Notifications
Clear all

Starting The Regimen Day 1 Completed

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 07/15/2012 1:16 pm

I have never has a problem with acne throughout high school, however after I graduated my acne flared. I do not know what or how it started but i need help in clearing my acne. It has taken a nasty tole in my life and has ripped my confidence into pieces. After reading about The Regimen yesterday I was happy to see that the system seems to work for many different types of acne. My acne is probably severe. I am currently on doxycycline and I want to include this in my routine so hopefully I have some good results before school beings in about five weeks. I hope my journey can help others defeat this ugly disease. If you have any words of hope I would love to hear them everyone smile.png Thank you everyone for sharing your journey and inspiring me to do my own.

MemberMember
(@ghostunit)

Posted : 07/15/2012 5:54 pm

Did you had acne before? It could be something you ate that you are allergic to. Five weeks is kinda short, but if you manage to stop breaking out, it won't be that bad, but you'll have red marks. You should try changing your diet, try a plant-based diet for a while and see how it does. You should use Google to search about healthy eating for acne. I hope you get it under controlled!

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 07/15/2012 7:48 pm

Well I was on a dairy free diet for about two months because I heard a lot about it being contributed to severe acne and everything but I saw absolutely no improvement. it got worse in fact. Now I am eating healthily and eating whole grains and the whole bit. I had very mild acne throughout high school, which is suspected amount teens and all so I was not worried about it, but just one summer my acne started to get worse and continues to get worse to that picture posted above. I have tried using turmeric, apple cider vinegar, and various other ways and i stayed on them for about five weeks each to let each work, but sadly still nothing seemed to help. Now i am just praying that with the success of so many people that are using the regimen that I will work for me. I can say within just a day or two of following Dan's Regiman on this site, I am seeing some results, even though my skin is dry I can see some results. I will keep posting pictures every few days to show the improvement. Also I for the past year I have been waking up to maybe five pimples every morning so my social life is falling apart so I have so hope for the Regimen.

Thank you for replying and I will look into the diet deal.

Did you have acne? Your skin looks great by the way from the picture.

MemberMember
(@ghostunit)

Posted : 07/16/2012 8:28 am

What is your diet like? Do you mostly eat vegetables and fruits ? These foods contains a lot of nutrients and can help you .

You can also eat beans, whole grain like brown rice, quinoa, etc., nuts/seeds.

And No problem! Yeah, you should certainly look into diet smile.png Plant-based for success! It does take times, but eventually, you'll see improvement.

Yeah, I had acne and I still do. I have 2 active ones along with dark spots and some scars. You can actually see my photos if you click Gallery Image: 7 You'll see my scars and dark spots.. smile.png You can see that at the bottom of my display picture. My skin does look very smooth and feels smooth because of my diet. I'm almost 26 and I am not aging at all. ha ha

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 07/16/2012 9:43 am

Yes is was mostly just fruits and vegis with the occasional chicken here and there. I did that for maybe three months and after not seeing results I wanted to find something else that might work better topically.

Hava you th ought about trying the regimen? I have seen some people on this site your similar skin and after the regimen it looks almost flawless and it didn't not take too long and all since you don't have pimples everywhere like other people do.

MemberMember
(@ghostunit)

Posted : 07/16/2012 10:23 am

Yes is was mostly just fruits and vegis with the occasional chicken here and there. I did that for maybe three months and after not seeing results I wanted to find something else that might work better topically.

Hava you th ought about trying the regimen? I have seen some people on this site your similar skin and after the regimen it looks almost flawless and it didn't not take too long and all since you don't have pimples everywhere like other people do.

Yeah, but can't go wrong eating lots of fruits and veggies. Good for your health, etc. ^^;; It should at least make your skin smooth and looking natural. That didn't happen? ;\

I will wait a bit just eating 100% raw and see what happens. I apply aloe vera (fresh), Acne spot treatment that is natural, it has SA %2, and essential oils, like Lavender, tea tree, and frankincense. Aloe, lavender, and frankincense are for my scars and I use SA %2 on tiny bumps under skin that can only be seen near light and I use tea tree oil on active pimples. Tiny bumps under skin usually get inflamed, so hopefully applying tea tree oil and SA%2 will help. Oh, and I apply the aztec healing clay mask. I like this product, but it makes my pimples worst since it pushes blood which makes them bigger, but then it becomes dried in 2 days if it big and 1 day if small. i can feel one forming on my right cheek and it's been clear there for a week, but it seems small, hopefully.

