Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Early this year I have been getting acne on my scalp. Especially when I'm on my period. And I've notice I don't get alot of acne on my face. Just a couple of breakouts. Does anyone have the same problem?

Is very annoying...but, is not severe. It's just hurts. I just want to know if there's a shampoo I could use for my scalp. But, I could buy in a drug store?

Nizoral shampoo is a good one (good for dandruff and acne on scalp), but it's only available by prescription...not sure of any over the counter ones.

I've had good luck with Neutrogena T/Gel Shampoo and scalp acne. It's active ingredient is 0.5% coal tar. It fixes a bunch of other scalp issues as well, for example dandruff.

Neutrogena also makes S/Gel shampoo, with salicylic acid in it.

You could apply BP to your scalp, basically whatever you use on your face, use it on your scalp.

Nizoral shampoo is a good one (good for dandruff and acne on scalp), but it's only available by prescription...not sure of any over the counter ones.

They have over the counter Nizoral now. I just bought some like 2 weeks ago. I wonder if there is a connection between acne and dandruff... hmmm eusa_think.gif