Saw Palmetto And Mi...

Notifications
Clear all

Saw Palmetto And Milk Thistle

MemberMember
(@melba666)

Posted : 07/30/2012 11:02 am

Hi, I just wanted to share my experience. I am 45 years old and have suffered from mild to moderate acne my entire life. My skin has always been very oily, and at times super oily. It is so frustrating! I remember having outbreaks of extremeley oily skin when I was pregnant, and recently it has started happening again--perhaps related to perimenopause. I also developed seborrheic dermititis around my nose. I tried a number of different things, including different cleansers and shampoos and some things helped with the dermititis but not for my persistently oily skin. Recently I read something about Saw Palmetto and Milk Thistle, and how these might help hormonal acne. I started taking both and the oiliness of my skin has been reduced dramatically and therefore my dermititis is much better, as is my acne. And, it took less than a week before I started noticing a difference.

FYI, I am taking Nature's Bounty Saw Palmetto, Natural Whole Herb, 450 mg, 1 capsule 3x a day with food.

I am taking Nature's Bounty Milk Thistle, Standardized Extract, 175 mg, 1 capsure 3x day with food.

YAY!!

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 07/30/2012 12:40 pm

Saw Palmetto is an anti-androgen and Milk Thistle helps the liver. Both have the potential to help acne internally. Glad it's working for you!

MemberMember
(@dantheman1014)

Posted : 08/14/2012 7:31 pm

Nice! Yeah, I've used Saw Palmetto in the past and saw that it did decrease my testosterone levels.

MemberMember
(@pugrocker)

Posted : 08/15/2012 11:03 pm

Nice! Yeah, I've used Saw Palmetto in the past and saw that it did decrease my testosterone levels.

How many mg of Saw Palmetto are you taking and how many times a day.I might just have to try it cause I cant take antibiotics forever. Thanks! eusa_think.gifneutral.gifsurprised.gif

MemberMember
(@dc-girl-3)

Posted : 11/24/2012 11:03 am

How many mg of Saw Palmetto are you taking and how many times a day.I might just have to try it cause I cant take antibiotics forever. Thanks! eusa_think.gifneutral.gifsurprised.gif

If you're asking the OP, she says it in her post:

Hi, I just wanted to share my experience. I am 45 years old and have suffered from mild to moderate acne my entire life. My skin has always been very oily, and at times super oily. It is so frustrating! I remember having outbreaks of extremeley oily skin when I was pregnant, and recently it has started happening again--perhaps related to perimenopause. I also developed seborrheic dermititis around my nose. I tried a number of different things, including different cleansers and shampoos and some things helped with the dermititis but not for my persistently oily skin. Recently I read something about Saw Palmetto and Milk Thistle, and how these might help hormonal acne. I started taking both and the oiliness of my skin has been reduced dramatically and therefore my dermititis is much better, as is my acne. And, it took less than a week before I started noticing a difference.

FYI, I am taking Nature's Bounty Saw Palmetto, Natural Whole Herb, 450 mg, 1 capsule 3x a day with food.

I am taking Nature's Bounty Milk Thistle, Standardized Extract, 175 mg, 1 capsure 3x day with food.

YAY!!

YAY!!

Hi, just wondering if SP is still working for you?

Do you have any side effects from it?

And how did you come to the conclusion to take 450mg 3 times a day? I'm trying to figure out how much to take and don't know what the issues would be from taking too much.

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@this-is-my-name)

Posted : 11/26/2012 6:46 pm

i have recently just started taking both of these supplements after reading about them on here. i do not know yet if they are working, but my face is considerably clearer than it has been. i take the same supplements as the original poster, and my face seems to have cleared up a bit in the last week or two but i do not know if it's one thing or the other. i just got a tub of noxzema because i used to use it when i was a teenager and i never had acne, so i figured this might be the missing link.

currently i take saw palmetto, milk thistle, beta carotene, probiotics, zinc, D3, and maybe something else in there somewhere... i have been trying to take these regularly but i do not always get the chance to.

i don't know... i am desperate to clear my face! it has been 4 years without having clear skin and i now just started seeing a girl so of course i don't want acne all over my face! hormones are the only reason i can figure why i have acne, nothing i have done to this point has helped. NOTHING. i really wish someone could just tell me what my problem is so i can fucking fix it. if there is proof of no god then acne is that prove.