Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wabbit

Manuka Honey... How To Use?

I just went out shopping (to fit more foods into my new "paleo" diet) and picked up some manuka honey while I was there. I've heard that manuka honey can help out with acne, but I'm not sure if I should be putting it actually on my face (the stuff is pretty darn expensive for a little bottle, by the way!) or ingesting it. Could anyone help me out?

Yes, manuka honey is super expensive! Do you see a number on the bottle? There should be something called the UMF (I think? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.) That number should be at about 15 or 16 if you want it to actually be effective against acne. I recently used manuka honey with a UMF of 6 as a facial mask and while it did not hurt it didn't help much.

However, if it's lower than 15 don't worry! You can still use it on your face. I love putting turmeric in my honey masks. Turmeric is great for lightening the skin (if you have hyperpigmentation like me it can lighten it if used consistently) and is an anti-inflammatory. :)

Yes, manuka honey is super expensive! Do you see a number on the bottle? There should be something called the UMF (I think? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.) That number should be at about 15 or 16 if you want it to actually be effective against acne. I recently used manuka honey with a UMF of 6 as a facial mask and while it did not hurt it didn't help much.

However, if it's lower than 15 don't worry! You can still use it on your face. I love putting turmeric in my honey masks. Turmeric is great for lightening the skin (if you have hyperpigmentation like me it can lighten it if used consistently) and is an anti-inflammatory. smile.png

Well I bought my honey from the brand Wedderspoon, and I can't seem to find the number you're talking about on the label... it does say "Active 12+" on the front, so could that be the right number? I guess I'll try it out nonetheless, and see how it works out. Thanks for the reply. ^^

I was using this as a mask butit broke my skin out, made the white heads n blackheads worse. I have it now with my herbal tea of a night.

I put manuka honey on my mask about twice a week. I use one that has a UMF of 20+. It is very expensive though ( $60) but i really like it. I recommend it.

I just went out shopping (to fit more foods into my new "paleo" diet) and picked up some manuka honey while I was there. I've heard that manuka honey can help out with acne, but I'm not sure if I should be putting it actually on my face (the stuff is pretty darn expensive for a little bottle, by the way!) or ingesting it. Could anyone help me out?

Also ingest a teaspoon of it preferably with meals. Killa all the bad bacteria inside.