Notifications
Clear all

Re-Takeing Accutane,let's Kill This Acne.

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 08/06/2012 10:17 am

Well today is my 10th day of sotret.

Initaly I started accutane on 22 June but after 18 days I had to stop for about 2 1/2 weeks because of a severe flare up.

Now here we are again,my flare up is mostly gone , I mean it's not swellen anymore it left really big red marks , and if u put the hand u can still feel the cyst underneeth , but the worse part past I hope.

For the first 7th days i took 20mg daily , now 20mg X2 , and I think for my next mouth I will take 30mg X 2 so that's 60mg daily.Aw yes and I'm taking prednisone daily 20mg.

Argg can't belive 10 days are already gone , time DOES fly after all..

My skin isn't dry , is this normal?No dry skin 10 days into accutane?Dry,bloody,chapped lips but no dry skin ..wierd.

More 1 1/2 mouth until highscool starts , hope I will be better by then..it will be AWFUL to go like this.

That's it for today ,thanks for reading!

MemberMember
(@sonrisafingida)

Posted : 08/06/2012 12:36 pm

now i'm 2 days in front of you

until yesterday my skin was so dry but today no ( maybe it's because of the too hot weather)

good luck on this journey

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 08/07/2012 6:24 am

Yeah it's way to hot outside..

Thanks , you too :)!

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 08/12/2012 12:37 pm

Day 16

-dry hands,lips and face a little.

-acne seems to improve but leaves a lot of PIH behind,hope it fades soon.

-mild nose bleeds.

So yeah not much to say ...hope i see more improvement until 24th September.

The summer is kinda gone:(..

This was the worse summer everrrr

Summer 2012 = Thumbs down!!!

I'll update in a few days from now

Peace out.

MemberMember
(@sonrisafingida)

Posted : 08/14/2012 7:04 am

why 24Sept?

i've never had nose bleeds :( and i hope i will not have on this accutanejourney

will you have another IB if you started again?

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 08/14/2012 10:14 am

Because that's when school starts , for me I mean haha .

I never go the first 2 weeks at school since like 5th grade or so ..because it's just non-sense, were doin' nothing:|

Day 18

I'm breaking really bad around my chin but everything is dry so I think it should be gone in the comeing days..

My cheeks have a lot of PIH..hope it fades soon

-Dry hands.

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 08/17/2012 11:28 am

So i've been to my dermatollogist and he told me with smile face when he saw my dryness and he said that dryness is the first to apeear and things will be going well from now on as he take me off the prednisone he said we can do another course if there will be needed because it's too much for now (1 mouth).

Next week I got my blood test hope everything will be okay so there won't be needed of reduceing the dose or something..

Things have been going well ,everything is drying and it's kind of nice , when I wake up, in the morning and I look in the mirror it dosen't breake..haha no what I'm sayin is that I used to go to sleep with less acne and wake up with more , now I wake up and less acne everyday..

My dermatologist told my that I should not be doing anymore cardio workout as sweat could aggrave acne in some casees and I should wait a mouth and then try do cardio and see if it's aggravating..whatever he is the best so I trust his instincts

MemberMember
(@spots_go_away)

Posted : 08/18/2012 8:22 am

tbh nothing is going to stop an initial breakout.. stopping cardio seems a bit extreme to attempt to avoid the IB. Just soldier on, if the acne gets worse it will only be temporary, just know that you will be 100% clear in 3 months or so and keep taking your pills!

MemberMember
(@heather135)

Posted : 08/18/2012 2:14 pm

So i've been to my dermatollogist and he told me with smile face when he saw my dryness and he said that dryness is the first to apeear and things will be going well from now on as he take me off the prednisone he said we can do another course if there will be needed because it's too much for now (1 mouth).

Next week I got my blood test hope everything will be okay so there won't be needed of reduceing the dose or something..

Things have been going well ,everything is drying and it's kind of nice , when I wake up, in the morning and I look in the mirror it dosen't breake..haha no what I'm sayin is that I used to go to sleep with less acne and wake up with more , now I wake up and less acne everyday..

