Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
amnesiac

Peels and acne

Well i reecently have a problem with blackheads on my skin, i did 2 salycilic acide peels and they didn't help much with either acne or blackheads, i would say they even gave me more clogged pores and blackheads.

I have a few red marks left from that breakout, i have a TCA complex wich i have used 2 times now with good results, does anyone know if using a TCA peel while having blackheads and 2 or 3 pimples be a bad idea?

I really want to even my complexion.

Thanks

Hi, what was the strength and brand of the salicylic acid peels? Have you recently started using any other products that may clog pores? You really should solve that before working on the red marks.

Doesn't make any sense to me. eusa_think.gif Do you mean you have been applying copper peptides for quite some time and you have not had blocked pores until you started the SA peels??

Copper peptides clogged my pores-- I stopped using them because of the blackheads, and, eventually, the inflammation. Maybe that's the culprit.

I used Regular CP serum and broke out from that too. CP causes inflammation at first which for some can lead to other problems, breakouts

You could maybe consider having the blackheads extracted by an aesthetician. I have used lactic acid peels for a while and haven't found they have much effect on removing blackheads, and the extraction was the only thing that got rid of them for me. I feel so much better now they're gone.

I agree with the other posters that you should try and get rid of the acne problem before trying TCA - some people have found TCA can aggravate breakouts initially, so you'd be better off ensuring you are clear before pursuing this course of action.