Notifications
Clear all

Acne Scars Have Destroyed My Face

MemberMember
(@jay2013)

Posted : 07/22/2012 4:32 pm

Hey everyone,

First off, I just want to preface what I'm about to say by letting you all know that I'm mostly doing this to rant. I don't talk about acne or my acne scars with anyone. Ever. I feel so awkward and uncomfortable telling people, "yeah, my face has been destroyed by acne scars, as if you haven't noticed." It's so uncomfortable when you're talking to someone and they just stare at your face and scars instead of making eye contact. I've had laser treatments and used tons of different creams and ointments, but my face always ends up looking like I've done absolutely nothing at all to it. I wish there were a procedure where I could just cut off my face and just have it grow back healthy (I know, that sounds really bizarre, haha). Like I've said, I've tried different things and looked into different procedures but they all are pretty pricey and I wouldn't want to throw more money down the drain. I'm sure someone out there can relate to what I'm feeling. How do you guys deal with it? Is there anything you did that made a drastic improvement? It seems like a lot of people that post on here talk about red or dark spots. I have those, but the majority of my face is covered in those hole-looking depression-type scars.

MemberMember
(@snsdgirl14)

Posted : 07/22/2012 5:53 pm

Hey, I know how you feel. I've had my cheeks covered in red marks all over. Not the depression types like yours but flat, bright red marks. I felt so self conscious and a lot of times would just sleep the day away, dreaming of waking up to a clear face (no lie). I went on oral antibiotics and Epiduo which helped a lot over the months with the marks. By May, my marks were basically gone and then I got a chemical peel which helped a lot too. That's not to say I'm enjoying totally perfect skin right now, I have two new marks.

For depression scars, I think you should just see your derm and ask them what they think would be best. There's tons of different surgeries out there, not only laser, that can help with scars. Virtually anything can be improved these days---just look at acid or burns victims who end up looking, obviously not the same as before, but 100x better than what they started with.

So did the laser treatments just not really work for you? Maybe it was the wrong ones?

MemberMember
(@miickey-mouse)

Posted : 10/02/2013 8:57 am

I'm in the same boat as you, you see people looking to the side of your face instead of your eyes. I am also covered in red/purple marks and scars and am currently on accutane therefore i cannot do treatment. Most will fade automatically however indented scarring can defiantly be treated via laser therapies, surgery or permanent/temporary fillers where they just inject a filler into the scar causing it to be even with the rest of your skin.

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 10/03/2013 2:39 pm

Have you tried multiple ablative fractional laser (Deep FX, Fraxel Re:pair) treatments yet? It seems like the best choice if you have extensive indented scarring. I can relate to how you feel, it's not easy. There seem to be few treatments that give actual improvement and even then it's not that much and you need repeated treatments, but I would honestly try the laser before giving up.

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 10/03/2013 6:37 pm

Misery loves company, but it will do nothing to help you address what you really want.

MemberMember
(@4meracneguy)

Posted : 10/04/2013 10:36 am

Try every single scar treatment. Subcision, fillers, tca cross, laser, dermarolling, dermabrasion, enerjet, etc and you have a good chance of getting good results.

MemberMember
(@smoothy-mary)

Posted : 10/04/2013 10:45 am

Seems like surgery is the only solution being proposed, I have had the same problem since I was a teenager, now in my late twenties, but I wouldn't mind something topical or systemic just not surgery, feelits a it extreme

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 10/05/2013 12:36 pm

The other stuff doesn't work. There is no magical cream.

Seems like surgery is the only solution being proposed, I have had the same problem since I was a teenager, now in my late twenties, but I wouldn't mind something topical or systemic just not surgery, feelits a it extreme

MemberMember
(@real-acnekiller)

Posted : 10/10/2013 1:35 am

Hi I would definitely recommend subcision wherever an expert dr. Believes it well help.have him remove all the scar tissue there before being stitched up. Also for very depressed scarring silicone1000 injected in droplets works wonders and can make scars level easily.u dont have to worry 20-30 years down the road about your face with silicone as long as its not injected superficially.i just had a subcision on a bad scar that was depressed uneven edged in august and the area is practically back to normal.also have had silicone1000 before and was great.my dr. Whom ive known a long time is an extremely knowledgeable plastic surgeon with decades of expertise.Dr.Vito Quatela rochester ny good luck

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 10/11/2013 10:50 pm

we would be some damn good looking people with good skin ...what drives me nuts is how people with nice skin takes it for granted and complains about there teeth or hair !!!

