Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ginerspice123

Hormonal Acne Or Folliculitis?

Hello Everyone, I'm looking for some advice. I've had acne for the past 5 years. It started when I was 12 years old and now I'm 17. I have all little bumps all over my face. They turn bright red after I wash them in the morning. I have been on every treatment around including accutane which was the only thing that made it go away but then it came right back when I stopped taking it. So then they put me on birth control pills. I took Loestrin 24 Fe for 1 year and 3 months and the bumps got worse and worse. They just switched me to ortho cyclen because the doctor realized that the Loestrin actually is the worst thing for acne. Now I'm wondering if it might be malassezia folliculitis? So I went to the health food store and got some anti fungals and probiotics and started to use the body shop's tea tree oil cleanser line. Also, when I was little I was sick a lot and took a ton of antibiotics. That's why I thought maybe it's yeast. My mom is taking me to a dermatologist in a big city in 2 weeks but it's going to be $750 cash and i thought maybe people have some ideas before I go. Thanks! :)