Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been thinking alot about how my face looks now and how it would look if i had completely flawless smooth even toned skin. I often think that having flawless skin would be a god send. No unusual bumps or blemishes or zits. However it occured to me that my face would look rather boring without any kind of markings/blemishes/little bumps/moles embellishing it. My face would just look plain and dull right? Im not sure if im thinking this way just to lift my spirits and stroll on, i do think it is an interesting look on the whole perspective though.

I would like to know if any of u other guys have thought this way?

I kinda feel the same way. Once my face heals and my face doesn't get red anymore. I'm not gonna go try to get rid of my acne scars. Cause' I think it gives it character. Like this people would say that you have character. My boyfriend has scars. And I think he looks great with them. I tried to imagine if he didn't have any. I think it would of make him a shallow guy. But, he has scars. I love his scars. It gives him a mature look that he battle with acne and he manage to counquer it.

Nice insight, scars and imperfections can make a person seem stronger, and more attractive. Im really on a neutral back and forth swing on this. If i feel my face would look boring perfect, then why do i stress so much about every imperfection i have? I really really just want to relax and just not care for at least 6 months. Would be nice!

That's a good way to look at it. If it doesn't bother you to have scars than it just means you've come out of it stronger and better able to cope.

I don't get scars but I do get redmarks(I'm finally clear now). However,after the psychological toll it has taken on me, I don't want to be reminded of that stage in my life ever again. It hasn't made me stronger either, it's screwed with my mind so much that I was a different person with acne(not in a good way either).

That's a good way to look at it. If it doesn't bother you to have scars than it just means you've come out of it stronger and better able to cope.

I don't get scars but I do get redmarks(I'm finally clear now). However,after the psychological toll it has taken on me, I don't want to be reminded of that stage in my life ever again. It hasn't made me stronger either, it's screwed with my mind so much that I was a different person with acne(not in a good way either).

what the fuck are you talking about? you're happy w/scars? lol go find someone with half their face burned and tell them you'd rather switch places with them and see what they say....fucking idiot....

what the fuck are you talking about? you're happy w/scars? lol go find someone with half their face burned and tell them you'd rather switch places with them and see what they say....fucking idiot....

Guest Captain Chaos

I think you're right, imperfections definetely add character, whether it's a beard, a bit of acne, shaving rash, or a scar....makes you seem more 'rugged' and believe it or not some girls like that...

Seeing as I'm a girl, and girls are expected to look perfect ( eusa_wall.gif ) I don't feel like acne adds character...only ugliness. XD Most people I know tell me I'm beautiful anyway, but I can't honestly feel beautiful when I have these spots all over. Ick! Though I don't care if my bf has acne or not...my current bf has like none but he used to have it before accutane, apparently, and it just makes me feel all frustrated that he cured his and I still haven't XD But I'm not jealous! Realy!.....

For some reason acne on girls is so much more noticeable than the same amount on guys. And it sucks.

Facial hair is an imperfection? Isn't that one of the traits that seperate the males from the females?

If i had a clear face id be so happy , id never have problems with my parents i could acutally pay attention in class, id prob have a good amount of friends and id prob get a few girls 2, but i feel like that will never happen.

My girlfriend complains sometimes that her face is too clear and looks boring.. and that she wants to get a zit so it wont be so plain. I guess I understand that.. although Im a person who strives for perfection, so I do want my face to be perfectly clear. When I have all my makeup on and my skin looks perfect.. I never look at myself and wish I had a zit.. I just look at myself and am amazed at how much better I look then when my skin's naked.

My girlfriend complains sometimes that her face is too clear and looks boring.. and that she wants to get a zit so it wont be so plain. I guess I understand that.. although Im a person who strives for perfection, so I do want my face to be perfectly clear. When I have all my makeup on and my skin looks perfect.. I never look at myself and wish I had a zit.. I just look at myself and am amazed at how much better I look then when my skin's naked.

I'm old, and I have been dealing with acne on and off but mostly on for over 30 years.Call me shallow but I don't like acne on my face or body.All the time and money I have spent, and the anguish when a big cyst invades my life for months at a time, maybe it taught me a valuable life lesson. I know it made my derms and cosmetic companies rich. But,we live in an airbrushed society, and I alone am not going to change it. I was working on fact finding panel at my job, and this HR director asked, "Do you think appearance matters?" The people on the panel gave the PC response...Personality and character matter more than looks.It gets to me, and I shocked everyone by saying "Of course, appearance matters. People judge you on it everyday.Whether or not they should is a different question." Wow do I have some pent up aggression here... I like me inside but I don't think it is wrong to want to spend less time, funds, and worry on my skin. Thank you for reading, The Apple.

lol.gif Good way to point it out.

But, I think your girlfriend sounds kinda shallow... Don't want to sound like bitch but, that's how I see it.

"Oh my, face is too perfect." please god give me a zit." 

I mean she sounds like she's showing off...

Sorry...that's how I notice it. neutral.gif