My dermatologist told my that I should not be doing anymore cardio workout as sweat could aggrave acne in some casees and I should wait a mouth and then try do cardio and see if it's aggravating..whatever he is the best so I trust his instincts

awww it's great to read some positive news from you :) really glad things are finally improving for you, your a trooper!

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 08/19/2012 2:10 am

tbh nothing is going to stop an initial breakout.. stopping cardio seems a bit extreme to attempt to avoid the IB. Just soldier on, if the acne gets worse it will only be temporary, just know that you will be 100% clear in 3 months or so and keep taking your pills!

Nono , I had my IB already ,worse IB ever , there is no way to avoid the IB that's right , I took prednisone to make the flare-ups less inflamate and decrease the chase of scarring , but you can't avoid an IB.

My derm told me to stop cardio because I think the IB is end and now my acne should just get better and better ,but my derm though that if I keep doing cardio my acne will keep getting worse because of the sweat .

awww it's great to read some positive news from you smile.png really glad things are finally improving for you, your a trooper!

Your so kind , thanks!

How is it going on your side ?I see you get bumbed to 70 mg .. u must be breaking out right now hehe . I don't think my derm is goanna up my dosage:( Derms in europe are very careful..any advice how to make him up my dosage?:)

MemberMember
(@heather135)

Posted : 08/19/2012 7:47 am

Nono , I had my IB already ,worse IB ever , there is no way to avoid the IB that's right , I took prednisone to make the flare-ups less inflamate and decrease the chase of scarring , but you can't avoid an IB.

My derm told me to stop cardio because I think the IB is end and now my acne should just get better and better ,but my derm though that if I keep doing cardio my acne will keep getting worse because of the sweat .

awww it's great to read some positive news from you smile.png really glad things are finally improving for you, your a trooper!

Your so kind , thanks!

How is it going on your side ?I see you get bumbed to 70 mg .. u must be breaking out right now hehe . I don't think my derm is goanna up my dosage:( Derms in europe are very careful..any advice how to make him up my dosage?smile.png

Yeah it's going OK! Since my dosage has been bumped up the side effects have increased somewhat but nothing too scary. I get a sore back when I go to lie down at night and my face is reder and dryer but I'm just glad to have the dosage increase so I get the good results quicker! I got bumped up by my derm because I hasn't experienced many side effects so just say that to your derm. He's probably a bit wary because you did have such a bad IB but if you feel your now coping then just tell him that :) Yeah haha I've broke out a bit more recently but nothing I can't handle, I've had alot worse in the past! I live in the UK (Scotland) and they don't seem as paranoid as what people from other countires have described. Strange how it varies from country to country! Do you have to do the iPledge thing?

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 08/19/2012 9:14 am

Your so kind , thanks!

How is it going on your side ?I see you get bumbed to 70 mg .. u must be breaking out right now hehe . I don't think my derm is goanna up my dosage:( Derms in europe are very careful..any advice how to make him up my dosage?smile.png

Yeah it's going OK! Since my dosage has been bumped up the side effects have increased somewhat but nothing too scary. I get a sore back when I go to lie down at night and my face is reder and dryer but I'm just glad to have the dosage increase so I get the good results quicker! I got bumped up by my derm because I hasn't experienced many side effects so just say that to your derm. He's probably a bit wary because you did have such a bad IB but if you feel your now coping then just tell him that smile.png Yeah haha I've broke out a bit more recently but nothing I can't handle, I've had alot worse in the past! I live in the UK (Scotland) and they don't seem as paranoid as what people from other countires have described. Strange how it varies from country to country! Do you have to do the iPledge thing?

No iPledge here , after I took my blood test and it was OK my derm gave me the prescription for accutane.

I did my blood test on Tuesday and on Friday I took my first pill , things are going faster here hehe..

Yeah I'm kinda afraid to tell my derm that I don't want him to say something like " Whos the doctor here kid ?" or something ..xD

I'm on 0.6mg/kg/day :( .. I want 1mg/kg/day..Dunno if he is goanna give it to me

MemberMember
(@heather135)

Posted : 08/19/2012 12:35 pm

Your so kind , thanks!