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 07/16/2012 10:54 am

I have also used lavender oil, lemon oil, tea tree oil, and honey to try and improve my acne in any way. I did these for about three months and they helps only with my symptoms, but did not help to clearing my acne in anyway. I do love the tee tree oil, however after using that since February I did not see results so I needed another solution for my skin. I am pretty sure that I have a resistant form of acne or something because nothing seemed to be working haha. I have tried everything except accutane. I am afraid of accutane because of all the side affects that it has so right now I am going to stay put with this regimen. I just have to have it in me to not give up. It is so easy to just give up and i hate that!!

MemberMember
(@mystory)

Posted : 07/16/2012 7:02 pm

Goodluck!!! I've started today as well. Let's pray this work for both of us :)

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 07/16/2012 9:20 pm

Alrighty!!!! lets go through this together! we can do it!

MemberMember
(@onefatalgoose)

Posted : 07/16/2012 9:49 pm

Well I was on a dairy free diet for about two months because I heard a lot about it being contributed to severe acne and everything but I saw absolutely no improvement. it got worse in fact. Now I am eating healthily and eating whole grains and the whole bit.

It's good you are making an effort to change your diet. Whole grains are one of those things that we've been brainwashed into believing are healthy. They contain gluten and anything with gluten in it isn't good for people with acne. They're also hard to digest and are very harsh on your intestinal tract.

I'd stick to not consuming dairy for many reasons, and you can substitute with coconut milk or almond milk or rice milk. Also have you cut out refined sugars? Table salt? Vegetable oils? Processed foods like bread and canned crap? Those are good things to start eliminating

You can get fats from fruits and vegetables like avocado and coconut. Also omega 3's are great, and a great source of them is in Chia seeds, Kiwi seeds, Flax seeds, and Hemp seeds. You can purchase these already ground up for you and mix them into a fruit smoothie or anything really. But basically a whole foods diet is the best way to go. Also if you're looking for an alternative for a topical solution i'd suggest trying this

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/316478-green-teasea-salt-toner-effective-and-easy-to-make/

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 07/17/2012 11:46 am

Well I went off both dairy and wheat for months and months and there was no improvement. Knowing my body I know what they were not a culprit of my acne. I know why many people have sensitivities to either dairy or gluten or even both but after being off them both for months and seeing absolutely nothing I really can say that they have nothing to do with it. I eat both is moderation now, but I eat little dairy. I do not drink soda, I don't eat fast food at all, and if I do it is like once every few months! I make most of my food and i don't like the canned foods because they taste so bad from being soaked in preservatives and sitting on the shovels the the grocery stores. So my diet is pretty good compared to the way I see other people eating around myself.

I think I either have the P acne (the bacteria that causes acne) overgrowth in my body or my sebaceous glands ( the glands that produce that oils in our body) is working on overload. It could also be a hormonal issue because I have tested that with a derm yet.

I have yet to see what is the true cause of my acne.

Thank you for replying, your advise is very important.

MemberMember
(@onefatalgoose)

Posted : 07/17/2012 9:54 pm

Do you think you're going to give the omega 3's a shot? As far as consuming ground/sprouted Chia, Flax, Kiwi, or Hemp seeds? Many people on this forum have gotten rid of their acne just by consuming these in good amounts. Maybe it's worth a shot for you

MemberMember
(@justsomeguy44)

Posted : 07/17/2012 9:58 pm

good luck!

it's a very long road. but things should definitely start to look up before school starts.

Arizona summer's get very intense. you probably already knew that. just wear a moisturizer with lots of SPF.

