Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MikeHunt79

The sun and it's effects when using BP

Posted this in the main regimen forum bot got no response. sad.gif

Ok, been on Dan's BP gel since June, and it seems to be kinda working... well, it keeps me almost clear but not quite. I keep trying to up the amount of BP, but I go red, even tho I use moisturiser everytime I appy the BP. It's been a fine balance between redness and clearness.

Cut a long story shot, I went on holiday for a week, on a sunny greek island (Kos). I tried to stick to the BP for the first few nights, but I went so red and peely that I had to stop. Believe it or not, after spending a week in the sun, without any BP gel or moistureiser, I was the most clear as I have ever been (totally clear). I fealt great. I never seem to be able to get a tan, so I used plenty of SPF 20 to prevent sunburn, so all was good.

Holiday finished a week ago, and I've been in the UK a week now, and I tried to see how I could get on without any BP... bad idea. I never seem to see the sun at all in the UK, as I work indoors, and I was clear until a few nights ago, and right now I feel kinda like smashing my mirror since I have broken out. Needless to say, I have now restarted the BP... in smallish amounts for the moment.

Now, to me this seems like my body is telling me to get out in the sun... but this is not exactly easy since to gets dark as I drive home from work in the UK, and winter is coming up. So, I need to know what it is in the sun that made me clear? Apart from UV rays which are apparently bad, I've heard that you get Vitamin E from the sun which sounds good. smile.gif I'm not rich enough to move to a sunny greek island just yet, so is there anyway I can re-create the effects if the sun over here in the cloudy rainy UK? I've been tempted to try one of those tanning sunbed type things, but I thought I'd ask here first, as they apparently have plenty of side effects (skin cancer, premuture aging of skin, etc.). So, anyone else in a similar situation? I'm kinda unsure what to do right now.

Update: Now 2 weeks after the holiday, I am back on the BP, and it is keeping the acne at bay.. and I'm far from clear... help!

Guest Captain Chaos

Sorry to be a wet blanket but I don't really think you can recreate the effects of the sun, you could try tanning beds but many people have said they are crap and have no effect on acne..

However it could help your skin tone if you went on some tanning beds..

I'd say just apply the BP, and grin and bear the redness until your skin gets used to it...

What severity of acne do you have? and whereabouts on your face?

Sorry to be a wet blanket but I don't really think you can recreate the effects of the sun, you could try tanning beds but many people have said they are crap and have no effect on acne..

However it could help your skin tone if you went on some tanning beds..

I'd say just apply the BP, and grin and bear the redness until your skin gets used to it...

What severity of acne do you have? and whereabouts on your face?

I also noticed this when i was away in Cuba during the summer and I forgot my BP, I've seen this box before but Id want it to really work for me to spend £200 on it...

Cut a long story shot, I went on holiday for a week, on a sunny greek island (Kos). I tried to stick to the BP for the first few nights, but I went so red and peely that I had to stop. Believe it or not, after spending a week in the sun, without any BP gel or moistureiser, I was the most clear as I have ever been (totally clear).