Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Yaz28

Breaking Down.. With Picture

Hello everyone,

I'm just gonna purge all my feelings out here because this is the only place where people can relate and understand what im going through.

My story is that I've had acne since I was 15, I am now 21J. Its been bad, good and gets worse again. However, this time around its just really bad, I cry very night about my face thinking how it got this way and why has it got this way. Infact a few minutes ago I just completely brokedown in tears a total meltdown, I just feel like the ugliest person alive and I hate being like this because im making excuses not to see friends or go out with family. It rules my life and completely brings me down.

I'm at a point where I don’t know what to do I feel so helpless because I can't do anything about. Right now im using Differen that my dermo gave me but I stopped going to a private dermo because im a student and simply can't afford it. However, I made an appointment to go to a public hospital that’s on the 26th of August and im hoping when they see my condition they will put me on accutane as it’s the only thing left that I have not tried.

I don’t wanna sound dramatic or anything but I am really heartbroken. People say stay positive and all that but Its hard knowing you look horrible.post-90747-0-67627200-1343606287_thumb.j

as you can see a pic of my disgusting face and sorry for this depressing post.

the other cheek is bad as well but as bad as this side:)

hey it doesnt look too bad dont worry it will clear keep your head up. it looks like infamed blackheads try exersising and opening the pores out to sweat. and no picking

I picked a few because they had pus in them and were ready to be poped. Thanks i'll try runnig tomorrow.

Yeah, you should try doing cardio. Try treating your skin naturally and eating healthy 'till your appointment. Accutane should be your last resort. Not sure if you tried natural products on your skin and eating healthy as well as exercising.

sweating will open the pores up also sweat has antibaterical killing agent in them. also some vitimin d from the sun can cure most form of acne by drying out the cryst but not too much sun .

Firstly calm down it ain't that bad, far from horrible :). Like you said your friends and family still want to spend time with you, those things are a lot more important than looks. Acne doesn't make a person ugly character does, it's how you carry yourself.

Hows your differin treatment going? i'm also on differin. differin basically helps your pores expel their contents which can cause you to brake out worse at the start. Discuss short term course of antibiotics with your derm.

Don't pick whilst on differin, it makes your skin fragile just trust the medicine to do it's job.

lastly no need to apologize we all have down days.

thanks guys for the input.

@ Noregrets92 i dont really know, i havent seen improvment. it really made my skin purge i guess that's a good thing but not nice to look at. i use a pea size all over my face and im just gonna keep using it until my appointment.

You don't have to say you're sorry. We've all been there. My skin was sort of similar to yours when my skin was terrible. What cleared me up was a combination of Hydrocortisone Cream & Hydroquinone. Also, do not pick your pimples, trust me. You will definitely regret it. When I was a teen my mom use to pick my pimples and once my skin cleared red/brown marks formed all over my cheeks. Also, Salicyclic Acid may help if you haven't tried it already. Hang in there!

Hey there, you're not alone. My skin was a lot like yours in 2008 and I know how discouraging cheek breakouts can be. I'm on differin too but I have to switch to a cheaper topical soon because I can't afford it anymore. Stay strong and try and keep a positive mindset even though it's difficult. My thoughts are with you and I'm hoping things get better for you.

Thank you all for your advice and kind words, at a time like this i really need support :(