Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Im 17 years old and am dealing with hyperpigmentation red marks. Dark marks. And actual acne all over my face. Every time I look in a mirror I feel pretty low and have no motivation to do anything. I never go out anymore cause I'm too embarrassed. This past week I was at my lowest point at work and was sent home early. As I was driving during rain and slick roads my car hydroplaned and spun into a concrete wall. I didn't hit anybody and I was perfectly fine. My car suffered some damage but fixable. When I got home I saw this incident as a message from God That yeah I may have this awful thing with my face but I'm still alive and I should thank god for every minute.

Edited by FLgators22

I am so glad to hear you are okay! Perspective is nice to have, although it can be a real struggle for people with acne. We've probably all been there, that is why we are here. ;) There is a fine line between gaining perspective and belittling others' problems. But in your case, I hope that incident ultimately helped you on your way to becoming the person you have been all along. =)