Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zchmrkenhoff

Caveman Regimen Breaking Out

So after not being completely satisfied with the water-only regimen, I have since scaled back to the caveman regimen as much as possible; however, I'm still shaving normally though only use water to rinse it off. At any rate, the portion of my face that doesn't receive shaving, i.e. from the cheeks up, is completely in the midst of the dead skin layer phase; good God, the eyebrows. They become almost completely white from so much as moving my forehead, and I'm breaking out everywhere. Is this going to stop? I'm almost religiously not touching my face yet somehow I'm breaking out, and the dead skin is becoming quite unmanagable. I'd been doing the water-only regimen for a good three months now, and have since translated into doing the caveman regimen within the past two weeks. Only in this second week have things gotten bad.

Edited by zchmrkenhoff

Not good. Get some sugar and some water, make a little paste, and LIGHTLY scrub your face to get rid of all the dead skin. Exfoliation is a MUST. It's the most important part of skin care.

No. I'm, I'm not doing too well right now, but I'm going to see it through. I don't touch my face, so it's doing this to itself. If it has done it to itself, it will resolve its own issue. I will suffer meanwhile and try not to look at it..

I think you might still need to do a facial mask or exfoliate once a week. I did water-only regimen and it cleared me up, however, if I don't scrub my face off dead skins once in a while it becmes all rough and ...just not nice to the touch.

I would say stick it out a while longer. I did the caveman for 45 days in the beginning of this summer and liked the results. However, it's going to take time and your skin will go through good and bad phases.

I respect your determination and the thinking behind this approach...to be gentle with the skin, keep it simple, to stop interfering with and enable it's natural processes. If that's your methodology then I agree, but perhaps there's a less extreme and more comfortable 'midway' approach that allows for all this but still cleans the skin, without stripping it or irritating it. Using a gentle cream cleanser perhaps, that you could make with just water, oil, glycerin? And to exfoliate non-chemically with a wash cloth once a week? I dunno, I don't mean to busy-body, I'd just hate to think of someone going through all this discomfort when they don't need to.

Either way, good luck with the regime and keep us posted. If you do decide to scale back the regimen and incorporate products again, stay true to the core philosophy of the caveman method, that less is more. I think you're onto something there.