Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
htotheizzo

Doxycyline Journal- Starts Today

hey, im 18 and was prescribed doxy today. To be honest, the stuff ive read about it and people that have used it doesnt fill me with confidence..so..any success stories out there?/? i only have mild acne...ive had great success with b5 in the past but its jst too damn expensive, and all that pill poppin kills me. does ayone know if taking doxy and b5 together is ok? please tell me of your experiences with doxy, il try and post as often as i can to update u..i dont expect any results in the first few weeks anyway, but we'l see i guess. anyway,.......yeh,..post a reply ..now!

laters

izzo

(doh, i spellt doxycycline wrong in the title..ok..dont hold it against me)

I took doxy for about 3 weeks and all it did was give me mad stomach pains and almost made me vomit alot of times...since it didn't help I got pissed off and flushed the pills down the toilet...now I'm on accutane, its not as bad, then again, I only took 2 pills so far...

I smoked alot of weed between doxy and accutane but didnt smoke while on doxy...dont know how it would make you react but most likely nothing will happen, I'm not gonna risk and smoke on tane so I'm off the good stuff for 6 months... sad.gif

thanx 4 the input, how much doxy were u taking, i only took my second pil today, no problems so far. Dont think my acne is bad enough for accutane, ..so doubt they wil prescribe it to me. im on 100mg doxy per day..is i true yr not sposed to take it wih food, cos on the leaflet it say tke with food or drink..hmmmmmm

You should definately take doxycycline with food. It can cause really bad nausea. Taking this antibiotic with food doesn't affect absorbtion.

Good luck and keep us posted!

I was on the same dosage, I took about 20 pills I think, somewhere around 3 weeks...

It says to take it 2 hours after food or before food or something like that, but not with food...but make sure you dont take it on an empty stomach, once I took it in the morning just when I had woken up and had the worst stomach pain ever, I thought I was gonna die...good times

on my leaflet it actually said to not take it with food cause it won't absorb the medication, I hope it helps you cause it didnt do shit for me...so far I'm having a better experince with accutane, no side effects but also no improvement yet...lol

hey, thanx for the input, took it on an empty stomach a few times, and no pain...yet... smile.gif seeing slight improvements, even after a week , i only have mild acne anyway...and im taking 1g of b5 before bed...which definately helps with healing, altho..im pretty sure yr not sposed to take it when on doxy..doh..o welll, yeh...keep me posted guys..

You should definately take doxycycline with food. It can cause really bad nausea. Taking this antibiotic with food doesn't affect absorbtion.

Good luck and keep us posted!

ok, so its been..what...a week? or somethin.....very good progress..only very small whiteheads have surfaced since been on doxy..and they get terminated b4 i go to college lol. im taking 2.5g of b5 at night to help heal my skin..works wonders...totally understand that whole feelin sick after takkin doxy on an empty stomach..took it yesterday....ouchhh.. im gona eat...wait 2 hours or so then take it from now on....il keep u posted...someone reply!! grr

ok, update... um..well, its been what..a few weeks now? progress is good, few tiny new whiteheads but nothin major...scars are healing well, seems to be working nicely., ive stopped taking the b5 now..due to financial reasons lol, b5's a rippoff in the uk. anyway...yeh..let me know if your on the same thing or have any questions or info for me.

izzo

I posted here before...so, I'm on accutane(day 16) and smoked weed two nights in a row and everything is normal, so I'm pretty sure you can smokeup on doxy...lol...

