Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anybody got any experiences they would like to share?

I have the kind of rosacea where I don't particularly get red cheeks as I have olive skin but I get little red marks on my forhead and nose that are like little pustules. I've heard it's good for this?

It will probably help.

I also have cystic acne so I didn't get completely clear skin from it, but it helps keep my redness down and resolves my smaller pustules.

The first few months I used it, my skin would itch like crazy after I applied it. It hasn't done that in a long time. I think they changed the formulation a bit. But apparently it's normal if your skin does itch. Don't wash it off, just sit through it, it goes away after about 10 minutes.

Edited by Green Gables

Do you apply it every day? As in like even when there's no outstanding pustules is it good to keep putting it on to prevent others from flaring?

Please update on your progress as you go along! I haven't tried Finacea, but I have been prescribed Aczone and Metrogel. I have rosacea and severe flare ups and red skin with acne. I have used Aczone for immediate redness control for flare ups during the day, but I only use it as needed because it clogs my pores and gives me bad black heads. Metrogel is something that I have recently started using but have noticed that it doesn't really help for the redness during the day but cuts down a little on the pustles. Good luck!

It seems OK in the fact it does make your acne rosacea look better in the morning when you put it on at night, my problem is I suffer from high anxiety which is my big rosacea trigger so it's fighting a losing battle atm. I've finally discovered that all the creams, antibiotics in the world can helo but if your rosacea is triggered by your emotions, your medicine will be resolve them emotional issues as best you can.

I am struggling though so if anyone has faced a similar issue to men and has conquered it then please let me know how to take my mind of my rosacea which makes me anxious. Vicious circle. Sorry to go on. The Finacea shows ok results so far if I put things in perspective.

Please update on your progress as you go along! I haven't tried Finacea, but I have been prescribed Aczone and Metrogel. I have rosacea and severe flare ups and red skin with acne. I have used Aczone for immediate redness control for flare ups during the day, but I only use it as needed because it clogs my pores and gives me bad black heads. Metrogel is something that I have recently started using but have noticed that it doesn't really help for the redness during the day but cuts down a little on the pustles. Good luck!

Hey! I'm 22 almost 23 male and my skin seems very similar to yours. I have been diagnosed with rosacea acne. Its horrible. Metro gel didn't do anything for me, but I also didn't give it very long. I go to a new derm tmrw and I'm going to ask about doxycycline and finacea. Do you have any redness on your chin too?

It seems OK in the fact it does make your acne rosacea look better in the morning when you put it on at night, my problem is I suffer from high anxiety which is my big rosacea trigger so it's fighting a losing battle atm. I've finally discovered that all the creams, antibiotics in the world can helo but if your rosacea is triggered by your emotions, your medicine will be resolve them emotional issues as best you can.

I am struggling though so if anyone has faced a similar issue to men and has conquered it then please let me know how to take my mind of my rosacea which makes me anxious. Vicious circle. Sorry to go on. The Finacea shows ok results so far if I put things in perspective.

Sounds like we can be best friends. I'm almost 23 male. I have rosacea acne too. I see a new derm tmrw and I'm going to ask for doxycyline and finacea. I too have severe anxiety and depression. My chin, nose, and cheeks are constantly red and flushed and the pimples that come are not like normal acne pimples. They remain under the skin but I can still feel them. My face does itch and get hot during the day. I'm working with therapists to help my anxiety and depression. Have you considered talking to a therapist and going on meds? If you want to talk more, we can chat over Facebook. It's rare that we find someone who is going through the exact same thing. Let me know man. I'm a mess too.