Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Daniel0202

Sun Tan Bed Or Real Sun For Marks?

Hello! I'm going on vacation with my GF to greece in 10 days.

I'm considering to take some tan bed before I go to get some basis colour.

But should I wait with the face until I arrive in greece?

Is the sun tan bed different from real sun except that sun tan bed is stronger?

What is better for my marks?

Regards,

Daniel.

tanning will make your marks darker/last longer. at least, that's what people say and i would rather not take the risk. so, try to apply high spf sunscreen on your face or around your marks

tanning will make your marks darker/last longer. at least, that's what people say and i would rather not take the risk. so, try to apply high spf sunscreen on your face or around your marks

Hmm, but I mean... It's pretty easy to also get high SPF on other places than just the marks? That will look kind of creepy won't it?

I think we only have 50+ SPF here in Norway, not over that... will that be enough to try to hit those marks?

i'm sure it is, but be sure to reapply often cause i usually sweat off a lot of my sunscreen.

Hmm...I've always heard that the sun/tanning makes marks worse and last longer but that has never been my experience. Acne has always left me with red marks all over that would last foreverrrrr, except when I got a tan. Even when the tan faded the marks were gone and it was like starting all over again with a fresh face. Personally for me, tanning beds do absolutely nothing except burn the tip of my nose. I prefer the real sun. And yeah yeah yeah, ppl are going to have their opinions and say it's terrible, but at least it was some sort of relief. Good luck.

Hmm...I've always heard that the sun/tanning makes marks worse and last longer but that has never been my experience. Acne has always left me with red marks all over that would last foreverrrrr, except when I got a tan. Even when the tan faded the marks were gone and it was like starting all over again with a fresh face. Personally for me, tanning beds do absolutely nothing except burn the tip of my nose. I prefer the real sun. And yeah yeah yeah, ppl are going to have their opinions and say it's terrible, but at least it was some sort of relief. Good luck.

wow, awesome! I hope my red marks also fades when I get a tan!

But I might take some tanning bed though... i'd like to be a little tan when i arrive to greece smile.png

But do you still think tanning bed have the same effect as the sun (as fading your red marks)?

Cheers

Edited by Daniel0202

But I might take some tanning bed though... i'd like to be a little tan when i arrive to greece smile.png

But do you still think tanning bed have the same effect as the sun (as fading your red marks)?

Cheers

Hey there. For me, the tanning bed had no effect at all on fading my red marks, but that's just me. You could perhaps have great results. And worst case scenario, you get a little color before heading to Greece. I hope it works. Have an amazing time. :)

Cheers

Hey there. For me, the tanning bed had no effect at all on fading my red marks, but that's just me. You could perhaps have great results. And worst case scenario, you get a little color before heading to Greece. I hope it works. Have an amazing time. smile.png

So you tried tanning bed before getting a tan from the real sun?

So after you tried the tanning bed, how long did it go before you got a tan from the real sun and the red marks actually faded?

Yes I tried the tanning bed before the real sun. I used to live in Central New York where it's winter for 5 months of the year, so the real sun is kind of out of the question for tanning. I would try tanning beds for my red marks, but they did absolutely nothing for me. I moved to Florida 6 months ago. I would go to the beach pretty frequently and ended up with a nice tan and no more red marks after about a week....that was also while using a nice tanning lotion on my face. I don't go to the beach that often anymore, so my marks are back. :(

Remember to use some sort of tanning/sun screen. You don't want to end up with a painful sunburn.

Yes I tried the tanning bed before the real sun. I used to live in Central New York where it's winter for 5 months of the year, so the real sun is kind of out of the question for tanning. I would try tanning beds for my red marks, but they did absolutely nothing for me. I moved to Florida 6 months ago. I would go to the beach pretty frequently and ended up with a nice tan and no more red marks after about a week....that was also while using a nice tanning lotion on my face. I don't go to the beach that often anymore, so my marks are back. sad.png

Remember to use some sort of tanning/sun screen. You don't want to end up with a painful sunburn.

I see! so sorry to hear that the marks are back! good luck and hope they will fade :)

Cheers