Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
allornothing83

Astringent

Hey all. I was wondering....how is an astringent different from a cleanser, if there is even a difference? I was thinking of using C&C blackhead clearing astringent with 1% SA as a cleanser. I just got my bp gel today. Will it be too irritating?

Yes, it will I've tried that before and it wasn't pretty. In my opinion mixing SA and BP together is not good. It could be overly irritating and besides you don't want to wake up red.

Look at this

A toner is the same thing as astringent.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Works Deep Down to Open Pores

* Ideal for T-Zone and Problem Areas

* Gentle Acting Formula

* Non-irritating. Non-drying.

Eucerin® Clear Skin Formulas are dermatologist recommended products that meet the needs of blemish-prone skin with the effective yet gentle care it needs.

Eucerin® Deep Action Toner provides essential deep cleansing to remove excess oil and keep pores open without overdrying. Lactic acid, proven to unclog pores, gently clears your skin.

* Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores)

* Non-acnegenic (won't cause acne)

* Non-irritating - well tolerated by acne-prone skin

* Ideal for T-Zone and other specific problem areas

Directions:

After washing face with Eucerin® Pore Purifying Foaming Wash, moisten cotton ball or pad and apply to the problem areas in a gentle stroking motion. Do not rinse. For best results, follow with Eucerin® Daily Control & Care Moisture Creme.

Ingredients:

Water, Alcohol Denat, Butylene Glycol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Poloxamer 124, Lactic Acid, Polyglyceryl-2 Caprate, Glyceryl Caprylate, Fragrance, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I suggest you use this when you need it.

Also, it doesn't cotain SA and that's good. You really don't want to cobine SA to BP.

I hope this helps. Also, if you are new BP I suggest you get use to it for 2 or 3 weeks and then start using it cause' it has ASA and it might sting. But, if your not new on BP go ahead.

Oh yeah, I want to know if your acne severe or moderate? I'm just curious? Sorry to many questions.

Lots of luck.... eusa_dance.gif

I think it shouldn't be a problem then. I think you would be clear.

Morning:

Wash your face with a gentle cleanser.

Apply moisturizer.

Night:

Apply a little of Benzoil Peroxide it should 2.5%

Try doing this for 3 weeks or so.

Then if you're ready to use the toner. Go right ahead.

Use the toner in the morning.

I do this everyday. And to tell you is controls my acne. I'm clear now but, I have scars and red marks.

But, if you would of known I did Dan's Regimen for 3 weeks...It was hell for me cause' my skins felt overly dry and scaly. Cause' i was using the BP morning and night. But, now I'm using it at night and it's working for me. I can't do it with his regimen. Cause' I go out alot so...that's the best way I could do.

Lots of luck.

If it works keep me updated. wink.gif

Hey thanks for that. I am only going to apply bp at night. I work during the day (server) so if I do end up red and flakey from it, it wouldn't be so good for me. Anyways I just applied it and my face is all tingly so it must be working eusa_dance.gif Cheers!

Oh yeah, almost forgot. To make acne to be gone. I also suggest to cut down sodas, greasy foods, and junk food. So, you could be total clear. Also, to enhace you regimen. You should try these:

Take Vitamin A

Zinc

And drink green tea.

Those supplements would make your inner body fight the acne from the inside. Is like a little help for your skin to heal.

I hope you get your skin clear. Can wait.

Do you have any pictures of your acne?