Notifications
Clear all

Help Please My Acne Is 10X Worse Than Before!(Pics)

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 07/12/2012 1:15 pm

I'm on day 18 of sotret and the derm told me that I will get an IB but I never tought it will be like this.....i mean OMG MY ACNE IS 10 TIMES WORSE THAN IT WAS!!!WHAT HAPPENT?should i stop the accutane please HELP

MemberMember
(@ballgame29)

Posted : 07/12/2012 2:03 pm

when did you notice it getting worse? When did your IB start? What was your acne like prior to starting Accutane?

MemberMember
(@mysterytutor)

Posted : 07/12/2012 2:07 pm

That looks really bad. I suggest you call your doctor right away and ask him/her if this is common and I suggest you do a little more research into the side effects of this drug meanwhile I think you should use some sort of natural topical to help acne from the outside such as Benzoyl Peroxide, Salicylic Acid or Tea Tree Oil.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 07/12/2012 2:08 pm

If you have really bad acne underneath, accutane can bring all of this to the surface like that.

You need a leave-on cream with an active ingredient to help combat the bacteria on your skin right now. I need to stress LEAVE-ON cream, not a cleanser. A cleanser is not on your skin long enough to do you much good.

I would recommend applying the cream morning and night. Benzoyl peroxide or a topical antibiotic from your dermatologist is your best bet.

Also don't be afraid to gently scrape off the whiteheads on the top of your skin with a wet washcloth. There is no need for pus to sit on top of your skin.

MemberMember
(@murph89)

Posted : 07/12/2012 2:28 pm

I would call and say you need to come in ASAP. That does not look right.

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 07/12/2012 2:34 pm

when did you notice it getting worse? When did your IB start? What was your acne like prior to starting Accutane?

About a week ago , worse by day.

My IB started after the first week.

My acne was severe cystic but never like this.

That looks really bad. I suggest you call your doctor right away and ask him/her if this is common and I suggest you do a little more research into the side effects of this drug meanwhile I think you should use some sort of natural topical to help acne from the outside such as Benzoyl Peroxide, Salicylic Acid or Tea Tree Oil.

I'm using ERYFUILD as my dermatologist told me it's something like ZINERYT .

If you have really bad acne underneath, accutane can bring all of this to the surface like that.

You need a leave-on cream with an active ingredient to help combat the bacteria on your skin right now. I need to stress LEAVE-ON cream, not a cleanser. A cleanser is not on your skin long enough to do you much good.

I would recommend applying the cream morning and night. Benzoyl peroxide or a topical antibiotic from your dermatologist is your best bet.

Also don't be afraid to gently scrape off the whiteheads on the top of your skin with a wet washcloth. There is no need for pus to sit on top of your skin.

Well i guess I had a lot of acne underneath , it's okay to say "had" I mean it is even posible to have more??

I'm using ERYFUILD for the inflamation and flare.

I would call and say you need to come in ASAP. That does not look right.

I did he put me on antibiotics for 4-7 days -.- and he said then we can continuie with accutane but I'm in day 3 of antibiotic already and I just wanted some second thoughts

MemberMember
(@syn1122)

Posted : 07/12/2012 3:24 pm

could be an reaction to the new treatment you had, or i means the baterica is coming now to the surface because of the treatment and is dying out im not sure.

MemberMember
(@booyahh321)

Posted : 07/12/2012 4:00 pm

you could be allergic to accutane?

http://www.youtube.com/user/ImpactedBurrito/videos

check out his videos your situation is kinda similar to his.

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 07/13/2012 1:04 am

could be an reaction to the new treatment you had, or i means the baterica is coming now to the surface because of the treatment and is dying out im not sure.

1/2 is for sure.

you could be allergic to accutane?

http://www.youtube.c...dBurrito/videos

check out his videos your situation is kinda similar to his.

Can u find out what he did to treat the allergic reaction because i saw a picture of him now and he probably continue to accutane.

MemberMember
(@syn1122)

Posted : 07/13/2012 1:07 am

there was a guy on youtube who had like massive breakout after accutane he was put to intensive care not sure if you still can find his video on youtube but it did kinda look like that.

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 07/13/2012 1:31 am

Yes I know that guy but i don't think it's a allergic reaction because :

1.It's been 18 days before it get that worse , if u are allergic to something u get the symptoms right away or in a few days not in 18 days.

2.My forehead,chest and back are 100% clear if I had an allergic reaction to the medicine I'll be covered in acne all over my body.

3.An allergic reaction to accutane it's very rare.

So I think I had this acne underneath , what do you guys think?

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 07/13/2012 9:44 am

Guys , someone?

MemberMember
(@bodyandsoul)

Posted : 07/13/2012 10:56 am

So sorry this is happening to you. I'd definitely go back to the derm and express your concern! My derm told me that if I had a bad initial breakout that she could prescribe a steroid like Prednisone.

~bodyandsoul

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 07/13/2012 11:18 am

So sorry this is happening to you. I'd definitely go back to the derm and express your concern! My derm told me that if I had a bad initial breakout that she could prescribe a steroid like Prednisone.

~bodyandsoul

Thank you so much for ur info it really helped me , I will tell my derm to give me a steroid.

