Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kittyparitty

Hesitant About The Regimen..

So, I'm thinking about doing the regimen, because I have moderate ,yet persistent acne. My only draw-back, is that I've seen comments about how your skin starts to "depend" on the treatment. Will I have to use this treatment even after my acne is gone? I'm worried that I will have to religiously dedicate 20 minutes every morning and every night for possibly years to maintain clear skin. Is there a way to slowly lower your dosage of the benzoyl peroxide? Is it worth it? Thanks!

I've only been on the regimen for 2 and a half months, but I've been reading A LOT of forums and it seems that most people are able to lessen the amount of bp that they use to only once a day, and they don't even need to use the whole 2 pumps. Also, I've read on here somewhere that some people grow out of acne and so they stopped using it and it hasn't returned. In my opinion, I would really rather spend 20 minutes twice a day putting on this regimen than deal with acne but I do understand where you are coming from. I'm sorry if I couldn't give you the answer you were looking for but I really do wish you all the best in whatever you decide to do. :)

Trust me, prepping for The Regimen every night and day and powering through the side effects of BP is a drop in the ocean compared to the clear skin you will eventually get. I gained a tremendous amount of confidence when I started clearing up and whenever I pat my skin my brain finds it hard to believe that it can only feels smoothness where ugly bumps used to reside cool.png

The journey will be complete hell when you start, you WILL think about quitting many times. Stick with it and crank up your use of the moisturiser or take a few days break from The Regimen if the side effects become too unbearable.

Edited by darthrevan

This is a regimen, not a one-time treatment. I use it and it works, so I keep using it and it keeps working. It's easy to use, cost-effective, and most importantly keeps my skin clear. Why would I want to stop using something that is so effective?

The time constraint issue is just bizarre to me. It takes me 10 minutes to do the regimen, and it's not as though I'm just standing stationary in front of a mirror the entire time. I wash my face in the shower, apply BP once I get out, then just go about my business until I'm ready to apply my moisturizer. Maybe it's because I'm a girl and have been washing and moisturizing my face twice a day since I was 12, and if I wasn't using DKR, I'd be using something similar.

I guess it just depends on how you choose to look at the regimen. It doesn't have to feel like such a daunting task if you don't want it to.

And secondly, the journey is not complete hell at the beginning for everyone. It wasn't for me. I experienced a little dryness and irritation when starting the regimen, most of which subsided within a week or two. And I know lots of people here had considerable irritation, discomfort, and new breakouts when starting the regimen, but if people had told me that this regimen is complete hell, I would not have tried the regimen five years ago.