Do You Have Acne Wh...

Notifications
Clear all

Do You Have Acne Where You Shave?

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 07/25/2012 6:21 pm

I'm hoping to get some feedback to find out if other people are like me. I don't have any acne at all* where I shave, so there's none on my jawline and rarely any above my mouth. I only get it on my forehead, nose, and upper cheeks. I theorize that shaving acts like exfoliating, and does away with acne, scars and red marks, albeit gradually.

*Ok I get some, but it goes away a LOT quicker and it's only 1 spot a week at the most.

Please answer the poll and provide any feedback you may have.

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@bjarnecke)

Posted : 07/25/2012 6:51 pm

I answered yes, because if I don't shave I don't have any breakouts where I would be shaving. But when I do shave, I generally get small pimples between my nose and mouth, on the upper lip. I also tend to get pimples on my throat area where I shave too, and I always keep that shaved, even when I wear a beard.

MemberMember
(@unacceptedrealist)

Posted : 07/25/2012 7:39 pm

I, too, do not have ANY acne in the areas that I shave.

Interesting...

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 07/25/2012 11:43 pm

I, too, do not have ANY acne in the areas that I shave.

Interesting...

A couple of times I've gone and shaved high up on my cheeks to see what happens. I do have a lot of fine, blonde hairs in that area, don't know it it's normal.

What it's done is turn those spots more red for a few days, then it goes back to normal... but perhaps getting in the habit of doing that would do more good than harm over time. I'll never shave my forehead though, lol.

MemberMember
(@mcc0y)

Posted : 08/04/2012 4:11 pm

The area of where I shave is 99% of where I get my acne. Its horrible.

MemberMember
(@vinnieavenue)

Posted : 08/08/2012 3:46 am

I find that if i don't shave i end up with white heads.

Its like the oil clings onto the base of the hair/follicle and i get them. If i shave before bed every night i find i won't wake up with them and my face won't be read for the day because my skin has had time to settle while i sleep.

MemberMember
(@auspicious)

Posted : 08/08/2012 3:53 am

sometimes but its nothing really serious just follow dan's guide to shaving

MemberMember
(@poi6)

Posted : 08/18/2012 9:33 am

Jes

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 08/22/2012 9:58 pm

I don't get much acne along the beard area of my cheeks. I usually get active stuff higher up on my cheeks. But when I do shave, I sometimes get really bad redness that'll last a few hours before calming down. I don't know if it's "super razor burn" or what, I have extremely sensitive skin so I'm sure that plays into it. Lately I've been getting super annoying "mini-cysts" around my chin where I shave though, but they seem to be finally calming down.

MemberMember
(@bjarnecke)

Posted : 08/23/2012 6:08 pm

I don't get much acne along the beard area of my cheeks. I usually get active stuff higher up on my cheeks. But when I do shave, I sometimes get really bad redness that'll last a few hours before calming down. I don't know if it's "super razor burn" or what, I have extremely sensitive skin so I'm sure that plays into it. Lately I've been getting super annoying "mini-cysts" around my chin where I shave though, but they seem to be finally calming down.

I have super sensitive skin as well, and I'm always red after shaving. Recently I tried just shaving with water, but that didn't go to well. I didn't think it would, but I figured I'd give it a shot. My five blade razor probably doesn't help much either.

But the main reason I've replied is because I've also been getting cysts around my mouth area. I have no idea why, never used to get them at all, my breakouts are all cysts on my forehead.

MemberMember
(@bodie81)

Posted : 11/04/2012 3:33 pm

It depends on what you define as acne. I rarely if ever get any spots on my sideburns, cheeks, moustache or chin areas where I shave. However, irrespective of what products or methods I use to shave, I tend to get annoying little spots on my neck around my adams apple. I wouldn`t class these spots as being acne though - more likely a mild form of folliculitis. I am at loss as to why I get these spots - ironically when I had severe cystic acne all over my face years ago, I never used to get them. I can only assume that it is either my shaving technique or the fact that due to years of taking antibiotics for acne, I am more prone to outbreaks of follicuitis.

MemberMember
(@mikex10a)

Posted : 12/22/2012 10:42 am

Only on my chin. But I'm not sure that's caused by shaving so much as my skin is fully exposed to dirt and other stuff that causes acne. No other area that I shave breaks out, so yeah.

MemberMember
(@doodleme123)

Posted : 01/13/2013 3:49 am

I voted Yes, acne on my chin and above my lip.