But u think it's a bad IB right , not something like an allergic reaction please tell me is not an allergic reaction x.x

MemberMember
(@bodyandsoul)

Posted : 07/13/2012 12:17 pm

~bodyandsoul

Thank you so much for ur info it really helped me , I will tell my derm to give me a steroid.

But u think it's a bad IB right , not something like an allergic reaction please tell me is not an allergic reaction x.x

I really have no idea as I'm not a Dr. I'm only relaying what my derm told me what she would do if I had a bad initial breakout. Talk to your derm asap is my recommendation. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@legittrenace)

Posted : 07/15/2012 7:48 pm

Dude my IB was pretty bad like this and it happened on the same exact day as you. Day 18 was the day I woke up and just had acne everywhere. From what I've heard it's caused by the accutane shrinking the oil glands and it causes everything to come to the surface. If you had a lot of stuff waiting underneath then it hits you hard. A month later though and I've improved so much so don't get discouraged and keep taking your pills! I think most derms will give you some emergency topicals and anti-biotics if your breakout is this bad so just give him a call.

Pretty sure it's not an allergic reaction ;-]

MemberMember
(@lastditcheffort)

Posted : 07/16/2012 8:56 am

I would also just think it's the infamous initial breakout. I mean your face doesn't look as it has deep cysts at all, it just looks like something is really trying to get out. So my guess is that it's all that nasty stuff you had under your skin waiting to surface, and now with accutane all that surfaced at the same time. Check with your derm tho :)

Dude my IB was pretty bad like this and it happened on the same exact day as you. Day 18 was the day I woke up and just had acne everywhere.

I'm on my day 18 right now :DD God I'm nervous to wake up tomorrow..

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 07/17/2012 1:21 am

Thanks you guys!

The situation improved already , buy my derm put me on antibiotics for 8 days and i need to stop the accutane that time -.-.

U think it will affect my course somehow?

MemberMember
(@savannahjonaccutane)

Posted : 07/17/2012 12:28 pm

Hey sweetheart. No don't u worry its just all the gunk coming to the surface stopping for the 8 days wont really mess up your course 😉

MemberMember
(@followyourbliss)

Posted : 07/18/2012 1:41 am

My IB was really bad, not quite as bad as yours but I broke out all over for a LONG time. I've never really had acne on my cheeks ever and they were covered during the IB. I'm 4 months post-accutane now though and all the scars and everything faded! Stick it out! It will be worth it!! Just be prepared, the IB can last a veryyyy long time :\ (I was on 80mg a day for 8 months, it took that long to work)

MemberMember
(@jennyband)

Posted : 07/18/2012 9:13 am

hi there! don't lose faith! take a look at my log. my ib came on like a fever that wouldn't break BOTH times i've taken accutane. My derm said i'm just one of those unlucky people, some are really sensitive to accutane and have bad flare ups. mine were the deep cystic kind, yours looks quite sore but i think you'll have really fantastic results! i'm currently on a second course but my derm gave me prednisone and it was really really helpful! currently in month five and doing much better, nothing active. i know what your going through but just know that it gets SO MUCH BETTER. try using jojoba oil as well, it really helps. lots of love.

JB

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 07/19/2012 9:11 am

Hey sweetheart. No don't u worry its just all the gunk coming to the surface stopping for the 8 days wont really mess up your course 😉

Thank you for support<3

My IB was really bad, not quite as bad as yours but I broke out all over for a LONG time. I've never really had acne on my cheeks ever and they were covered during the IB. I'm 4 months post-accutane now though and all the scars and everything faded! Stick it out! It will be worth it!! Just be prepared, the IB can last a veryyyy long time :\ (I was on 80mg a day for 8 months, it took that long to work)

But still if I have an IB that means the medicine will work right?

hi there! don't lose faith! take a look at my log. my ib came on like a fever that wouldn't break BOTH times i've taken accutane. My derm said i'm just one of those unlucky people, some are really sensitive to accutane and have bad flare ups. mine were the deep cystic kind, yours looks quite sore but i think you'll have really fantastic results! i'm currently on a second course but my derm gave me prednisone and it was really really helpful! currently in month five and doing much better, nothing active. i know what your going through but just know that it gets SO MUCH BETTER. try using jojoba oil as well, it really helps. lots of love.

JB

Thanks for you're kindness it's really helpfull!

I asked my derm to give me prednisone but he said 2 courses of antibiotic should do it

Today I have an appoment with him hope he puts me back on accutane!

I will try the jojoba oil , thanks!

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 07/19/2012 9:16 am

......Call your derm and come in Asap........... Hope you'll get better soon...keep fighting and keep faith!!!!!! Were all here for you.....

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 07/20/2012 12:48 am

My derm finally put me on predinose 20 mg and an stronger antibiotic 2000mg a day, so that's 2020 mg of medicine daily , it can't fail this time lol...

I will make photos in 7 days with my progress!

Thanks for support!

MemberMember
(@jennyband)

Posted : 07/20/2012 1:10 am

My derm finally put me on predinose 20 mg and an stronger antibiotic 2000mg a day, so that's 2020 mg of medicine daily , it can't fail this time lol...

I will make photos in 7 days with my progress!

Thanks for support!

no fail! all the best love we're cheering for you.

JB