Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HelloSonic

How Often Can You Get A Cortisone Shot For One Particular Spot?

I have this huge cyst on my cheek for almost 4 months now. It's not red or painful at all. It looks just like a lump on my cheek, prolly size of a dime. So last week (friday) my dermatologist gave me a cortisone shot, she said she was just gonna inject a little and see how it turns out because she doesnt want to give to much that it will leave a dent on my cheek. It has been 4 days now and i notice the cyst does get a little bit smaller, but its still there ( you might not see if if your looking straight to my face, but its really obvious if you look on the side).

My problem is that there will be a big wedding next saturday and i will be the bridesmaid. I was wondering if I can ask my dermatologist to give me another shot couple days before the wedding to see if the cyst can get any smaller? How often can one get injected? Will there be any side effect if i get two shots only couple days apart?