Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Just another teenager

Pleaaaase Help :( ! [Pics Included]

Wai Diet.

Just washing your face with low mineral bottled water instead of tap water, and stop using soap and topicals, will have a tremendous effect, believe me... your skin looks quite irritated (from tap water and topicals), specially the forehead.

Edited by OlympusMons

What have you tried upto now and how long did you try it for ?

pills (forgot their names) but no accutane or any other serious ones.

i tried proactiv, sebamed, clearasil, cetaphil, garnier, tea tree oil and many other products that i can't quite remember tbh. its been almost 10 months dealing with this.

most of them just made it worst for me.

Wai Diet.

Just washing your face with low mineral bottled water instead of tap water, and stop using soap and topicals, will have a tremendous effect, believe me... your skin looks quite irritated (from tap water and topicals), specially the forehead.

but my face gets really oily :/ .. i hope stopping soaps and all will really do help sad.png I've been using 15% tea tree oil every night , do i continue with that?

Edited by Just another teenager

Why dont you see your dermatologist and suggest using something such as Duac once daily gel? Or if it's cheaper for your insurance, (if you have it) get Benzaclin. Either way, a Clindamycin/Benzoyl Peroxide combination always works well. It takes a while to see really great results, but it works none the less.

It's not a permanent solution there, but it will definitely provide you some relief for maybe a year or two.

Go to a derm! And stick to a topical and whatever they give you for 4 weeks until your follow up. That water method is BS. It only works for some people. And i find tree tea oil but nothing but irritation and redness. Stop using it. Dermatological products will work better and produce long term effects and results. It's just trial and error. Get yourself to a derm!

Edited by Murph89

10 months is not that long. If you've tried that many produts in 10 months, you didn't try any of them for long enough to see results.

You need to pick one and stick with it for a few months before you can say they didn't work for you. Especially if you took "pills" which I'm guessing are birth control pills.

Edited by Green Gables

if you are on accutane it will make it redder but its killing the bacteria , go see your dermo see what your options are maybe he will give you differen or BP or some antibotics,

but my face gets really oily :/ .. i hope stopping soaps and all will really do help sad.png I've been using 15% tea tree oil every night , do i continue with that?

Soaps can make your face more oily than it naturally is. Soaps dry your facial skin, therefore it produces more oil, what can end up in producing too much oil.

Tea tree is a strong product, it will irritate. But if you don't do Wai Diet you'll keep on having acne, so, if you don't do Wai Diet, I'd recommend using a topical ONLY right on your zits, and in little amounts (it's enought). This way, the irritation will be much less. Tea tre oil, BP 2.5%, salicylic acid, etc. The most basic products are the best (never do antibiotics).

Oh: and don't believe in derms. All they want is to make you try new products, and new products, as they make loads of money out of it. I've been there. I've been to 4 derms for acne, and they were all the same. Some would even recommend me new products each time I went to them... Believe me, total mafia. But I'm not gonna argue on this anymore, each person believes what he/she wants, and I believe personal experience is the best way to learn.

i have tried all i could as well. if you can, go to as possible clean diet and all that stuff in nutrition section, but you need to do something topically anyway, esp if that detox is going on and since everything looses effect sooner or later so then i guess just switching/rotating between different products (or natural remedies, whatever is your preference) all the time while trying to pick the better ones from whats available, without fragrance, parabens etc but dont have to go too deep in ingredients imo, i think its minimal difference unless you have allergy to something specifically or so

basically cleanse and moisturise or cleanse, treat and moisturise. occasional masks and steaming etc. whatever you do just dont leave face greasy, dirty or dried out

until theres a cure all we can do is keep trying out other things again and again >_>