Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Zitro

I am picking and I can't stop!?

Guest Zitro

I don't know why but I started extracting the blackheads in my face, my shoulders, and I touch the acne under my chin causing 2 cysts.

This is destroying my confidence and I'm supposed to cure myself of acne, not exacerbate it! I don't know why I started again to pick. I stopped a long time ago.

Yesterday, I met a pretty girl who I'm sure she likes me and made me very happy because she appeared at the right moment and illuminated my heart. Anyways, I have some red spots on my cheeks that were caused by picking and my chin is a little red and has something like a nodule that is freaking me out (I did not touch that area, so it's not my fault). that thing + the red spots make me look less atractive and I'm afraid to see her now.

Can you give me somehints and advice (you can be harsh) on how to stop this madness? I know doing that is idiotic, I have no idea why I am doing this because I don't like doing it ; It gives no pleasure, only pain.

I am going to see my "comedome extractor" on satursday and see if she can remove the "ball" on my chin.

Guest Captain Chaos

Please stop, it will just make your face look really angry and make your acne worse...

Just try not to look in the mirror, take up smoking or something and when u feel the need to pick have a cigarette...(some people may argue this is bad advice, and it probably is, but it will stop you picking)

Guest Zitro

I've read some posts in the past and realized it is a common problem

thanks, but don't worry. I just stopped picking after starting this thread and look much better today. Besides that nodule is fading. Sorry, I will never smoke a cigarette in my life.

Why do people pick? I don't even understand it myself! It is the antagonist of an acne cure.

I believe a good advice is using a stress ball (I don't know how it's called in english), pickers will sometimes find themselves "pinching" the ball instead of squeezing it on some occasions. I used it yesterday and today.

Guest >:(
I've read some posts in the past and realized it is a common problem

thanks, but don't worry. I just stopped picking after starting this thread and look much better today. Besides that nodule is fading. Sorry, I will never smoke a cigarette in my life.

Why do people pick? I don't even understand it myself! It is the antagonist of an acne cure.

I believe a good advice is using a stress ball (I don't know how it's called in english), pickers will sometimes find themselves "pinching" the ball instead of squeezing it on some occasions. I used it yesterday and today.

Instead of picking your face try washing your hands every few minutes.