Yeah it's going OK! Since my dosage has been bumped up the side effects have increased somewhat but nothing too scary. I get a sore back when I go to lie down at night and my face is reder and dryer but I'm just glad to have the dosage increase so I get the good results quicker! I got bumped up by my derm because I hasn't experienced many side effects so just say that to your derm. He's probably a bit wary because you did have such a bad IB but if you feel your now coping then just tell him that smile.png Yeah haha I've broke out a bit more recently but nothing I can't handle, I've had alot worse in the past! I live in the UK (Scotland) and they don't seem as paranoid as what people from other countires have described. Strange how it varies from country to country! Do you have to do the iPledge thing?

No iPledge here , after I took my blood test and it was OK my derm gave me the prescription for accutane.

I did my blood test on Tuesday and on Friday I took my first pill , things are going faster here hehe..

Yeah I'm kinda afraid to tell my derm that I don't want him to say something like " Whos the doctor here kid ?" or something ..xD

I'm on 0.6mg/kg/day sad.png .. I want 1mg/kg/day..Dunno if he is goanna give it to me

Yeah we don't have to do iPledge either, thank god! It sounds very annoying. I got my pills the same day I went to the derm, which I was pleasntly suprised about.

Don't worry about what the derm says, just say you would quite like to be bumped up because you're not experiencing side effects. He has no reason not to if you're handling it Ok. When do you go back to your derm?

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 08/19/2012 12:54 pm

In 4 days(When I do my bloodtest),yes that is what I'm sayin..

Oh I hope he will bump me..if he dosen't what should I do?

MemberMember
(@kault34gmail-com)

Posted : 08/19/2012 11:20 pm

I wouldn't be too concerned about him bumping you or not; people on low dose courses often see results nearly, if not just, as quickly, they just need their courses to last longer so to have a reasonable cumulative dose. With that said, I think you're a perfectly good candidate for a bumped dose, seeing as your side-effects don't sound to be problematic and you've had your IB.

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 08/20/2012 12:46 am

I wouldn't be too concerned about him bumping you or not; people on low dose courses often see results nearly, if not just, as quickly, they just need their courses to last longer so to have a reasonable cumulative dose. With that said, I think you're a perfectly good candidate for a bumped dose, seeing as your side-effects don't sound to be problematic and you've had your IB.

This helps a lot,thnaks!

I will comunicate that to my dermatologist and see how he response if he'll say "NO!" I won't insist if he'll say :"I don't know.." I will insist haha

but it's good to know that I will see result almost as a high dose or normal dose in your country..

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 08/26/2012 1:15 pm

One mouth down , god damn the time does fly

So good people , I don't know what's up with my skin , one mouth ago I had a lot of nodules on my cheeks, now after 1 mouth of prednisone or so , they are all gone , but they somehow entered my skin , like nodules under the skin , and they left a lot of PIH behing , or I don't know if that's PIH or it's just redness..But what about now , what are they doing in my skin ? Will they flare up again?

Because now my skin is so smooth, if the redness (PIH perhaps) was gone my skin would be nearly perfect no kidding , 90% of my ance is GONE , and I really don't know how, but I'm kinda happy , I'm just concern I don't want that nodules to flare up again ?How much time will they stay there ?When the redness will be gone?:(

MemberMember
(@kault34gmail-com)

Posted : 08/29/2012 2:37 am

So good people , I don't know what's up with my skin , one mouth ago I had a lot of nodules on my cheeks, now after 1 mouth of prednisone or so , they are all gone , but they somehow entered my skin , like nodules under the skin , and they left a lot of PIH behing , or I don't know if that's PIH or it's just redness..But what about now , what are they doing in my skin ? Will they flare up again?

Because now my skin is so smooth, if the redness (PIH perhaps) was gone my skin would be nearly perfect no kidding , 90% of my ance is GONE , and I really don't know how, but I'm kinda happy , I'm just concern I don't want that nodules to flare up again ?How much time will they stay there ?When the redness will be gone?sad.png

I'm a lot like you; tons of my acne has cleared, but my skin still looks awful because of red marks. They may fade in a matter of weeks, but they could take a very long time (assuming you don't do anything cosmetic). If I had to guess, I'd think at least some of it is PIH, because the cheeks are very prone to it.

