Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Montana

rolling or depressed?

read the faq. depressed usually occurs at an area where there was a breakout. The body couldn't make enough colgeenn to restore the wounds and the skin looks like a depression . the skin part thats depressed is lower than than your normal surrounding skin (lack of colagen)

Mostly within a year they will dissapear. (do get your vitamins, can't say that enough)

oh yea rolling usually stay, although they fade.

Rolling scars give the skin an undulating or wavy appearance. Most acne scars are "depressed" also known as atrophic. It just means they are sunken in. Therefore rolling scars are also, in fact depressed scars. The FAQ has some decent descriptions.

read the faq. depressed usually occurs at an area where there was a breakout. The body couldn't make enough colgeenn to restore the wounds and the skin looks like a depression . the skin part thats depressed is lower than than your normal surrounding skin (lack of colagen)

Mostly within a year they will dissapear. (do get your vitamins, can't say that enough)

oh yea rolling usually stay, although they fade.

I never knew there was a difference between 'depressed' and rolling scars. hmm eusa_think.gif

Yours look quite mild. They'll probobly look less noticeable once the red marks are gone.

well, they will fade some for sure, the redness will go away and a bit depression will be less. those are for sure, but don't worry so much. There is so much on the market, from laser to peelings. If your not on accutane you could go with a nice glycolic peeling. Don't worry mine is way worse. I have similair skin as you (azian/ white mix )

eat your veggies do some peeling and bet you have a nice lookin skin by the end of next year. Don't worry bub smile.gif

I never knew there was a difference between 'depressed' and rolling scars. hmm  eusa_think.gif

Yours look quite mild. They'll probobly look less noticeable once the red marks are gone.

well, they will fade some for sure, the redness will go away and a bit depression will be less. those are for sure, but don't worry so much. There is so much on the market, from laser to peelings. If your not on accutane you could go with a nice glycolic peeling. Don't worry mine is way worse. I have similair skin as you (azian/ white mix )

eat your veggies do some peeling and bet you have a nice lookin skin by the end of next year. Don't worry bub smile.gif

Squeezing pimples may damage the skin and cause scarring. Not using your bare hands at least helps with less bacteria. Don't pop, squeeze, or pick them, you dang meddling kids!

rolleyes.gif What if your taking a shower or washing your face and it falls off?? but you didnt pop it, squeeze it, or pick them what will happen then??? Is it the same as squeezeing it if that happens???

Guest Scorpioness

OMG Teplo, that was funny. eusa_clap.gif

Reminds me of a familiar time waaaaaaay back when. Of course the second picture very accurately portrays the feeling that would follow the first.

I have a large, large depressed area on my right cheek and another not so large one on my left. Are injections the only way to get rid of them?

Vanguard20, I believe that fillers are the best way to deal with large depressions. Without seeing a pic, I would guess that living fat transfers or a new filler called Sculptra might be good, maybe followed by a spot dermabrasion if it's lumpy. The awesome thing about fillers is the fact that it's not an overly-expensive, scary procedure. ninja.gif