Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WTBClearSkin

When Can I Expect To See Results?

I started the regimen 4 days ago, so trust me I'm not in any way expecting my skin to clear up immediately, but when should I start seeing improvement?

I'm sure that's different for everyone but does anyone have a general answer that MIGHT apply to me?

Right now, honestly, my skin looks worse than it did but that's because I'm still becoming tolerant of BP which I think is to be expected. (It's red)

Any input is appreciated.

Technically, you are already experiencing results, they just aren't positive yet. When your skin will start clearing up varies from person to person, and what type of acne you have.

Mild Acne - results with in 3-4 weeks

Moderate Acne - results with in 1-2 months

Severe Acne - anywhere from 1-6 months

No one can really predict how your skin is going to react, so don't get bummed if your skin doesn't clear up within the estimated time. You're doing the right thing by being patient, good luck!

Well personally (due to having very mild acne) I have noticed results on day 2. These results are mainly no breakouts that I usually get during the night and my face just looking a little clearer.

Downside is that if I didn't have moisturiser on, I'd look like a snake shedding its skin. I'm hoping this goes away fast!

It's very important to go easy on the BP dosage when starting out. Think of it this way: The Regimen has a 4-week initiation process where you try to get your skin accustomed to benzoyl peroxide until you can tolerate the full 2 pumps (or finger length if you use the tube); that's when you start your actual week 0 and count from there. Once you're up on the full dosage I guarantee you blemishes will be clearing much quicker and new ones will be less severe than what you'd normally get as long as you don't pick on them cool.png

I was on the verge of quitting numerous times because I could not absolutely stand the burning, itching, and scratching I was doing to my face so I took a week off, resumed again but stubbornly put way too much than my face could handle, again, so I took another 1-week break. When I went back again my face could handle 1 and half pumps of BP with minimal itching and burning.

Go apeshit on the moisturiser to reduce the side effects of BP; there is no such thing as too much moisturiser on this regimen. Mixing it with 6 drops of jojoba oil has helped me tremendously and makes my skin feel good.

Wonderful Strawberry has the most realistic answer :) Dan's what to expect chart really is not realistic to look at unless you have very milk acne.

I am on day 26 with severe acne and there is barley any improvement. So just stay patient and follow the regimen exactly :)

Technically, you are already experiencing results, they just aren't positive yet. When your skin will start clearing up varies from person to person, and what type of acne you have.

Mild Acne - results with in 3-4 weeks

Moderate Acne - results with in 1-2 months

Severe Acne - anywhere from 1-6 months

No one can really predict how your skin is going to react, so don't get bummed if your skin doesn't clear up within the estimated time. You're doing the right thing by being patient, good luck!

Thanks. Yeah, that chart that was posted wasn't very helpful. Mostly because I have cystic acne that's pretty severe..and it's not included in the chart from what I could see.

Wonderful Strawberry has the most realistic answer smile.png Dan's what to expect chart really is not realistic to look at unless you have very milk acne.

I am on day 26 with severe acne and there is barley any improvement. So just stay patient and follow the regimen exactly smile.png

I plan to, I was just dying of curiosity to get an idea of when I should or might see results. My acne is so bad now that I can't even tell if it looks better or it's just because of the lighting.

It's very important to go easy on the BP dosage when starting out. Think of it this way: The Regimen has a 4-week initiation process where you try to get your skin accustomed to benzoyl peroxide until you can tolerate the full 2 pumps (or finger length if you use the tube); that's when you start your actual week 0 and count from there. Once you're up on the full dosage I guarantee you blemishes will be clearing much quicker and new ones will be less severe than what you'd normally get as long as you don't pick on them cool.png

I was on the verge of quitting numerous times because I could not absolutely stand the burning, itching, and scratching I was doing to my face so I took a week off, resumed again but stubbornly put way too much than my face could handle, again, so I took another 1-week break. When I went back again my face could handle 1 and half pumps of BP with minimal itching and burning.

Go apeshit on the moisturiser to reduce the side effects of BP; there is no such thing as too much moisturiser on this regimen. Mixing it with 6 drops of jojoba oil has helped me tremendously and makes my skin feel good.

Yes, I'm using the starter dosage and gradually increasing, I'm only on day five now. I need to use more moisturizer because my skin is peeling, I was only using one pump opposed to two because it seemed like way too much but I rechecked the dosage and I'm supposed to use two.

Haha there you go. Use 2 full pumps of moisturiser and ramp it up to 3 if you have to. That stuff dries pretty quickly and doesn't leave an icky feeling on skin.