Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hopethisworks

My Acutane Log Start > Finish

Ok! First i will let you know a little something something about me. I'm 17 years old and iv had acne since i was 14 years old. No lie, im dead serious, I was the biggest pimp through out middle school, alot of the girls had crushes on me blah blah. I moved right before highschool and it was right when i started to get acne. Im a senior now and it sucks being one of the only people in your grade with acne. Im no longer a pimp nor do i get the ladies like i used to sad.gif. Right now it can be considerd severe noducular(spelling) acne and im sick of it. Iv tried everything, retin-a-micro, monocycline(spelling), proactiv, etc, etc. Nothing has worked. 3 days ago i went to a dermy in my town and i told him straight up that i want to go on acutane. well we talked about it and he also agreed about me goign on it also. i got my blood work and everything. i got the acutane. here i go.

i take 20 mg in the morning and i take 40 mg at night before bed. i wash my face twice a day with just simple dove soap. i use sunscreen if ill be outdoors for a while.

---DAY 1---

Well I started at night, taking 40mg. I woke up in the morning feeling normal I guess. No feeling of any side effects as of yet.

I didnt notice any new pimples from the night before

I dont feel like killing my self smile.gif

-----------------------------------------

day 2 awaits, ill be back later! WISH ME LUCK!!!!

hey man, i look forward to seeing your progress on accutane. One thing, though, is that I recommend using a different cleanser other than soap. Often times, soap is too irritating on the skin and can cause acne breakouts. The most popular face wash amongst accutane users is Cetaphil. Just something to consider.

Good luck man!

---------------

----DAY 2----

---------------

ok i had a really minor back ache last night, im not sure if that was from the tane or not but it was really minor. I woke up in the morning feeling normal i guess, my lips were drier than normal but nothing bad at all. i had around 2-5 whities come up but when i washed they just got off and left a little red mark of course. nothing too serious as of yet. no mood swings, no suicide thoughts, no pains. normal day of acne i guess. again im taking 20mg in the morning after i eat breakfast. 40mg at night after all my meals/shower. i shower with cetaphil wash. after the shower i moisturize with the cetaphil lotion. im not applying any chap stick untill i start noticing the dry lips. my eyes have also been drier than normal.

day 3 awaits. be back tomorrow. LUCK ninja.gif

Hey,

Definitely keep the preemptive moisturizing going on even if you aren't dry yet. I started right away, especially with the chapstick, and I think that's why I haven't had much of a problem with that yet. Congrats on starting your course and hope it goes well!!

haha, whats up, I'm a day ahead of you, I'm on day 5 of tane...lets hope it works out for both of us, I'm gonna be 17 in 2 weeks so we're nearly in the exact same situation...

I've decided to lay off the reefer for the time on accutane, I've read on marijuana.com that isotretinoin increases pressure in the brain and some other blah blah and weed might actually interfere with something that tane is supposed to be doing...I really wanna smoke cause it helps me chill out when I feel depressed because of acne but I'd rather not risk accutane working for me...I dont know, if you keep smoking, keep us updated to see if anything happens, I've heard people toke all the time on tane and nothing going wrong so I guess it aint a big deal...

keep swollowing them pillz and lets hope we'll be acne free in a few months

today was day either 6 or 7 and yeah my lips are pretty dry now and it kinda sucks but aquaphor helps lots. i didnt smoke today. yestorday morning and this morning i had a whole bunch of whiteheads when i woke up but most of them wash away after i shower. im moisturizing every morning/night and it makes my face really oily and it feels kinda icky but its all good, as long as it helps. ummmmm i was getting pissed kind of easy today at my mom, i sorta flipped out on her but then i remember it was the tane so i just stopped and yeah. the sox won and the yanks lost, i cant feel any better (im a diehardcore boston fan)

im also noticing alot of cyst things all over my lower cheekish kinda area. like my chin area but not really the chin. i dont know what its called, but yeah i got alot of those cyst things and they kinda hurt when i sleep. ummmmm i guess its the tane doing its job or something. im off to bed.

no more acne plzzzzzzzzzzzz

day 7 or 8

same thing pretty much cept alot of whitheads come up during the day but once i wash, theyre gone. no drastic changes at all cept whitheads comign up mornings and during the day. my lips are really dry. sox lead series 2-0

day 9.

man my face was not too bad today. my forhead is almost all clear cept for the oil. my nose area and like under my eyes kinda area, all of that is almost all clear but my chin area is loaded with the cysts/whitheads. go away fuckers! during work i had some pains in my joints and lower back. they wernt bad but i hope they dont get any worse. i got stoned earlier. lips are pretty dry but aquaphor and neutrogena > drylips. tired. gogogo tanes!

Hi!

Today is my fourth day of 'tane. We're nearly in the same situation, so let's get through this together biggrin.gif Keep posting, man biggrin.gif

fine niggaz

today is day 12 or 13 or 14 not sure and my middle of my face is clearing kinda good like the middle of my forhead is nice. my nose and the area all around it isnt bad at all, looks clear if u look fast. but my neck/chin area is all messed up still. cysts and whiteheads everywhere. lips are dry but lip stuff works. ummmmmm other than that... smokin dat crypppptoniccccc...

today was day 13 and my face was so bad that i didnt go to school. im not going tomorrow either.

dry lips.

whitheads and cysts all over my cheeks and chin. not cool.

not sure what day it is but i think its 16,17, or 18. my face is pretty dry. i get whitheads that come up almost every day and then they dry up and its pretty annoying. i noticed my face is not oily at all which is really good i guess since oil causes the mean acne to come up? i think. well yeah lips really dry, face really dry. not cool.

Did your breakout get better? Sounds like you had the initial around the same time I did. I'm a little past month one and I'm almost clear...it gets better!!

i think my breakout is over, or somewhat over (i hope) because now all the shit that came up is drying up. i have really flaky skin where i broke out. some/most of it is till there but all dried up. my mid face area is looking really good along with the middle of my forhead. but yes my breakout is getting better. and since that really bad breakout.. i havnt had another one anywhere near as bad. every day or every other day i get 1 or 2 new pimples come up but nothing like the crazy breakout i had which wsa like 10 new pimples a day.

i finished my first month. im on day 31,32, or 33 maybe 34 and my derm upped my dose to 80. ok well hrrmmmm not mch as improved i still have alot of dried up acne everywhere and some new fresh acne other places. alot of clear skin patches around my forhead/chin/cheeks. still nothing dramitic. cya

no one reads. who cares. im not posting no more.

btw i woke up this morning and my whole lower face (near neck/chin) area was completly clear. all that was there was just the redmarks. 80mg dose is awesome. havnt broken out sinec i started taking it. (5 days ago) and all its doing is jsut working alot faster. ownage!

Hopethisworks,

Please don't stop posting, we all want to know your progress. There are just so many journals that it is hard to respond to all of them! We totally care, look at how many people have read your entries (over 600).

I'm glad to hear that your are clearing up. Good luck!!!