I'm seeing excellent results just after 2 weeks of Accutane, this drug is INCREDIBLE I would've never thought that I would start getting my life back to normal just after 2 weeks...its nuts, I seriously thought it was a dream a few days ago and was really hoping that I wouldnt wake up...I might have been high though eusa_shifty.gif

lol, sweet, yeh i smoked up last night, didnt seem to have an effect cos now i have no active acne...just red marks. I'd love to go on accutane but i dont think my acne is bad enough for it to be prescribed to me...and the possible side affects kinda scare me. but v happy 4 u...hope it keeps improving.

izzo

ok, so..seeing as no-one is replying!! lol ., guess this diary is jst 4 me. have no actuive spots stil, but red marks are very much stil there. Anyone have any secret tricks for gettin rid of them ? come on.. post. lol..

izzo

haha, I read it...I think that people mostly read the accutane journals instead of anything else, thats my opinion though

red marks are a pain but much better than acne...people say the best thing is to just let time heal it, some say that moisturizing helps reduce the redness and then there is some treatments you can do, I dont know too much so thats all I can tell you for now...maybe someone will come along that knows the deal better than me

It was my 17th b-day yesterday so I got completely blazed with my friends, we had to finish up the weed that we had so we smoked much more than we usually do, we were tripping balls bro...we watched some scary shit before toking so we were all a little paranoid (the fun kind though), I thought I was hearing secret voices in songs and saw a scary shadow on the wall so I went to lay down next to my friend and his girl, I ended up being under him and he kept saying "dude, this is so gay"...that was some funny shit, then we were just laughing for hours and I drew a picture of something but more like nothing really and passed out sleeping with the marker in my hand...

when you get high, how long does it last? cause for me its almost like 5 hours of being REALLY high and another 10-15 of being half high but still pretty high...lol

oh yeah, and accutane is still working great, broke out a little cause ate mad junk food, *munchies* eusa_whistle.gif

haha, oh my, this is definitely the journal for me, smokers & doxycycline! but, of course, i was also just wondering if there was anyone else around using doxycycline.

i've been taking doxycycline (100mg / 1 pill per day) for a while now, since december or so. my doctor had prescribed it to me tons of times before, but whenever i tried taking it, i just threw up or had MAD stomach pain. eventually though, i decided to just stick it out because my little sister swears by the stuff & said that she takes it right before bedtime & has never had stomach pain. i took it for a while at bedtime, but i woke up several times crying from the goddamn stomach pain & had to throw up. the pain is so so so so so bad, def the worst part of this medicine.

but, i currently take it with food. & when i do, i dont get stomach pains. it seems like some ppl disagree with taking antibiotics with food though? i googled it & found that "Minocycline and doxycycline are not affected by food and can be taken at mealtime." ( http://dermnetnz.org/treatments/tetracycline.html ). it is only tetracycline that is affected by food. just make sure not to take any dairy products within two hours of taking the medicine (it lessens the effect of doxycycline). taking the medicine before bed with a big glass of water might be most best if you usually have dairy products for meals though. that usually works for me, but has been risky, so i just take it with food.

as for my results, i don't really remember how bad my skin was last year (i should've kept a log!). i had extreme acne 3 years ago, but it has gone away, i think mostly just from the natural healing process of my body though, & not from all the shitty crap i was doing to my skin. nonetheless, last year, i think i had moderate acne & redness (my redness was more of an all-over face flush, not necessarily the redness leftover from acne). i started taking it during winter break & when i came back to college, my friends definitely noticed a difference. they said my skin was a lot less red (even though i'm *still* somewhat red & it sucks) & were polite enough not to comment on any acne progress. now that i think about it, it would've been nice if they had, so i would know if it was improving, but whatever, i think it improved. this is definitely the clearest my skin has been since middle school or such.

my skin is moderately clear, maybe mild acne. i have huge pores from all the abuse my skin took & my skin is pretty oily. i still get an occassional noticeable & big pimple, due mostly to stupid PMS. my skin is not flawless, but so much better than 3 years ago & that is fine with me. also, i use clindamycin topical solution, i think it helps a lot with taming new pimples.

also, taking hallucinogens / smoking hasnt really seemed to affect my skin. at most, what you do while tripping probably affects skin more, not the drug. i remember that while shrooming, i was out in the sun for 6 hours (a big DO NOT DO, because skin is much more sensitive to sunlight on medication), sweating, burying my face into my arms a lot & just touching my face a lot because i thought i was drooling like half the time. mainly, i think you should worry the most about remembering to wash your face before sleeping (i get most of my breakouts from being stupid & lazy & not washing).