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 10/12/2013 11:05 am

That is just human nature. I have a pretty girlfriend with no scars who wants Re:pair because of what she perceives as imperfections. I have another girlfriend I would put as a 9-10 who insists her breasts are not the same. I can't tell the difference, but it is important to her.

we would be some damn good looking people with good skin ...what drives me nuts is how people with nice skin takes it for granted and complains about there teeth or hair !!!

MemberMember
(@4meracneguy)

Posted : 10/12/2013 12:36 pm

That is just human nature. I have a pretty girlfriend with no scars who wants Re:pair because of what she perceives as imperfections. I have another girlfriend I would put as a 9-10 who insists her breasts are not the same. I can't tell the difference, but it is important to her.

Are you rich? lol

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 10/12/2013 1:12 pm

Not by a long shot. If I had money you would never see me here. LOL

MemberMember
(@4meracneguy)

Posted : 10/12/2013 1:28 pm

Not by a long shot. If I had money you would never see me here. LOL

Are you rich? lol

How are you dating beautiful women in spite of having acne scars?

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 10/12/2013 3:23 pm

Re:pair, and a hair transplant did most of the work, but I am very comfortable around beautiful women. A lot of it has to do with attitude. My first wife, who I married twice was a total beauty. Hang around places with hot women like Hooters and Twin Peaks, and talk to the girls. You will get used to being around them and find out that they are just like everybody else. You have to be kind of indifferent. Nice guys do finish last. You have to be a confident man or girls pick up on it right away. Treat your scars and check out the Tao of Badass http://www.thetaoofbadass.com/ What you have been taught throughout your life growing up is all wrong!

MemberMember
(@325world)

Posted : 10/13/2013 9:55 am

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 10/13/2013 10:19 am

I think you are underestimating yourself. You have to believe in yourself or no girl ever will. I am nothing special looks wise, but I do have a good positive personality. By your comment you are already knocking yourself. Most of communication is through body language. Body language was around long before we even uttered our first word. Even if you have to fake it in the beginning you have to be confident.

203714.jpg

œWhether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.

Henry Ford

Re:pair, and a hair transplant did most of the work, but I am very comfortable around beautiful women. A lot of it has to do with attitude. My first wife, who I married twice was a total beauty. Hang around places with hot women like Hooters and Twin Peaks, and talk to the girls. You will get used to being around them and find out that they are just like everybody else. You have to be kind of indifferent. Nice guys do finish last. You have to be a confident man or girls pick up on it right away. Treat your scars and check out the Tao of Badass http://www.thetaoofbadass.com/ What you have been taught throughout your life growing up is all wrong!

Lol, you are probably attractive (great bone structure, attractive eyes, tall/broad, there's much more to physical attractiveness than skin) even with not so great skin, that's your secret. Either that or you are overestimating the phyical attractiveness of your GFs.

MemberMember
(@starlite)

Posted : 10/13/2013 4:54 pm

You have TWO girlfriends? Not cool...

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 10/13/2013 6:06 pm

all you need to attract women is money

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 10/13/2013 9:53 pm

Lol guys, people cannot obtain the absolute truth about human personality and thoughts.

So saying "girls are only attracted to money" is not really true or things of the same matter. Cause then the statement is being said as a fact which is absolute truth.

The human brain and emotion is too complex that even scientists haven't even discovered majority of it infact we only know so little. But girls being attracted to money may be one of many factors which maybe only limited to some. We cannot lump every single girl in one category. Sooooo much factors to consider from their preferences to their environment, culture, how they are raised, religion, emotion, and soo very super mega much more.

Anyways, back to the topic, hmmmmm if you want low risks, i suggest trying single needling in combination of dermastamps and dermarollers. Use the single needle to targert deep scars and icepicks, dermastamp all scars, then dermaroll beyond the site of the scar. It will be better if you combine this treatements with topicals as well but there are restrictions. Like do not put strong anti inflammatories after a dermastamp/roll orsingle needling session because that minor controlled inflammation starts the healing process of the skin which leads to regeneration and finally production of collagen and conversion. That is just one. By the way, i got it from owndoc.com.

I think owndoc.com gives very good instructions and suggestions on how you do it. Check it out if you want.

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 10/15/2013 10:08 am

I've been pick-up-ing girls on the street/park with a few folks of mine.

My face is pretty much covered in birght red marks but I dont quite give a shit since my pal told me that girls are attracted by what you say/do so much more than the aspect.

Rule 1 : " Who cares what they say "

Rule 2: "Your the most important person in the relationship"

Read rentless by David X .