Johnjoz

my scars (accutane)

2 more months left of accutane..

1) what kinda scars do i got?

2)will they be hard to get rid of?

3) go away on there own?

4) when my skins ready wut treatment

user posted image

Are you the pretty girl at the lower left or the huge face with a couple of red marks? biggrin.gif THose should go away in just a few months, no sweat.

see where my nose is to the right and left side where its all red.. arnt those scars? look closely there kinda intented and on the right of my chin.

and on top of my left eyebraw

firstly you have to wait about 18 months or so before doing anything to your akin after Accutane due to the possiblity of more scarring.

You do look lik eyou have some scars but you`ll be surprised how much these scars can disappear by simply doing nothing. About 6 months ago i had some scars on my right cheek by my jaw, when i looked in the light i thought OH MY GOD i`m f*cked now.....6 months on these scars have GONE! seriously, dont even think about touching scars until you have NO ACNE left and you have waited due the Accutane.....when your skin has had a chance to heal it will probably look near perfect.

I hardly see any scars. They appear to be very mild and I'm sure some chemical peels would smooth those up quite well. I would guess you have very shallow rolling scars but i'm not good at classifying them so you might want to get a second opinion. I wouldn't do anything drastic like dermabrasion though.

I agree - see how you get on with some mild treatments, maybe lactic, kojic or glycolic acid peels, and possibly microdermabrasion. Apple Cider Vinegar, emu oil and puredeming's Intense Gel may also help. But i wouldn't consider anything like dermabrasion or lasering at the minute.

Oh - I almost forgot to mention - DO NOT pursue any form of scar treatment until you've been off of accutane for at least 6 months. I started using mild lactic peels after 4 1/2 months, without any problems, but anything else - microdermabrasion, needling, lasers etc, shouldn't be undergone until at least 6 months - your skin needs time to recover.

Good luck!

Hey John! Your skin looks really good. I'm sure most of the red marks and scars will go away on their own.

BTW, how long have you been on accutane? I forget when you started.

Hey John! Your skin looks really good. I'm sure most of the red marks and scars will go away on their own.

BTW, how long have you been on accutane? I forget when you started.

those are very mild, would bet they dissapear by time. mild ones i had went away too sum like that. i got lots of icepicks too, they don't go away unfortunately. a hole is a hole. you ain't got those. sum time and some peels and your skin is almost perfect. You really don't need lasers or dermbrasions or stuff like that. Wish i had skin like yours sad.gif

firstly you have to wait about 18 months or so before doing anything to your akin after Accutane due to the possiblity of more scarring.

You do look lik eyou have some scars but you`ll be surprised how much these scars can disappear by simply doing nothing.  About 6 months ago i had some scars on my right cheek by my jaw, when i looked in the light i thought OH MY GOD i`m f*cked now.....6 months on these scars have GONE!  seriously, dont even think about touching scars until you have NO ACNE left and you have waited due the Accutane.....when your skin has had a chance to heal it will probably look near perfect.