dynji, WOW, 5 hours of a high??? generally, highs from weed only last about 2 hours or so. you must be smoking a LOT of weed or just some REALLY good weed. really long highs are so awesome though, i was sort of out of reality for 3 days from bubble hash. happiest days ever, i love that loopy feeling! until i had to take my math midterm while high though, that wasn't fun.

i'm sorry for this huge essay of a reply, but i know you'll appreciate it. keep updating your log, i'll be checking bck!

ok, well..its comin upto a month now, and im totally clear smile.gif stil have red marks but their fading fast with b5 at night, hope it stays like this.....lol glad to see someone has replied, yeh doxy seems to be working well for me. stil smokin up , really need to give up, lol 5 hours? sweet, .,only lasts like...3 hours at the most for me, lol shrooming, tried it once, never again, plus they taste nasty. but yeh, keep the doxy slash drug posts goin, power to the weed

izzo

hahaha, damn, this journal seems pretty deserted but the posts are of high quality! cool.gif

rob0t, I agree with you on the part where you said that weed and stuff doesnt really affect the medication only what you do while tripping...I always always break out after eating junk food so I usually hold myself back and eat some fruits instead but when you got the munchies its hard to resist and I bet you know it, so around last week we got pretty baked with my friends, smoked more than we usually do and I ended up eating so much shit and my face defenitely f-ed up from it...I realized that even though I'm on accutane, I'll still get breakouts if I continue eating crap, so I decided to quit junk-food, hard but well...clear(er) skin is a reward I'm willing to do alot for

I'm glad doxy is working for you izzo, accutane is working well with me, my skin has defenitely improved a whole lot and people are starting to tell me that it looks way better and that I'm clearing up, I also regained alot of confidence in myself, still not where I wanna be but defenitely on the right path...almost done with my first month, hopefully the bloodtests will come in good so I can get my next 30 pillers...

On other subjects, I'm either the staying-high-for-the-longest person or the weed that I had was some seriously strong shit...I smoked up friday night aroudn 11:30 and was still considerably high most of the next day, when it was 11:30 saturday night, I was still a bit buzzed...I went to see The Grudge and I thought I was gonna die, scared the shit out of me, I didnt realize how much weed can enhance watching movies...it was so incredible I would have paid $100 bucks instead of the 10 ahhahaha eusa_angel.gif

I'm pretty dry now but I bought some rolling papers (pure hemp), I've always smoked out of a glass pipe/water pipe before so trying out a joint should be fun once I get some new flowrs eusa_dance.gif

FOR EVERYONE INTERESTED: I've smoked(weed only) 5 times during accutane so far (I'm on day 26) and it hasn't affected the treatment in anyway except the munchies but thats only an issue if your breakouts are caused by chocolate/candy and other junkfood...

Keep posting fellow tokers! cool.gif

lol, sweet...yeh if this doxy doesnt work full time then accutane might be an option, i live in the Uk, where bouts r u? yeh smokin weed or anythin else shouldnt effect your skin that much, jst..lay off te chocolate, altho munchies is a bitch. Never had a spliff? hardcore, cant u roll? hemp skins, ahhh, dribble, .. .. so hard to find here. so good, tho. u havin any side effects from tane? heard its pretty narly. and, isnt there like a no alcohol policy on accutane? think maybe there is on doxy too, but..nvr mind eh., doesnt seem to effect it, lol on the leaflet it said it has coused patients permenent loss of vision..heh , err..nice? well, u know if i dont reply,. that...ive gona blind. anyway..yeh keep em comin, catch u later

izzo

omg, no alcohol on doxy???? why am i not dead right now then?? ::dies::

my favorite way of smoking is through bongs. i <3 seeing the chamber fill up with smoke. & the ashes from pipes are not too nice. :/ joints will hold a special place in my heart though, because the first time i got REALLY stoned was from taking 6-7 hits from a joint. time was INCHING by, it was horrible. being really stoned is not fun.

