Notifications
Clear all

Banana Peels For Healing Acne?

MemberMember
(@breakthehabit8)

Posted : 07/13/2012 9:20 am

What do you guys think about this? I think I'm gonna try it while I wait for the spironolactone to (hopefully) work. It can't hurt, right? I'm curious to know if anyone has tried this, or if you do try it, let me know what happens! I'll post updates, too.

[Removed]

[Removed]

MemberMember
(@girl22)

Posted : 07/13/2012 10:39 am

Wow sounds incredible, never heard of that before. Please Update us about how it works on you. Im pretty sure it wont hurt since its a natural 'product'.

MemberMember
(@daftfrost)

Posted : 07/13/2012 11:36 am

Or... it just healed on it's own like every other acne naturally.

MemberMember
(@vinchenzo)

Posted : 07/13/2012 12:34 pm

I read some where that rubbing a banana peel on a bruise helps fade the colour of it.

MemberMember
(@thechosen1)

Posted : 07/14/2012 9:27 pm

I've heard they help make mosquito bites stop itching. I think it might help acne. I don't think it could hurt.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 07/14/2012 10:34 pm

Interesting. I eat a ton of bananas, so I should try this the next time I have some sort of breakout. I'm always looking for new natural skin care ideas, so thank you!

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 07/16/2012 12:47 pm

Okay, I just tried this for the first time on a minor breakout, plus on the places where I still have old acne scars. I can't speak for its effectiveness yet, but it was incredibly soothing! Especially since I used a banana that I'd had in the fridge so the peel was still cool.

Or... it just healed on it's own like every other acne naturally.

I've never had a breakout that healed in 4 days. If you have, yours must be pretty mild. When my skin was at its worst, I would get eruptions that would last for MONTHS...so for a breakout to go from red and inflamed to completely gone in 4 days is pretty good if you ask me.

MemberMember
(@breakthehabit8)

Posted : 07/16/2012 11:45 pm

I've tried using the banana peel thing for several nights now, and I agree with dejaclairevoyant, it's very soothing. It seems to decrease the swelling and redness some. Possibly even helped a little with hyperpigmentation? We'll see... I'm going to keep using it since it's so cheap, and I eat a lot of bananas. rolleyes.gif

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 07/17/2012 10:17 am

Yeah, I don't want to speak too soon, but this seems to be having a good effect on my skin. :)

MemberMember
(@uncle-buck)

Posted : 07/17/2012 10:27 pm

Banana Peels can contribute to acne and stress if you're an unfortunate victim in Mario Kart.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 07/17/2012 10:46 pm

Hahahaha!

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 07/19/2012 6:15 pm

Actually, I may be retracting my original statement. I think the banana peels may be making my skin break out, lol.

It's interesting, actually. Because I've wondered for awhile now if I may be allergic to bananas. It sucks, I eat a lot of them because they are cheap, but they don't always make me feel great.

MemberMember
(@the-hornet)

Posted : 01/27/2013 2:01 pm

So has anyone else tried this? Ive got some on my face now, feels soothing as others have said. All Ive seen is good reports from others after using this for 3 - 4 days, on other website articles. But if it is supposedly so good, why have I only just heard about it today?

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 01/27/2013 2:15 pm

Ah, this thread again. I came to the conclusion that this was doing absolutely nothing for my skin in the long run, by the way. So don't bother sitting there rubbing peels on your face. It's a waste of time.

MemberMember
(@the-hornet)

Posted : 01/27/2013 2:50 pm

Ah, this thread again. I came to the conclusion that this was doing absolutely nothing for my skin in the long run, by the way. So don't bother sitting there rubbing peels on your face. It's a waste of time.

How many days did you try it for? I see that it is only effective after using it for 3 - 4 days.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 01/27/2013 5:46 pm

I did it multiple times a day for at least two weeks and then got bored and gave up. It feels nice on your skin but doesn't stop or heal acne enough to be worth sitting there rubbing your face with banana peels like a loon all day.