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 07/18/2012 9:38 am

Do you think you're going to give the omega 3's a shot? As far as consuming ground/sprouted Chia, Flax, Kiwi, or Hemp seeds? Many people on this forum have gotten rid of their acne just by consuming these in good amounts. Maybe it's worth a shot for you

I will. I am also taking fish oil. But I will try this to try and speed up my process for get rid of acne. Thank You. 🙂

good luck!

it's a very long road. but things should definitely start to look up before school starts.

Arizona summer's get very intense. you probably already knew that. just wear a moisturizer with lots of SPF.

Hey! yes the summers here is crazy hot! 🙁 Thanks for the support! I really means a lot when people are trying to help you. It makes it harder to quit! 🙂

Clear skin, here I come.

MemberMember
(@onefatalgoose)

Posted : 07/18/2012 12:06 pm

I will. I am also taking fish oil. But I will try this to try and speed up my process for get rid of acne. Thank You. smile.png

Great, I think you will notice a big difference when you do. Especially if you are consistent with the seed intake in your diet.

Regarding the fish oil, I stopped taking them a long time ago because I found out that most of them are rancid by the time you consume them, and can actually do more harm than good. This isn't a scholarly article, but it's one that I think you should read in regards to fish oil consumption. Hope this helps

http://www.kimberlysnyder.net/blog/2012/02/21/the-shocking-truth-about-fish-oil-supplements/

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 07/18/2012 12:30 pm

It is so hard to know what ti eat and what not to eat and supplements and everything !ahhhh!

MemberMember
(@mystory)

Posted : 07/18/2012 4:30 pm

It is so hard to know what ti eat and what not to eat and supplements and everything !ahhhh!

I agree, I drives me insane to try and attribute what I eat to my breakouts. I don't know how certain people get clear doing that.

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 07/18/2012 5:02 pm

I agree, I drives me insane to try and attribute what I eat to my breakouts. I don't know how certain people get clear doing that.

Yes, I have found that isolating the foods that trigger acne is like the most difficult thing I can do. Like nothing works, and if it does, don't worry because like a week or two later acne is bacccckkkk! So blah. The regimen will cure us no doubt.

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 07/18/2012 11:37 pm

Oh my goodness! I just came from summer school and guess what I literally got 8 new pimples in a matter of hours :( how discouraging. Face is dry, flaky, painful, and looks gross. I know all this is going to happen but man does it suck. Really makes you just want to suit everything honestly, but that of course it not an option of me. Well Goodnight everyone.

MemberMember
(@onefatalgoose)

Posted : 07/19/2012 1:01 pm

Face is dry, flaky, painful, and looks gross.

Ok, this is the last thing i'm going to say in regards to what you do. I've told countless people this, and will continue to tell people this. And i know from 6 years experience of using harsh chemical washes and benzoyl peroxide creams. Your face should never, ever become dry, flaky, or painful when using anything topically. And people who tell you to just stick it out because you're in a purging phase are misinforming you. Your skin is reacting badly, bottom line, and it may or may not eventually become tolerant enough to withstand the constant slathering of chemicals on your face. But it will never become the healthy skin you are hoping for

This is why i only use 100% natural ingredients on my face. And natural ingredients can be just as powerful as chemicals, in the right concentrations. That toner i told you about uses green tea which has proven to be as effective as Benzoyl Peroxide at high enough concentrations. And benzoyl peroxide is the main acne fighter in the Regimen.

You are obviously free to do what you will, but if you were coming up to me and asking if you should use chemicals on your face, I would tell you 'hell no' every time

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 07/19/2012 2:06 pm

The thing is I have tried using the green tea toner. I have also tried an apple cider vinegar toner, and a chamomile tea toner, and a tea tree toner. Each again for months with absolutely no results. I also have heard that green tea work basically the same as Benzoyl Peroxide but results are never there. I have went to two holistic doctors and the last thing they told me that I have a resistant form of acne and they could not figure out why my skin was not reacting to everything natural that they were suggesting. There were so many people they cured of acne so that was why that was the first thing I tried since my acne became severe. One doctor said that I might have Pyoderma Faciale. It affects women 19-40 and if you do not know what it is, it is a rare skin condition causing severe outbreaks of inflamed nodules and cysts on the face that come out of the blue. I have a feeling that I might have this because my acne became severe in a matter of two weeks form having pretty much clear skin my whole life. There is no cure that is said to be found, but it has been said that I goes away on its own within a year or two as suddenly as it came. I might have this. I do not know for sure. My skin is strange.