& izzo, i hope the doxy is helping somewhat! i don't really pay attention to my skin & whether medication helps, but i bet the doxy is what's keeping my acne at bay. :<

also, do you guys get antisocial when smoking? whenever i smoke weed, i get totally antisocial & just want to lay down in the dark listening to music. when drunk though, i get REALLY social & it is grand fun. i think it might just depend on the people you're around tho..

I'm in the US, NYC actually, haha, for UK it'll most likely be talked about as Roaccutane, same thing just different name...

The sideffects so far have been chapped lips, getting sore a little bit faster than before and thats pretty much it...its not as horrible as everyone says, even if I did experience more serious side effects, the results it brings would be worth the price...

yeah, you should not drink on accutane which is easy for me cause I dont really drink, don't really like it, I've gotten drunk like twice in my entire life and that wasn't O.D. either...alcohol just aint me I guess, dont go blind dude, it'll suck...lol...since I'm on accutane all the other stuff like doxy and shit dont seem that serious to me...I'd say drink and toke as long as its in moderation eusa_whistle.gif

I've never used a bong before but then again I haven't been smoking for too long, I probably got high around 15 times or so, 1st time has been the best so far, might be cause I also drank like 2 glasses of mixed lemonade and clear vodka...plus it was at a friends house with 7 people and no one to watch out for so we just chilled and laid back...haha, it was nuts, I thought I was gonna die, didnt know what I was missing till then, ahha cool.gif

I'll probably roll and smoke my first joing in the next month or so when I get some new weedo, the last one I had, which was my first, I'm pretty sure it was crap shwag cause some of the highs were shit as hell, mostly for my friend who got just a little high and headaches...on the subject...how much should you smoke to get high but not too high, I'm suspecting we smoked too little at times...( I still stayed high for supper long though eusa_boohoo.gif )

I don't really get antisocial, I just get fuc*ing weird as hell, at first we just look at eachother and laugh out of our minds, then I start thinking deeply about all different things and saying random shit and mostly playing air guitar or dancing like a cowboy or some shit, I got really bad munchies like 4 times....I can't watch a movie or listen to music cause I won't know what the hell is happening, but the next day its a different story, music sounds heavenly and I'm IN the damned movies, hahah

oh yeah, on the medication front, my bloodtests came in good (despite the fact I got baked 2 nites before the tests) so I'm getting my next 30 accutane pills tomorrow, I'm being bumped up to 60mg a day which I'm happy about cause I've heard people who stay on lose dosages, get their acne back in many cases and take longer to clear up...so I'm pretty happy as of now...

woo, long ass post...haha, peace out

lol,. cheers 4 the long ass post, gd 2 see the tanes goin well, my mates on it..he got rlly chapped lips, but the results r amazing. err to get high? well, assuming u buy by the 8th, u should get 8 spliffs out of it, so..yeh..divide and smoke? some weed jst gives u headaches, it sucks, but yeh...im gettin drunk slash cained on sat for a halloweeen party, shd be sweet, how much do u pay for an 8th in the u.s? its £20 here, so..um..nearly 40 bucks? anyway, its like, 1 in the morning here so..gotta go, gd luck with the tane slash weed, heh..laters man

izzo

I paid, $10 for a dime, thats 1/8 right? I think if the stuff is better, it will cost more though...I'm getting a quarter the next time I buy any, nothing big planned for halloween so I should be off the plant for about 2 weeks, but its good though cause the longer you wait the better the ride cool.gif

one more pill left from the entire first box of tane I got...tomorrow is a month I've been on it and it has done SO much, this chick was trying to get with me yesterday but I don't really like her so I was just like whatever...she wanted to make out with me IN class...haha, "you ever feel like you wanna kiss someone but there is too many people around?" I said, yeah, I know what you mean and just looked away...hahaha...accutane does miracles, a month ago I wanted to kill myself when I looked in the mirror and now I got chicks on my shit... eusa_dance.gif

keep the doxy flowing, hopefully it will clear you up soon, it's supposed to kick in after like 5 weeks or some shit....

peace