Notifications
Clear all

What Should I Do For These Scars? (Pics)

MemberMember
(@johnny231)

Posted : 07/30/2012 8:00 am

Hi,

so i have some rolling scars that really bother me, and i haven't been able to see them in as clear a light as i just have. i've attached the pictures below. they don't flatten THAT much when i stretch them, although they do become less noticeable. what should i do about them? also I'm thinking that if i had to do anything about these scars i should wait till next year when i go to korea and the services are better apparently? what do you guys think about that?

also, i've had this rolling scar for about 3 years now

further information: i've been using a home microdermabrasion kit on these scars for 4 months now

MemberMember
(@johnny231)

Posted : 07/31/2012 8:52 am

bump

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 07/31/2012 8:57 pm

your skin looks allsom dewd

MemberMember
(@dragz)

Posted : 07/31/2012 9:01 pm

I would do nothing. Most doctors would probably also tell you to do nothing. I know it feels bad to you now, but trust me, it could've definitely been a lot worse.

MemberMember
(@lzomg)

Posted : 07/31/2012 10:11 pm

alot of people on this thread would kill to have scars like yours. trust me their not even noticible, and if anyon ask just tell them you got in a fight or something.

MemberMember
(@sanjoseskin)

Posted : 07/31/2012 11:42 pm

I suggest you leave your skin alone and find something else to obsess over.

You don't have a scar problem.

Be grateful for your practically perfect skin, bye.

MemberMember
(@canilive)

Posted : 08/01/2012 12:01 am

fraxel repair

MemberMember
(@dragz)

Posted : 08/01/2012 12:23 am

fraxel repair

far too intense for someone who essentially has no significant scars.

MemberMember
(@johnny231)

Posted : 08/02/2012 10:47 am

i know that my scars aren't too serious but please believe me when i say that this has had an immense psychological impact on me... i would like to know that i at least did my best in trying to improve it. do you think that subcision would help?

MemberMember
(@lzomg)

Posted : 08/02/2012 11:40 am

i know that my scars aren't too serious but please believe me when i say that this has had an immense psychological impact on me... i would like to know that i at least did my best in trying to improve it. do you think that subcision would help?

Subscision followde up by a Fractional CO2 Laser. (use the laser only on your cheek and not your entire face)

MemberMember
(@johnny231)

Posted : 08/04/2012 1:17 pm

thanks! i'm looking to do subcision but there aren't many experienced derms here who do subcision. would you say that you need to hear the popping and snapping sounds of the fibrous tissue for subcision to be a success? i would like the derm who is doing subcision for me to guarantee that..

MemberMember
(@jaredn)

Posted : 08/04/2012 1:27 pm

It doesn't look bad man. I have one medium sized ice pick on my left cheek, but I've had it so long it's blended in my skin and barely anyone notices. Everyone notices red marks way more than scars that are almost the same color as your skin. Brad Pitt has acne scars, and I was watching the 1000th episode of Raw and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson actually had some scars on his cheeks I noticed when he had a short backstage segment. Hope that makes you feel better.

MemberMember
(@tokyogirl)

Posted : 08/04/2012 5:44 pm

Personally, if I were you, I would do nothing. At one point, I had very minor scarring, much like your scars and I accepted the scars. As of now, my scars are much worse than back then. With that said, if I were you, I would focus on prevention in the future. You really don't have much scarring.

If you still want to do something for the rolling scar, consider a temporary filler. If the filler works for you, explore a permanent filler.

If you still feel you want to explore subcision, I would consult with a few doctors who have experience with the procedure. It's possible an experienced doctor will discourage you from subcision. At least, that's been my experience because my scars are apparently too shallow and the risk of additional damage outweighs the possibility for improvement.

I also think most people have a few pock marks on their face. It's really not a big deal.

MemberMember
(@johnny231)

Posted : 08/05/2012 5:57 am

thank you for the advice guys, it means a lot. what is the possible damage that can be done with subcision? i was under the impression that subcision is pretty safe.

also, I'm more fine with icepick and pockmarks, i have some on my right cheek. i don't know why, but it's the rolling scar that gets me

MemberMember
(@jbird12)

Posted : 08/05/2012 10:45 am

thank you for the advice guys, it means a lot. what is the possible damage that can be done with subcision? i was under the impression that subcision is pretty safe.

also, I'm more fine with icepick and pockmarks, i have some on my right cheek. i don't know why, but it's the rolling scar that gets me

Ha I feel the same way. I've had a chicken pock mark on my face since I've been about 8 years old and it's never bothered me. I think rolling scars while more shallow tend to be more uneven and cause weird shadowing that makes them look very disfiguring.

MemberMember
(@johnny231)

Posted : 09/08/2012 3:50 am

hey guys so i went ahead and got subcision done on my left cheek. i didn't get a good look at the needle but it didn't seem very big... and the anesthetic jab didn't hurt. in fact i hardly felt any pain at all throughout the whole procedure, but i did hear some fibrous bands breaking so that's good.

the derm also gave me some lightening cream for my scars and but also recommended e-matrix but didn't tell me much about it. can someone tell me what e-matrix is about and what it's primarily for>?

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 09/09/2012 12:19 pm

Sometimes the best course of action is no action. You look very young. Allow yourself to mature before you take any action.

MemberMember
(@tokyogirl)

Posted : 09/09/2012 2:31 pm

Good luck with healing. I hope subcision improves your scar. Please keep us updated. smile.png

Also, e-matrix is similar to laser but it's based on radio frequency. It's less aggressive and as a result, carries less risk. I don't really believe in the technology but some claim it's improved their skin. If you search the forum, I'm sure you can find threads on it. Also, check realself.com for reviews if you want to learn more.

MemberMember
(@johnny231)

Posted : 09/09/2012 11:46 pm

thanks a bunch guys :) i'll keep you posted on the results

MemberMember
(@johnny231)

Posted : 09/11/2012 8:28 am

ok matrix doesn't seem to be very effective ... another question i have is how long do you usually wait between subcisions?

MemberMember
(@dragz)

Posted : 09/11/2012 11:45 am

Ask your doctor. It may depend on the aggressiveness of the subcision, actually, but I am no expert.

MemberMember
(@philr35)

Posted : 09/13/2012 7:49 pm

you're skin is not bad at all :(. I wish I had that skin. Mine is sooo bad it's scary. I think I have one of the worst scarring someone could have

MemberMember
(@johnny231)

Posted : 09/16/2012 7:08 am

yeah it's not bad... but i have psychological issues with it... i just wish i could be happy and stop obsessing about it :(

MemberMember
(@johnny231)

Posted : 10/07/2012 1:52 am

ok so almost 4 weeks after the subcision it's healed fine! but, i have a lump from the subcision, is this normal? i don't really know if it worked properly because of the lump

MemberMember
(@dragz)

Posted : 10/07/2012 1:53 am

ok so almost 4 weeks after the subcision it's healed fine! but, i have a lump from the subcision, is this normal? i don't really know if it worked properly because of the lump

Lumps after subcisions are abnormal but not unexpected. I believe it occurs when a pool of blood accrued in a weird spot, but they always fade away.