Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
teresa*

Due To Be Starting On Accutane...

Hey, Im going to a dermatologist soon with the view of starting on accutane. Ive been reading about it online and on this site. Ive read how it makes the pores shrink... well I just wondered what happens to the clogged pores of black heads etc do the shrink/close up keeping all that junk inside or does it just kinda dry up and go to the surface?!

I have moderate acne and tried a few antibiotics over the years which have helped but not resolved the acne.

I personally havent heard that accutane shrinks pores, I figure if you have large pores, thats genetics and not much you can do about it. You can keep them mega clean though, and that would reduce their appearance.

I am about a month into accutane on a low dose, and it definitely pushes all that crap out! I now hardly have any black heads on my nose and they are starting to come out of my forehead too. It's kind of grim.

So yeh, it pushes it all out.

Good luck at your derm appointment :)

I personally havent heard that accutane shrinks pores

Actually, it does (for some people anyway)

While on accutane, pores, especially on your nose, can all but dissapear. Other pores shrink as well, due to not having much in them during treatment.

Downside is, your pores go back to normal size once you are done :(

And yes, after a few weeks in, all the sebum is pushed out of your pores before shrinking/closing.