Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
simon17777

Lustra caused blackheads

I have been applying Lustra 4% hydroquinone for almost 2 weeks. The red marks had faded very slightly.

However, I am getting a lot more small little blackheads all over my cheeks.

There were hundreds of them.

I think the glycolic acid and both vitamin C and vitamin E in Lustra is the cause of these blackheads.

Does anyone else have the same problem?

Are you sure they are blackheads? What other products have you recently started using?

Contains sodium metabisulfite, which can cause allergic-type reactions in certain susceptible people. The overall prevalence of sulfite sensitivity in the general population is low. Sulfite sensitivity is seen more frequently in asthmatic people.

It is suggested that you test for skin sensitivity before using by applying a small amount to an unbroken patch of skin; check in 24 hours. Minor redness is not an indication, but where there is itching or excessive inflammatory response further treatment is not advised.

http://www.anagen.net/lustra.htm

I've been using only Lustra.

They look like tiny blocked pores. I have to look up close in order to see them.

I don't even know what those are.

i'm having the same problem. What i have are tiny "bubbles" the size of a blackhead i guess, hard to see them. I think the best thing is not to touch them or squeeze em', just continue to cleanse your face with warm water, and i splach cold water at the end to close the pores.

Guest Tracy

This is the main reason why I am apprehensive about using a 4% hydroquinone cream. I think if I do decide to bump up my hydroquinone usage from 2 to 4%, I'm gonna go with a gel based product in the hopes that I won't breakout from it. I just don't like using cream-based products on my face. I don't think they're good for acne-prone skin.

Here's a gel based hydroquinone product that I was interested in but haven't purchased yet.

user posted image

Ultraquin Gel

Contains 4% hydroquinone USP in a water-washable emollient, preferable for oily skin. Also contains sunblock.