MemberMember
(@mystory)

Posted : 07/19/2012 8:49 pm

hey girl, wanted to give you my words of encouragement! I'm off to do the night time regimen.

I noticed you wrote that you broke out on the fourth day, I know how terrible that must feel, but I think it can take a while to stop breaking out. Hang in there! Also, maybe you should think about doing it once a day like me to start? So far I think I like this because I'm not "killing" my skin. I'm only did it twice a day on one of the 4 days, I think I might continue doing it like that (on and off twice vs. once).

Hope you are feeling ok!

Talk tomorrow :)

MemberMember
(@kruza)

Posted : 07/20/2012 12:22 am

I've been on Dan's regimen for a few years now. I had cystic acne around my jaw and temple area. What worked BEST for me was that I noticed if I used the full 2 pumps that Dan recommends, then my skin gets extremely irritating. I used about 1 pump for my entire face or just enough to create a nice thin film over my face. Then I would moisturize. FInd the right balance for your skin and lifestyle, this is extremely important. This took about 3 month before I saw the results that I wanted.

What Dan fails to mention is that this regimen just subdues acne. Once you stop the regimen then there is a high probability that your acne will return and with revenge. The crappy thing about topical treatments is that you have to leave them on ALL day which will destroys your skin. I switched over to a 5% benzoyl peroxide wash which I use day and night.

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 07/20/2012 12:33 pm

hey girl, wanted to give you my words of encouragement! I'm off to do the night time regimen.

I noticed you wrote that you broke out on the fourth day, I know how terrible that must feel, but I think it can take a while to stop breaking out. Hang in there! Also, maybe you should think about doing it once a day like me to start? So far I think I like this because I'm not "killing" my skin. I'm only did it twice a day on one of the 4 days, I think I might continue doing it like that (on and off twice vs. once).

Hope you are feeling ok!

Talk tomorrow smile.png

Thank you for your kind words 🙂 Tomorrow will be a week on the regimen. The drying and flaking is doing great ever since in incorporated the jojoba oil and put about 6-8 drops in my moisturizer before I applied it to my face. I would do it once a day, but I am really trying to stick to Dan's Regimen exactly how he says. Also since my skin as been doing better with the bp because it was getting used to it, I ramped up the bp to like a full pump. So far no real difference with my dryness, especially since i started using the jojoba oil. I want to get to the full amount in about 2-3 weeks as long as my skin is getting along with the bp because MANY people say the best results come from the time that they begun using the full amount of bp. So all is good for now 🙂 Thanks again.

How is you skin going? And how long have you been on the regimen now?

I've been on Dan's regimen for a few years now. I had cystic acne around my jaw and temple area. What worked BEST for me was that I noticed if I used the full 2 pumps that Dan recommends, then my skin gets extremely irritating. I used about 1 pump for my entire face or just enough to create a nice thin film over my face. Then I would moisturize. FInd the right balance for your skin and lifestyle, this is extremely important. This took about 3 month before I saw the results that I wanted.

What Dan fails to mention is that this regimen just subdues acne. Once you stop the regimen then there is a high probability that your acne will return and with revenge. The crappy thing about topical treatments is that you have to leave them on ALL day which will destroys your skin. I switched over to a 5% benzoyl peroxide wash which I use day and night.

I know that there is no topical cure to acne which sucks but is true 🙁 But yes after some time following the directions Dans wants us to do exactly I am going to then adjust everything to the needs of my skin. I hope that after my skin clears more that maybe a can go down to applying it once a day or just not using as much as two pumps. Hopefully things with get better soon. When did you start noticing that your skin stopped breaking out?

MemberMember
(@mystory)

Posted : 07/20/2012 5:05 pm

thereisalwayshope, are you experiencing really bad burning when doing the regimen? I just wrote about this on my topic, my skin was burning SO much last night.

Do you know if this is normal?