Notifications
Clear all

Panoxyl 2.5% And 5% Aquagel Discontinued

MemberMember
(@catty)

Posted : 07/05/2012 12:26 pm

Argh! This stuff was amazing and the only thing that keeps me clear! What can I use as an alternative? Is Quinoderm just as good?

Thanks in advance!

MemberMember
(@nikkihinton)

Posted : 07/06/2012 6:01 am

I found some 2.5% on amazon yesterday eve... maybe you just have to order online/ from abroad now. Otherwise the lady I spoke to in the chemist says the only other things they have jump up to 4%

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/06/2012 7:45 am

Just back from the chemist to refill my script and the girl said its been discontinued sure enough. Not sure if the NHS have just taken it off its list of provided drugs and you can still buy it online or maybe online stockists are selling off current stock? Regarding Quinoderm. I didn't find it as good. It done the job but its cream based and when you sweat in turns white, not nice. Back to Dan's I guess.

MemberMember
(@catty)

Posted : 07/07/2012 2:16 pm

Thanks guys, I just bought a year's supply from Express Chemist. Panic over for a year!

MemberMember
(@thin-lizzy)

Posted : 07/07/2012 8:24 pm

this has been gone over a year but can be still bought online. However this won't last forever as bp has a sell by date. I get mine from express chemist as well

MemberMember
(@catty)

Posted : 07/09/2012 1:57 pm

My current tube has an expiry date of 01/2014 so I'm ok for now. I have no idea what I'll do in the future! Any suggestions?

MemberMember
(@kel)

Posted : 07/10/2012 1:24 am

hi peeps, i just ordered some from thehealthcounter.com

MemberMember
(@lustyme)

Posted : 07/14/2012 3:59 pm

just managed to get six tubes of this at www.thepharmacyhut.co.uk. Its the only thing that seems to suit my skin.

MemberMember
(@barnesy99)

Posted : 07/17/2012 4:31 am

Just emailed the manufacturer! Officially been discontinued! So annoying! Been trawling the internet and no-one has any stock left. Anyone found any anywhere?

MemberMember
(@lemmy)

Posted : 07/29/2012 3:17 pm

This is the only product that works for me. I use a finger length amount of gel twice a day, so a full tube only usually lasts me just over a week - so stock piling as much as i can before it's completely unavailable doesn't seem like a sensible approach, so the search begins for something else.

I'm reluctantly going to try Aquagel 4%, and Quinoderm 5%. I will report my findings here.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/30/2012 12:40 pm

Looks like its Brevoxyl for me. That or Quinodem

This is the only product that works for me. I use a finger length amount of gel twice a day, so a full tube only usually lasts me just over a week - so stock piling as much as i can before it's completely unavailable doesn't seem like a sensible approach, so the search begins for something else.

I'm reluctantly going to try Aquagel 4%, and Quinoderm 5%. I will report my findings here.

Do you mean Panoxyl Aquagel 5%? I thought they were doing away with that as well?

I'm going back to Brevoxyl. Remember using it way back. Its cream based so don't know how that may go. Cream based is what put me off Quinodem. When you sweat it turns white.

MemberMember
(@jakeuk)

Posted : 08/03/2012 9:28 am

Ive looked all over the internet with no luck. It seems 5% and 2.5% is out of stock everywhere. Also no luck with over the counter suppliers. Ive tried 12 different places in the Birmingham area and they all say the same, "discontinued".

Not going to lie, im pretty worried. AquaGel 2.5% has literally changed my life in the past few years and I can't seem to find a adequate substitute. If anyone knows of the "next best thing" then please let me know. Im pretty desperate.

Going to pick up a couple 10% today as i can still get them, but while normally using 2.5%, im pretty sure 10% is going to be to strong for me. Although id rather have a slightly red face and have to moisturise every day than be full of spots.

Anyway, any info on this situation would be awesome!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/03/2012 10:44 am

2.5% and 5% have been discontinued mate. (So Stiefel say) You'll definitely feel the difference with the 10% jumping from 2.5%.

There is.....

Brevoxyl 4%

Quinoderm 5%

Panoxyl Aquagel 10%

Dans BP

Acnecide 5% gel

I've just started on the Brevoxyl.

MemberMember
(@jakeuk)

Posted : 08/03/2012 1:14 pm

Well im going to start on the 10% in very small amounts. Gonna start just using it once a day and see how I get on.

Acnecide 5% seems like a pretty similar product to PanOxyl AG but its very expensive, 16 for 60g is what im seeing.

