Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anyone given up on the idea of ever having a relationship with a member of the opposite sex? If so, how do you deal with this? I expect some people with deformities or certain illnesses have to deal with this.

i had pretty much given up on girls almost completely when my gf i have right now came out of the blue and whipped me in a matter of a couple days.. biggrin.gif

so cheer up man, love could be around any corner....

i did in fact. i know this is a touchy subject for guys, but im openly aware of my whipped-ness and am willing to admit it.....its works in tandem though, she feels the same way bout me' biggrin.gif

Yeah, you will find love in the strangest of places and when your least looking for it. If you go searching for it then you'll never find it - it'll find you.

I found mine when I was having a cup of coffee in the canteen in work when I saw this most georgous girl looking at me. It continued for about a week - both of us looking at each other sitting at opposite ends of the canteen until she eventually made the first move...luckily she did cos I don't know what I'd do without her now, even if she is on the other side of the country.

Sweet, innit...

Hmm, yeah I'm probably not going to find a girl because I have compunded acne scars, I don't work out, I don't really approach women in a flirty way because I know I'd look like an ass. Also, I'm Asian, and I don't think I have low selection of nice asian women in the US. And getting a whitegirl or something is probably even harder. Oh wellz

Well, I'm in a relationship and I think before it was hard to be in one. Cause' i though no guy will go out with a girl with acne. But, that didn't stop my love to admit that he love me. Even with acne...I still found my true love. We share the same pain. And we love each other.

If you give up on that. That's not a good option. You need someone who would listen to your problems, who always their to make you happy. If you have that all of your worries about yourself would go away. Selfish of me to say that I have lots of support with my boyfriend. He tells me that I look beautiful even though he saw me last week with my scaling face when I was on the regimen. My boyfriend had seen me in my worse ways, and he still he says I look beautiful.

Anywho, there's plenty people who have good hearts and no matter how you look like, you can find someone special. I think personality is the main key of fiding someone you would start a relationship with. If you find someone who is nice, maybe that person could be the one.

wub.gif I'm just sharing my experience....

lol, Elsa...i thought yupps name ::1WhippedMom:: refferred to someone who uhhh....you...might...know???? ok maybe im totally wrong.

anywhoo....yes im a whippedman. im a man whos whipped. but you know what???

I LOVE IT biggrin.gif

well yes i think i do have a pretty addictive personality, or maybe its just the chizzled studliness that = me. rofl.

im glad to hear that from you wizard, that your gf is on the other side of the country and that you 2 are still together. i thought 3.5 hours away in the same state was bad enough.....

lol, im half asian half white so well no problems in getting a girl of which race whatsoever. Though I already have one, pure azian one whom I met in azia! Before this i had a white(blond) girl. There is so much difference between them but of course that has to do where they grew up.

Love is no problem even if ya got scars like me. Sometimes i think its man a like. Rough, tough scars! who cares man. really skin means not much when it comes to love. trust me on that my asian brother.

Yeah, you will find love in the strangest of places and when your least looking for it. If you go searching for it then you'll never find it - it'll find you.

I found mine when I was having a cup of coffee in the canteen in work when I saw this most georgous girl looking at me. It continued for about a week - both of us looking at each other sitting at opposite ends of the canteen until she eventually made the first move...luckily she did cos I don't know what I'd do without her now, even if she is on the other side of the country.

Sweet, innit...

Oh I'm not depressed about this. I used to be, but after 8 or 9 years with the same problem something has to give, and you kinda get used to it. I think it's nice most people here are optimistic and haven't given up, or have found someone. That's nice.

I know how you feel, i wouldn't say i've given up finding someone, i mean i still try, but deep down i always know it's never going to work out. I think i need to find someone who's been through what i have and can relate to me. Anyway hopefully i can improve my scars to a point where i have a decent level of confidence, i often think about how good things would be if this happens, let's just hope it becomes reality...

the thing is life is completely unpredictable eusa_think.gif you just dont know whats gonna happen.But i completely agree with Elsa when she says you need to love yourself first, because i believe thats more important than someon else falling for you!! dont think that it wont happen because thats normally when it does happen,when you least expect it!! lol.gif

Ive given up, if thats the term, while im still a total headcase. I tell myself that my current state of patheticness is temporary, and thus can live with it, "live" being somewhat generous a term.

survive, more likely.

it's possible elsa and headcase are right. have confidence. love you first and then you'll just attract more positive energy with what you are giving out. it'll happen my friends, if you believe and put some effort in. ask and ye shall receive. maybe not the first time but it will happen.

just picture yourself in a "potential" situation.

if you can see yourself doing it, chances are you can..

its strange dude...i saw my gf come into my work once...and i was totally like "damn i would love to date a girl like that" so i acted confident around her and smiled at her and stuff..

a couple days later...she came back. and everthing started. best time of my life. just like that, everything changed. i totally percieved myself in a diff light....

my point?? act like your already there, then things will happen possibly.