Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello everyone, I am new to this website but I have been finding it really helpful in the last hour that I joined. I am 16 years old, and I know that is young for this type of site but i need helpful advice! I had mild to moderate acne in 8th grade, and the summer going into 9th. I got put on liquid medications to put on in the morning and before bed from the dermatologist, but i wasn't finding that they were improving my skin at all. So, as it got worse and i got more self conscious about it, I got more discouraged that my face wasn't going to get better any time soon. In March of this year, I got put on birth control for my acne. ( NOT for the reason it is most used, thought I would clear that up.) I know that people have mixed feelings about being put on birth control for acne, but for my case, it did work. My face is almost completely clear besides a pimple here and there. At night I have an overnight spot treatment I use, and I find it very helpful for those brand new pimples. It is almost completely gone in the morning. BUT, I had a blackhead a few days ago under my nose, where they usually are pretty bad. I decided to put spot treatment on it, thinking nothing of it at the time. It didn't go away after I put it on so I tried to squeeze and pick at it. ( I know, not the best idea!) But I have to admit, I do have a little bit of a habit to do that. Now i have a red spot under my nose, and because I picked some skin off it is going to be very hard to cover. NOW, I can deal with it if it was there for a few days, and I could just do the best i could to cover it. However, Tomorrow I am going away with my boyfriend, (hes also 16) and his family to a house they have on an island. We are obviously going to be going in the water, and I am VERY embarrassed about this thing under my nose! In general I was nervous to go away with his whole family including his aunts, grandparents, cousins, etc. But I am especially nervous now! I am a self conscious in general, it's just the way I have always been. I think, I am pretty, and I get compliments a lot, but i'm always self conscious about something. I am going to his island house from tomorrow until Sunday afternoon and I would just REALLY REALLY appreciate it if someone could give me advice to make it either start to go away or an overnight treatment. THANK YOU SO MUCH, anyone who responds!!! Of course I am 16, and probably over reacting to most of you reading this, but even though we have been going out for a little over a year and a half, and I am comfortable around him, for some reason this thing is getting to me! PLEASE help if you have any ideas. Thank you in advance!!!!

is it raised at all? i know sometimes when i've tried to get a blackhead and fail, it sometimes turns into a pimple. or a planet, depending on how far i "dug".

what i've found that works tremendously is clean & clear's popped pimple cream. the over night stuff. what i love is that if i try to pop a pimple and it doesn't pop, i put that stuff on before bed and usually in the morning it's got a nice whitehead and is easily popped. then i continue to put that stuff on the next few nights because it forms a little scab and comes off with no scar.

it i's not raised, just put a little BP or whatever kind of spot treatment you use on it to prevent it from turning into something. i also like neutrogena skin clearing liquid makeup. this stuff hides the blemish while healing it, and sometimes if i put it on a spot before it's matured, it actually helps it go away.

don't feel bad about one spot. i used to do that and now i have a mess of spots all over the lower part of my face and i'm leaving for the beach in 3 days. absolutely terrified of my makeup coming off =/

Hmmm....Well it seems you do not have a lot of acne and just that blackhead.

Some people swear by crushing an aspirin in a few drops of water and leaving that on all day and night if you can, and it would dry it out really quickly because of the salicylic acid that is what aspirin is made of :)

I hope this helps!

Hey man, I totally get where you're coming from. I'm a teen too, and I totally understand your problems -- in fact I had the same thing happen to me, I scratched a blackhead and it got WAYY worse. I was so embarrassed about it, it was so hard to cover & stuff, but the best piece of advice I can give is, whatever you do, don't irritate it anymore, just leave it alone and it should heal much faster. trust me, that habit is pretty hard to break - requires some serious self control