Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wza

Sudden Outbreaks, any ideas?

I've been in college about a month now, and about a week and a half ago began getting horrible breakouts- the type of zits I haven't seen on my face in about 2years. Everything is the same, regimen 2x a day and a topical antibiotic which have kept me pretty much clear for most of highschool. Even when I'd get the occasional zit it wouldn't be large whiteheads and painful cysts like I am seeing now. Does anyone have any advice or any idea of what could be causing these breakouts?

Thank you for your time.

Are you girl? Don't want to be foward. Having your period could make you break out. It happens to me.

Are you still on the regimen? Please more information.

Guest Captain Chaos

Did you change any of your products?

Maybe your body has got used to the antibiotic?

No, im a guy.. Haven't changed any products for about 2 years now.. These breakouts are quite frustrating... The stress could be a factor but could stress really make me go from the occasional zit to a serious breakout with both whiteheads and cysts?

I have the exact same situation! I thought I had everything under control, but all of a sudden I got an outbreak! Antibiotics, BP, I've been taking all that stuff for a while. I'm thinking it's my diet.

yeah, that's what I'm leaning towards... I actually think its due to the amount of sugar-filled drinks I've been drinking.. So I'm seeing if only drinking 100%pure orange juice and water will change the situation.. I'll let you know : )

Hey, I made a post about this about a month ago. Im in the same boat. Was totally clear over the summer from the regimen, but since movin to college, my skin has been horrible.

Its now starting to get better. Ive cut back on soda definately. Dan said humidity may be a factor (it's quite humid in Ohio with unairconditioned dorms). Im not sure it was stress cause Ive just starting feeling the stress factor with not too much of a problem.

I have noticed that Ive been getting small bumps on the areas of my face where I have horrible habits of resting my head in my hand during boring lectures. Im really trying to stop that.

Just stick to the regimen. And even though people say it has no effect... seriously try to have a good diet with little soda. Whenever I start drinking lots of soda I always break out.

Let us know how things progress!

Yeah I think it could just be the change of living conditions between home and college... If it is the weather like you suggested, there's nothing I can do because it was extremely hot and humid when I arrived here, but I didn't start to breakout until last week when the weather cooled down and humidity dropped. Odd huh?