Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GFoed020

Pimple That Won't Come To A Head, Yet Doesn't Hurt At All

I'm a successful user of the Regimen, and have been doing really well for the last 3 years.

I'm posting because I have this stubborn pimple. I left it alone for the first week (it never came to a head) and then I made the mistake of trying to pop it last night. Keep in mind, it doesn't hurt at all.

After a failed attempt at popping it, I put a warm compress on it for a little while, trying to bring it to a head. Then I did the regimen like usual, and applied some of Proactiv's Refining Mask before bed. Little did I know that the refining mask expired last June haha.

I woke up this morning and while the bump didn't seem to be as big, it was A LOT more red. I'd really like it to be gone by this weekend. Any suggestions?

The 'pimple' that you tried to pop was actually what you call a papule. A papule is basically an inflamed part of the skin that won't grow a head. They don't contain any puss either. Popping papules is a very bad thing to do because it will most likely spread its bacteria, which in turn can lead to more papules. Another reason not to pop papules is that it more than not leads to scarring. As there is no pus to pop, you're just damaging your skin.

Now that you have popped your pastule there isn't much you can do to get rid of it. You should be happy if you don't get another one. What is certain is that it will remain red for a couple of days. You've irritated the skin more than it already was. So the best course of action would be to just leave it alonee and maybe put on sudocreme or something of that nature. Although I'd personally leave it alone.

Edited by Buttsoup

I had the same thing happen to me a couple of nights ago, on my forehead. The mistake I did was by steaming the area AND applying a warm compress plus applying olive oil and then trying to pop the pimple :/ Did too many things in desperation at once, and I ended up making it red and angry.

That night, I soaked a cotton ball with a few drops of lime juice, applied it on the spot, waited a bit till it's dry. Then rubbed my vitamin-e moisturizer/night cream on the area (with a cotton ball again), went to bed and woke up and there was barely any traces of it in the morning!

I heard that lime juice helps with redness for some people, I hope it works for you. good luck!

Well I left it alone like everyone suggested and just did the Regimen as usual.

It's a little less red today, and it looks like the skin is starting to flake/peel over the pimple. That's a good sign, right?

I'd say that's a good sign. It seems like your body is trying to get rid of it on its own, which is what you want. I hope that the redness will subside by the weekend. Goodluck!