Brevoxyl 4% is a cream right? Ive heard cream's end up going white on the skin when you sweat, have you had this problem? I exercise alot so this could be a issue is correct. Also how are you finding it and is it avaible over the counter anywhere or have your got yours online?

thanks

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/04/2012 7:11 am

Hey Jake,

Just started on the Brevoxyl so a bit early to judge but it doesn't seem to turn white like say Quionoderm. Its a thinner cream, sort of a gelish texture when applied.

I get mine on script, that's how I found out Panoxyl was being discontinued. I phoned up to get a repeat script and the girl said was there anything else I'd prefer so I went for the Brevoxyl.

Quinoderm can also be gotten on script by the way. I didn't ask about Acnecide but I'm sure its on their database.

MemberMember
(@jakeuk)

Posted : 08/04/2012 10:32 am

Thanks for the info. I've ordered some Brevoxyl 4%. Only 5 so hopefully it works out well.

Got some PanOxyl 10% to keep me going until the Brevoxyl arrives. So far I haven't seen or felt much difference between the 5% and the 10%. Only using small amounts and moisturising after every use so anyone whos in a similar predicament, give the 10% a go but take it easy at first.

MemberMember
(@swedan)

Posted : 08/05/2012 3:08 am

Not good... I suppose I will have to work with 4-5% since importing Dan's to Sweden is too risky. Luckily I'm not completely out of 2.5%, and it should last me almost until the end of the year.

MemberMember
(@slml)

Posted : 08/10/2012 11:04 am

I can't believe that this has been discontinued! I have been using this since 2007 and it has been amazing, I had lazer treatment for my acne which cleared it all up but my dermatologist recommended the 2.5% stating it was the best. I bought Brevoxyl for the first time last week and I have had no adverse reactions or breakouts, but it does not control oil in anyway, I put it on at night and I waken up to a really shiny face. I have tried using it under my makeup but within an hour I have an oil slick down the middle of my face!!!! Will be trying Quinoderm next....does anyone know if it controls oily skin better???

MemberMember
(@robertzombie)

Posted : 08/22/2012 7:47 am

Oh dear, just been to my pharmacy to buy some more 2.5% Panoxyl and heard the bad news that it's been discontinued. Like most who have commented on this threat it's the one thing that actually keeps my skin clear!

How have people found the Brevoxyl 4%? Do you need a prescription to buy it?

MemberMember
(@shadrach)

Posted : 08/22/2012 3:09 pm

You don't need a prescription for Brevoxyl, no. You can order it online. I think it's only Duac that you need a prescription for.

I haven't actually used either, so can't comment on how they compare to Panoxyl.

MemberMember
(@jakeuk)

Posted : 08/23/2012 5:54 pm

Hey,

I gave Brevoxyl 4% a try, didn't like it. I didn't like how it went onto my skin, seems to instantly feel greasy and took a bit longer to get into the skin compared to PanOxyl. I kept using if for 2 weeks tho just to see how it went. I broke out pretty bad after 3 days. I can't explain why but compared to PanOxyl, this stuff just doesn't work for me.

Ive left Brevoxyl and jumped onto PA 10%. So far really good, small amounts + moisturiser = clear skin again :)

MemberMember
(@recycle15)

Posted : 09/01/2012 11:19 am

Hey guys,

I'm also gutted that the 2.5/5% have been discontinued. Does anybody know if the 10% has been discontinued too? Can't seem to find it much around my town. Luckily I've still got some Basiron left from my trip to Denmark (it's very similar to Aquagel, would get it if you can).

MemberMember
(@gecko333)

Posted : 09/01/2012 7:17 pm

Argh! This stuff was amazing and the only thing that keeps me clear! What can I use as an alternative? Is Quinoderm just as good?

Thanks in advance!

THANK GOD.

This stuff was AWFUL.

Panoxyl made my face red, dry, and as soon as i stopped using it my acne came back worse than ever.

It has permanently damaged my skin.

Thank god this stuff has been stopped so it can't cause any more damage.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/02/2012 4:35 am

edit

MemberMember
(@robertzombie)

Posted : 09/03/2012 6:48 am

I've managed to find some 5% Panoxyl in a pharmacy near to where I live, so I've been trying it out. Unfortunately this has coincided with a breakout (after enjoying two solid months of clear skin!) so it's difficult to tell at the moment how my skin will respond to the 5% in the long run, I'll have to wait and see.

*Should probably stress here that the breakout did not happen as a result of switching to 5%, it happened in the interim period when I'd ran out of 2.5 and hadn't found any 5.

I'm considering importing Dan's 8oz BP. Price wise it seems to work out fairly reasonable when importing from Amazon. 18 for 8oz is cheaper than buying what would effectively be 5 tubes of BP in the UK, and also the 8oz tube shouldn't get stung by customs charges.

Has anyone decided to switch from Panoxyl 2.5 to Dan's 2.5 BP? If so, what have the results been? Is it essentially the same product?