This little secret is saving my face!!! FINALLY!! smile.gif

~Elizabeth Grace

I'm going to give it a try for a week. Let's see if it fades the red spots. Cause' i have a lot of redness on my cheeks and it's embarassing. So thanks for this post. eusa_clap.gif

I'll let you know if I get any results.

I'm starting using it. And I have those scars you just mention. If I see any results within' a week. I'll start posting here. Okay.

Why are people using ACV instead of White vinegar? Any advantages/disadvantages? Also do you put it on your face then wash it off? I don't think I could go to bed or walk around all day smelling like vinegar, heh...

Oh no mine is the clear and filtered type...does it make a big difference from ACV with the 'mother'?

Also, I recently started using ACV, however I'm not sure how to fit it into the regimen; do I apply it before or after BP? PLease help, I've asked that quite a few times on the forum but to no avail...Thanks!

I just use a Q-tip and dip it into the bottle and then apply to my face in the trouble areas. What is really interesting is that I actually havent had any new active acne since I have used this. Only negative side effect is that it dries out your skin but not any worse than BP in my opinion. Apparently the ACV restores the PH of your skin which creates an environment unpleasant to bacteria.. maybe that is why I have no new acne. Only time will tell if this stuff actually does any good so for now I wait and see.

U can use Apple Cider Vinegar or plain Distilled Vinegar, both work great. If just starting to use , dilute the vinegar by mixing 1/2 vinegar and 1/2 water. Do not use full strength. U could have a severe breakout.

You can use this mixture like a toner. Wash your face. Dip a cotton ball in the vinegar solution and apply where needed. You need to let this dry before applying any other medicines or lotions on your face. If you can't stand the smell after letting it dry, you can wash it off , my daughter usually lets it stay on 15 to 30 minutes. She has seen awesome results in her red marks using the vinegar method.

P.S. - Where to buy vinegar?? At your local grocery store.

Can you have the same results if you take a teaspoon of apple cider and take it as a medicine?

Cause' I've been doing that.

3 times a day. not on my face in my body. I take it as a medicine.

The folks over at my side mix Apple cider vinegar w honey and some water and drink it daily.

It helps to detoxify your body (hence keeping your skin radiant, yes that's true) and maintains your weight too.

But ACV w water on the face should only be attempted at least a year after your last accutane pill. It might cause adverse results.