I don't really know what to say about the nodules, can't really relate to that. If they're there and they're acne, Accutane is most likely going to force them up. So, fair warning... your cheeks might erupt, but it's of course for the better.

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 09/04/2012 10:01 am

Because now my skin is so smooth, if the redness (PIH perhaps) was gone my skin would be nearly perfect no kidding , 90% of my ance is GONE , and I really don't know how, but I'm kinda happy , I'm just concern I don't want that nodules to flare up again ?How much time will they stay there ?When the redness will be gone?sad.png

I'm a lot like you; tons of my acne has cleared, but my skin still looks awful because of red marks. They may fade in a matter of weeks, but they could take a very long time (assuming you don't do anything cosmetic). If I had to guess, I'd think at least some of it is PIH, because the cheeks are very prone to it.

I don't really know what to say about the nodules, can't really relate to that. If they're there and they're acne, Accutane is most likely going to force them up. So, fair warning... your cheeks might erupt, but it's of course for the better.

My cheeks didn't erupt idk..my derm said that they will only dissapear in some time , they are not my consern, but if they are there , the redness won't fade away, first they need to go , so the redness can start the healing procces..

So .. I don't know what day is it and I'm way to lazy to check it

My red marks are killing me , I mean you know you touch you're face , you feel nothing(exept only if I push I can feel the cyst underneeath),but when you look in the mirror you see the same face again ,like acne isn't enough it has to leave marks behing..it's like a curse..

Hope it won't take long..Peace out!

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 09/10/2012 6:10 am

Day 45 report.

Hello folks, I got like 5-6 actives left and they are drying , but as you know not the acne is my problem now , the red marks are, good news because they started to fade , I can see improvment everyday so yeah I guess is good.

Bad news are that I buy a new phone and I just keep download application and games like a RETARD and this morring they call me from the company telling me that I have to pay a billl 600$ WORTH , MY MOTHER IS GOING TO KILL ME FOR GOOD , if I don't write anymore is because my mother killed me :|

MemberMember
(@sonrisafingida)

Posted : 09/10/2012 6:14 am

i'm glad your face is better already

and about your phone OMGGG weren't they free? good luck with your mom

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 09/10/2012 12:58 pm

i'm glad your face is better already

and about your phone OMGGG weren't they free? good luck with your mom

Yep they are free but I have only 200 MB internet from Orange , and when you dowload more than 200 MB you pay for it , and I downloaded like 800-900 MB , God what a stupid I am , now no fucking laptop for me ARGGGG X(

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 09/26/2012 1:23 am

Day 63 report.

Long time no update , I think I didn't update because everything was the same , but I notice that my red marks are fadeing really nice , I have read a lot of post about accutane and red marks , and they say accutane slows up the healing procces and my red marks will fade slowly while on the durg and I was really dissapointed but I notice everyday that my red marks look better and I see more replacement everyday, how is that possible?Accutane does not seem to slow down the progress , is that even possible?

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 09/27/2012 1:48 am

hey andrew, you still taking the antibiotics?

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 02/03/2013 9:27 am

hey andrew, you still taking the antibiotics?

Accutane not antibiotics.Yeah am still takin accutane.

Wow, I haven't post here for a while now.

Probably because I don't have much to report,face is still acne free for the post part , I still have some small shits without head on my cheeks but they are not very visible.My main PROBLEM are the red marks now,I'm using Differin 0.1% and AHA 8% , when I use aha I don't use Differin and otherway.

I use them everyday for about a month now,my red marks seem to fade but they are still extremly visible.When I'll be off tane I'll be using AHA 8% in the morring and Differin in the evening on a daily basis and 2 weeks post accutane I will do my first V-Beam laser .

I heard a lot of great things about it, all the doctors on realself reccomend it for anything red on your face and I love the price too ,I mean I can't say it's that cheap but in Germany or mabye even in USA I heard the price it's about 350$ per session ( full face ) , here it's only about 140-150$.

After reading some blogs about it , they said they needed a cople of session to get maximum result (3-5).

Anyways , if you got problem with redness I defenetly reccoend you look into this.

If you have any questions , ill be around.